Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    don't forget to turn your passport in when DT wins again in 2020...loser.
    God Bless Our President!!!!!
    No need if I am jailed or fried up in the electric chair MAGA!

Comment

WCFC has its identity tied up in being an ECNL board member. That and their field situation is the major draw and they are able to source players from a huge pool of kids. I have seen some teams play some very nice soccer, possession based and with lots of combinations. Other teams it was all boom ball with punting and having the team run onto the ball at full speed. It will really depend on the team and the coach you have. The facility is great and serves as a real center of events, some kids go there even on off days just to hang out and watch, which creates a real sense of belonging to something big. They also have done a great job developing some top players, so they are something of a destination club.

Comment

WCFC has its identity tied up in being an ECNL board member. That and their field situation is the major draw and they are able to source players from a huge pool of kids. I have seen some teams play some very nice soccer, possession based and with lots of combinations. Other teams it was all boom ball with punting and having the team run onto the ball at full speed. It will really depend on the team and the coach you have. The facility is great and serves as a real center of events, some kids go there even on off days just to hang out and watch, which creates a real sense of belonging to something big. They also have done a great job developing some top players, so they are something of a destination club.
        No one cares if they are a board member (I dont think they are). They certainly are not a founder member and have almost zero influence. They are not a destination club and dont have a big pool to draw from either. They face competition from several clubs.

In fact, its easier to say what is accurate about your post than point out the flaws.

What top players have they developed? I cant think of many. Maybe we define top differently

Comment

No one cares if they are a board member (I dont think they are). They certainly are not a founder member and have almost zero influence. They are not a destination club and dont have a big pool to draw from either. They face competition from several clubs.

In fact, its easier to say what is accurate about your post than point out the flaws.

What top players have they developed? I cant think of many. Maybe we define top differently
          Rebecca Jarrett

Comment

Rebecca Jarrett
            one....

Comment

one....
              They developed quite a few actually. I don't want to name names, but take a look at the Rutgers, Georgetown, UVA, Penn State rosters for recent WCFC/NYCFC players. Let's be honest they developed most the NYCFC players as well

They certainly are a destination club. Many NYSC, Manhattan, QuikStrike, Cedar Stars and Matchfit Players have been at the latest round of tryouts

Comment

D has been at WC for a few years. Overall, it has been a positive experience. Generally, the training is good. Coaches personalities vary, so how D responds is dependent on that. They do like to have teams change coaches ever couple of years, so it gives players different experiences (some people may not like this, but think it’s been good for D). Having the facility makes a big difference because it means there is no shortage of other teams to scrimmage with at practice (including the boys teams). Also means you get to know players and parents from around the club better than with some other clubs.

Kaz and Chris are pretty up front about stuff. My impression is that this is not true of many DOCs at some of the bigger clubs around this area, so I appreciate their straight-forward approach. The only exception I’ve heard about this is some promises made to NPL players having an opportunity to move up to ECNL. As far as I know, no NPL player has ever been moved up permanently to ECNL, while a few have actually been moved down from ECNL to NPL when better players have come in from other clubs. But most of the NPL players I know seem happy on their NPL teams.

Overall a good club. Can’t really comment on whether it’s a good place for “elite” players because D is not one. She is very good, but not YNT-level. But honestly, I’m not really sure what else a club could do that WC isn’t doing that would make it any better. Maybe Kaz needs to make more promises to players to attract better ones? Honestly, I prefer that he stays honest.

Comment

I found the 2019 commits for NYCFC GDA, and all of these girls have spent at least 2 years being developed by Kaz and Fredy, JD is the WNT GK of the future....

Angela Aguero-Penn State
                  Cora Creighton-NYU
                  Corrin Motyka-Fairfield
                  Danieel Etienne-Fordham
                  Ellie Johnson-James Madison
                  Julia Dohle-Penn State*
                  Kaylie Brenner-Syracuse
                  Katrina Kurtz-Siena
                  Olivia Higgins-Indiana

Not bad, IMO...

Comment

They developed quite a few actually. I don't want to name names, but take a look at the Rutgers, Georgetown, UVA, Penn State rosters for recent WCFC/NYCFC players. Let's be honest they developed most the NYCFC players as well

They certainly are a destination club. Many NYSC, Manhattan, QuikStrike, Cedar Stars and Matchfit Players have been at the latest round of tryouts
                    Players. sure.. Top players ? not really.

Comment

I found the 2019 commits for NYCFC GDA, and all of these girls have spent at least 2 years being developed by Kaz and Fredy, JD is the WNT GK of the future....

Angela Aguero-Penn State
                      Cora Creighton-NYU
                      Corrin Motyka-Fairfield
                      Danieel Etienne-Fordham
                      Julia Dohle-Penn State*
                      Kaylie Brenner-Syracuse
                      Katrina Kurtz-Siena
                      Olivia Higgins-Indiana

Not bad, IMO...
                      except NONE of them have actually played a College game. to call them top players simply because of their commitment is premature. Most of the ECNL/GDA clubs will have similar commits.

Comment

and the Clubs you listed will have very similar commits.

Comment

except NONE of them have actually played a College game. to call them top players simply because of their commitment is premature. Most of the ECNL/GDA clubs will have similar commits.
                          Sorry, thought this thread was about youth soccer, and I hear you’re premature a lot lately.

Comment

Please list your credentials for knowing what a top player is, I will wait....

Comment

Angela Aguero-Penn State
                              Cora Creighton-NYU
                              Corrin Motyka-Fairfield
                              Danieel Etienne-Fordham
                              Julia Dohle-Penn State*
                              Kaylie Brenner-Syracuse
                              Katrina Kurtz-Siena
                              Olivia Higgins-Indiana

Not bad, IMO...
                              no disrespect, but when a GK has size and a decent shot stopper, people go overboard. No guarantee she is the PSU starter.

Comment

no disrespect, but when a GK has size and a decent shot stopper, people go overboard. No guarantee she is the PSU starter.
                                Have you seen her play? If not, then you are simply a Russian Troll, trying to divide the German and American people!

If you have, then you are an even bigger Russian Troll, or maybe Chinese??

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X