Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not OP but you misspoke because all fall they (04 through 011) trained together if they were 8th graders or non HS players.
    This conversation is about the U16s who are 03s. Sophomores and Freshman.

Comment

Which is the top team? East or West?
      East is top team

Comment

That is definitely not what we were told.

Comment

You are not alone. But you were lied to. East is A team, West is B. Hey but your kid is still in ECNL, so you got that going for you... which is nice.

Comment

You are not alone. But you were lied to. East is A team, West is B. Hey but your kid is still in ECNL, so you got that going for you... which is nice.
            Soccer really sucks in this regard. Kids just want to be on an A team ..... winning not important, playing nice soccer, not important .... just get me on the A team and into college .... what a crappy attitude and way to go through life .... no wonder college soccer sucks ..... kids always looking for the next best thing and not maximizing what they have in the current moment. I dont want to play HS because our HS is terrible .... and I am not capable of making them better because I also suck .... so i will play club .... very frustrating, but soccer is reaping what it sows here in the US.

Comment

Get to college the old fashioned way and play wherever you wish.Grades will get you where you want to go

Comment

Get to college the old fashioned way and play wherever you wish.Grades will get you where you want to go
                That is actually not true. Grades plus SAT plus soccermight get you where you want to go.

Comment

You get the Jist .

Comment

There have already been a ton of posts about this - it was very clear at the meeting - the two teams would have equal opportunity but would not be equal. If you were "lied to" you heard what you wanted to hear.

Comment

Soccer can be the tip that gets you in over the 150 other applicants with the same exact grades and scores for that one spot. When a school gets tens of thousands of applicants any slight advantage is one to be exploited

Comment

There have already been a ton of posts about this - it was very clear at the meeting - the two teams would have equal opportunity but would not be equal. If you were "lied to" you heard what you wanted to hear.
                        I guess there were lots of us hearing what we wanted to hear, but we were also lied to. At the time the offer was made, we specifically asked “so this is for the B team, and the answer given back to us was “no, both teams were built to be equal, no A or B team.” So you tell me where we heard what we wanted to hear there?

Comment

I guess there were lots of us hearing what we wanted to hear, but we were also lied to. At the time the offer was made, we specifically asked “so this is for the B team, and the answer given back to us was “no, both teams were built to be equal, no A or B team.” So you tell me where we heard what we wanted to hear there?
                          this guy again.

Leave if you're so unhappy. Please.

Comment

That is untrue because the “east” team in my daughters age group gets a heck of a lot more opportunities than the “west” and sometimes the players even get to guest in our activities.

Comment

this guy again.

Leave if you're so unhappy. Please.
                              ???? This is my first post on the subject. Not unhappy. Just clear they didn’t want to answer honestly when we asked them directly when the offer was first made. It became clear pretty quickly though once rosters were posted that there was an A and B team. We are fine for this year, and my daughter enjoys her team quite a bit, but the deception definitely left a bad taste in my mouth.

Comment

That is untrue because the “east” team in my daughters age group gets a heck of a lot more opportunities than the “west” and sometimes the players even get to guest in our activities.
                                Opportunities as in playing in the same league and same showcases. Not sure what you are referring to.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X