Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do these clubs not take the best players

My son is a kick ass goalie who just can not get a chance. He gives up zero goals (except when the defense does something dumb) and has better stats than any DA goalie but, when we go to tryouts they barely look at him. Even after I yell at them and tell them how great he is they barely pay attention. He was offered OCYS Purple 2 and we will try out at RUSH tonight. This kid deserves a chance. Any techniques to get the coaches to see how great he is?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My son is a kick ass goalie who just can not get a chance. He gives up zero goals (except when the defense does something dumb) and has better stats than any DA goalie but, when we go to tryouts they barely look at him. Even after I yell at them and tell them how great he is they barely pay attention. He was offered OCYS Purple 2 and we will try out at RUSH tonight. This kid deserves a chance. Any techniques to get the coaches to see how great he is?
    Yea! Stop yelling at the coaches!

Comment

Yea! Stop yelling at the coaches!
      I will when they see my son's potential.

Comment

I will when they see my son's potential.
        He gave up one goal in the entire season at Seminole Youth soccer.

Comment

Yelling at the coaches is not the best idea, and showing up to tryouts without reaching out to the coaches first is also an issue. Clubs like OC and Rush have kids that have been there since they were 5. The coaches know them, they trust them, and they have seen them grow up. It is tough to break through that on a tryout basis. Your kid will probably be frustrated tonight. The DA and pre-DA kids will be in a separate group, and your kid may never get a chance to play with them, and probably will not be on the top team when the offer comes. It's not fair, but that's how it is. He should have better stats, as the forwards he is facing are likely not as good as DA forwards. For now, decide which club you want to play for, try to get private lessons with the GK coach over the summer. If he is that great, they will move him up, but it may take time. Yelling at the coaches will do nothing at all.

Comment

Does he do goalie training with the goalie trainers? That's a good way to be seen a bit more than game situations. It also greases the wheel you might say.

Comment

Does he do goalie training with the goalie trainers? That's a good way to be seen a bit more than game situations. It also greases the wheel you might say.
              So bribery done under the guise of lessons is ok?

Comment

Obviously he is not head above shoulders than the other GK's or else they whould have looked at him closely. Then yelling thing is a lunatic/dilusional mom move.

Comment

Most clubs have a top keeper at every age group who has been in their system many years. Your kid has to be 'out of this world' to take their spot. Politics runs these youth clubs and yelling at coaches will do you no favors no matter how good your kid is. Also, if your kid is short, they may not look at him the same way as you do no matter how good he is. Short keepers do not excel as they get older. Very few colleges or pros have short keepers.

Comment

He even got invited to play for a national team in France

Comment

Why do these clubs not take the best players

He even got invited to play for a national team in France
                      That was the local indoor soccer center team, not the national team. My son played with your son at R9, you are delusional. He was not even the top keeper on our team, this dad's behaviour is disgraceful.

Comment

This has to be a scam post. Man, I hope you really don't act like that at tryouts.

Comment

Does he has the passions? If he no has the passions, no goalie play for his.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X