Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-23-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default HS or not ?

How many of the HS stars in this area have gone on to a big time College and had an instant impact ?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-23-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Lots. Sam Coffey (Boston College/Penn State); Taylor Aylmer (rutgers); Taylor Racioppi (Duke); Phallon Tullis Joyce (university of Miami); Melina Couzis (University of Connecticut); Zoe Maxwell (Brown)...do you need more?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-23-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Lots. Sam Coffey (Boston College/Penn State); Taylor Aylmer (rutgers); Taylor Racioppi (Duke); Phallon Tullis Joyce (university of Miami); Melina Couzis (University of Connecticut); Zoe Maxwell (Brown)...do you need more?
are you kidding? thats hardly any. Of your list there are maybe 2 big time Colleges. Has U COnn won 5 games over the last 2 years !! Brown ? no. Miami...No.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-23-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
are you kidding? thats hardly any. Of your list there are maybe 2 big time Colleges. Has U COnn won 5 games over the last 2 years !! Brown ? no. Miami...No.
They got there bc of their club take, not HS.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-23-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
They got there bc of their club take, not HS.
You did not say that. You asked for HS stars who went to Big time Colleges. Since when is Penn State, Duke, Rutgers, u if Miami, or Brown not a “big time college”? Just because the answer isn’t what you wanted doesn’t mean it’s wrong friend
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-23-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You did not say that. You asked for HS stars who went to Big time Colleges. Since when is Penn State, Duke, Rutgers, u if Miami, or Brown not a “big time college”? Just because the answer isn’t what you wanted doesn’t mean it’s wrong friend
Coffey went to BC ..has not played a game for PSU yet. Duke yes, Rutgers and BC are borderline. The rest are not even close. And by the way,Racioppi has graduated so basically you gave me 6 players., 4 of which are marginal over 5 YEARS .. so less than one per YEAR thats nothing.

You have no idea what i wanted. I asked a question and your answer is way off. Implied in Big time is for soccer, given thats what this forum is all about.

No one can possibly think Brown or Miami meet that criteria. Nor does U Conn. So one blue chip soccer school so far.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-23-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You did not say that. You asked for HS stars who went to Big time Colleges. Since when is Penn State, Duke, Rutgers, u if Miami, or Brown not a “big time college”? Just because the answer isn’t what you wanted doesn’t mean it’s wrong friend
and thats a different poster friend.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-24-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Coffey went to BC ..has not played a game for PSU yet. Duke yes, Rutgers and BC are borderline. The rest are not even close. And by the way,Racioppi has graduated so basically you gave me 6 players., 4 of which are marginal over 5 YEARS .. so less than one per YEAR thats nothing.

You have no idea what i wanted. I asked a question and your answer is way off. Implied in Big time is for soccer, given thats what this forum is all about.

No one can possibly think Brown or Miami meet that criteria. Nor does U Conn. So one blue chip soccer school so far.
You are bonkers right? not the person who gave the list but you specifically asked for a list of HS Stars in this area who went to “big time schools”. The poster gave you a list of some pretty big time schools. Are you mad because they proved your thoughts wrong, or are you just an angry idiot who asks stupid questions? Ask more specific questions and you will get more specific answers.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-24-2019
Unregistered1001
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Is this supposed to be an argument against playing HS soccer? Of course HS soccer doesn't contribute to much to a player's development, but it does some. Nor does that justify taking it away for thousands of players who want to play. Many top level players played in HS and continued to be top players in college. Some college players flame out, but playing HS isn't why that happened. It means they over-reached for their programs, they didn't keep working hard at their craft, or the coach judged poorly.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-24-2019
Unregistered1000
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered1001 View Post
Is this supposed to be an argument against playing HS soccer? Of course HS soccer doesn't contribute to much to a player's development, but it does some. Nor does that justify taking it away for thousands of players who want to play. Many top level players played in HS and continued to be top players in college. Some college players flame out, but playing HS isn't why that happened. It means they over-reached for their programs, they didn't keep working hard at their craft, or the coach judged poorly.
interesting that people interpret it that way. you say many. i dont see many top player PERIOD
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.