Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 05-09-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
These rules will help everyone. Coaches won’t make so many mistakes recruiting and there will be less transfers
This is actually a disadvantage for the kids. The kid can always back out. What if they get hurt? How will it benefit them then? No college will back out, or very few, from the offering.

Now the club coach has a potentially manipulative advantage over the kid and family. This will cause many, many issues.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-09-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This is actually a disadvantage for the kids. The kid can always back out. What if they get hurt? How will it benefit them then? No college will back out, or very few, from the offering.

Now the club coach has a potentially manipulative advantage over the kid and family. This will cause many, many issues.
They already have that if they are of poor character. There are stories of coaches sabotaging players that did not tow their line. Try to find a coach of good character if you can and avoid the morally challenged. Goes for life in general.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-09-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Seton Hall backed out of all their commitments
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-09-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Seton Hall backed out of all their commitments
For all or a particular recruiting class?

I think the new rules are a step in the right direction. I am sure most of you noticed all of the announcements of commitments right before May 1st. I can't imagine there was serious consideration to a players future in such an immediate reaction. This is such a huge decision for a family and player. I couldn't imagine forcing my kid to take the first offer thrown their way so they can stunt on social media.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-09-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
For all or a particular recruiting class?

I think the new rules are a step in the right direction. I am sure most of you noticed all of the announcements of commitments right before May 1st. I can't imagine there was serious consideration to a players future in such an immediate reaction. This is such a huge decision for a family and player. I couldn't imagine forcing my kid to take the first offer thrown their way so they can stunt on social media.
Players are also expected to take themselves off the market so now they are off the market. Early recruiting will still go on. Players/families/club should keep it on the down low to avoid scrutiny. But telling a 15 year old girl not to blast anything on social media is like sticking your finger in the hole the iceberg made in the Titanic.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-09-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Seton Hall backed out of all their commitments
Is this a fact? or just a troll poster? I believe they have a new coaching staff so it seems possible but who knows?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-09-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is this a fact? or just a troll poster? I believe they have a new coaching staff so it seems possible but who knows?
I've no idea but a new coach will usually honor the commits for the incoming class as they have no time to look elsewhere. Any years after that and all bets are off. If an NLI was signed then he/she has no choice, but that doesn't mean they will play you.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-12-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default New NCAA Recruiting Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I've no idea but a new coach will usually honor the commits for the incoming class as they have no time to look elsewhere. Any years after that and all bets are off. If an NLI was signed then he/she has no choice, but that doesn't mean they will play you.
How will this effect coaches attendance at U15 showcases?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-12-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How will this effect coaches attendance at U15 showcases?
Are you referring to Seton Hall or coaches in general?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-12-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default New NCAA Recruiting Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Are you referring to Seton Hall or coaches in general?
In general, they may attend more older groups, no?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.