Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You are badly mistaken. Do you honestly think USSF is going to continue to sink money into the Titanic? Once the MLS clubs are gone (happening shortly), the boys are done. There will not be a single thing they offer that boys couldn’t get in the ECNL or NEP.

Girls is basically done already. Slammers went all in to ECNL last year and took a boatload of players from the other CA clubs. They are now in full scale panic mode. CA clubs will be leaving. Texas soon to follow. GDA was dead on arrival. Girls don’t want to give up high school. Parents don’t want to pay to see their kids not play because only 14 do on game day and there is no re-entry.

By the way, USSF tried selecting from the GDA only when they first started and got embarrassed on the field. They absolutely cannot survive doing that and guess what? They aren’t going to put their own jobs in jeopardy to make a point. USSF will gladly walk away from the girls once the boys folds. It’s the only reason they did it to begin with.
    Next year will likely be the swan song for the GDA.

I’m sure the smarter parents will start pulling their kids. Finding a new home with 8 other kids isn’t easy. It’s like an entire company all getting laid off and looking for jobs

Comment

I assume you are talking about Girls side.
      Boys side has 14 clubs. 2-3 should be dropped because of poor performance and inability to field teams.
      Drop FC Bucks, Albertson, and Baltimore Celtic (*)
      * Baltimore Celtic is playing its B team in ECNL and put their A teams in EDP National League. It they would play their A team in ECNL they would be fine to stay.

Problem - Who could you add in the Northeast? GPS Mass Elite, SUSA, Bethesda, STA, Cedar Stars?
      SUSA already has ECNL on girls side, STA is always top competition, Cedar Stars always comes up in conversation assuming we are talking about Monmouth flipping from DA to ECNL as their Bergen Division is not strong enough...can't comment on the other two
      What about Penn Fusion?

Comment

I assume you are talking about Girls side.
        Boys side has 14 clubs. 2-3 should be dropped because of poor performance and inability to field teams.
        Drop FC Bucks, Albertson, and Baltimore Celtic (*)
        * Baltimore Celtic is playing its B team in ECNL and put their A teams in EDP National League. It they would play their A team in ECNL they would be fine to stay.

Problem - Who could you add in the Northeast? GPS Mass Elite, SUSA, Bethesda, STA, Cedar Stars?
        The girls NE side only has 8 clubs. Mid Atlantic has another 8. There are really no clubs that should be added in the NE GDA or want to be added for that matter.

Comment

SUSA already has ECNL on girls side, STA is always top competition, Cedar Stars always comes up in conversation assuming we are talking about Monmouth flipping from DA to ECNL as their Bergen Division is not strong enough...can't comment on the other two
          What about Penn Fusion?
          Penn Fusion wanted back in last year and were turned down. Might be time to start those talks, if they haven't already. They are in the Boys ECNL, so it is a smart move for both sides. That would be the final nail in the coffin for GDA, but it would probably hurt Continental again

Comment

What about Penn Fusion?
            look at the GDA map - Penn would likely go into the mid Atlantic group, if they're even interested. If I were a club I wouldn't go into GDA for at least another year. It's still too shaky http://www.ussoccerda.com/2017-girls-club-map

Comment

I assume you are talking about the Boy's side?

OW is a joke on the girls compared to CFC. No one at CFC cares about the GDA or OW for that matter. It's a small group of kids that made a poor decision driven by the ego of their parents. The platform is very close to cratering and the program wasn't remotely attractive to any of the top players in the state. Aside from that, I guess it's fine.

Lights out on the GDA within 24 months max.
              Your assessment is a bit harsh - OW does have some solid talent in their girls program. I believe they have one player (LK) who is in the NT pool. So to say that "the program wasn't remotely attractive to any of the top players in the state" is just plain false. You need to chill out.

Comment

Your assessment is a bit harsh - OW does have some solid talent in their girls program. I believe they have one player (LK) who is in the NT pool. So to say that "the program wasn't remotely attractive to any of the top players in the state" is just plain false. You need to chill out.
                She has not been invited back in about a year so..

Comment

She has not been invited back in about a year so..
                  She was a giant as a u-little .... others finally catching up?

Comment

She was a giant as a u-little .... others finally catching up?
                    happens all the time. lots of one-and-dones. other nt invitees stayed in ecnl. no top players moved to ow. most were their old npl players and a few low level ecnl players.

Comment

The DA is going to be changing quite a bit this coming year. Several boys clubs will be pulling out as the MLS clubs are the only thing USSF cares about.
                      On the girls side there has been several clubs looking to fill the 16th spot in the northeast.
                      Should be a fun few months. ECNL 2 is next up

Comment

They do have a few decent players; but no top players migrated to OW. And no one will.

Comment

The DA is going to be changing quite a bit this coming year. Several boys clubs will be pulling out as the MLS clubs are the only thing USSF cares about.
                          On the girls side there has been several clubs looking to fill the 16th spot in the northeast.
                          Should be a fun few months. ECNL 2 is next up
                          Clubs looking into GDA should have their collective heads examined or must be truly desperate. There's more clubs looking to leave than to enter. ECNL 2 - still just a rumor -would just replace NPL.

Comment

Clubs looking into GDA should have their collective heads examined or must be truly desperate. There's more clubs looking to leave than to enter. ECNL 2 - still just a rumor -would just replace NPL.
                            Its a rumor, however multiple clubs have told parents / kids they will have 2 ECNL teams next year. I tend to agree with your comment b/c club said we will just have ‘2 ECNL teams’ at each age group.

Comment

Its a rumor, however multiple clubs have told parents / kids they will have 2 ECNL teams next year. I tend to agree with your comment b/c club said we will just have ‘2 ECNL teams’ at each age group.
                              It makes sense that they would just move NPL teams into the ECNL around here. Capitalize on the ECNL name and consolidate ECNL market share away from NPL. They can also bring in GDA players looking to bail or forced to ail if GDA fails. But do clubs in other regions run NPL/B teams? Overall it's just moving the same # of players around with different patches.

Comment

And which clubs would those be?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X