Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 04-16-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So, i'm just catching up on these and have to say, I agree with the Smithtown parent who is defending the club. My kid plays at EM so I have no first hand knowledge of the club, but from what I've seen over the years, Smithtown is a lot more than a rec. Club. Are they great across the board, definitely not, but they do have some strong teams and a history of strong teams. As someone said, if they are such a bad club, you wouldn't be talking about them, so the fact that you are really defeats your argument.
I saw something about Sachem becoming a rec club after a few years under LIPS but nothing about Smithtown being one. Seems TL and his cronies are a little sensitive after losing NPL.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-16-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default EM dumping Smithtown

A lot of Smithtown bashing going on here. That's sad, I know a lot of those guys and they are great people. They always seem to be looking after their kids and their teams and trying to find good opportunities for them. Totally unfair.

I can only guess this crazy thread is being fueled by the big club(s) who want to try to poach their stronger players. There are too many leagues out there! GDA has some good teams and some poor teams. ECNL has some good and bad, too. As does NPL and EDP. Each club seems to have strengths and weaknesses in various age groups. Their are a lot of players out there who obviously don't belong playing at those levels. It's a massive watering down of talent.

It's too bad the local Long Island clubs can't compete on a merit system based on team performance in these higher leagues. Teams that get automatic DA, ECNL, EDP, and NPL often don't belong there and it's obvious because of where they fall in the standings.

The trash and lies I see on this thread really show the quality of parents pushing their kids travel soccer agendas. People should be really look at the motivation of a thread like this and hopefully see through the BS smear campaign going on. Who is writing this crap and why?

I like the people at Smithtown and as a fellow local neighboring and competing club member can't stand to see this nonsense thrown their way. Is it solely the greed of the big clubs and trainers pitting these clubs against one another? I for one will stay away from the big organizations and let my daughter play in a place with good coaches and trainers any day and a reasonable price.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-16-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

IMO Smithtown handles the balance of premier and rec quite well. All trainer run for the A teams. Parent coaches for the bottom teams. Don't spend a fortune on fields or unneeded extras. Does what they can to put their top teams in stronger leagues.

Do they always make the right decisions? No, of course not. But they are a model that a lot of town clubs should follow.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-16-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
IMO Smithtown handles the balance of premier and rec quite well. All trainer run for the A teams. Parent coaches for the bottom teams. Don't spend a fortune on fields or unneeded extras. Does what they can to put their top teams in stronger leagues.

Do they always make the right decisions? No, of course not. But they are a model that a lot of town clubs should follow.
And let's be honest, some of their top teams can and do compete with the big clubs on a regular basis. Its been said a few times here, if they were just a rec. club we would not be discussing them. We are discussing them because they have some talented kids/teams
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-16-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default EM dumping Smithtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Looks like East Meadow is dumping Smithtown and joining forces with Farmingdale. Great news for Farmingdale who will now have access to higher level competition and showcases.
It'll be fun to watch Smithtown try and spin this narrative as a positive!
LOL! Idiot why would East Meadow "dump," using your words Smithtown when they're teams are performing so well, too well. Maybe their just perceived as a threat.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-16-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default EM dumping Smithtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Agreed, Smithtown is a dud club, their partnership with EM was the only thing they had going for them. Farmingdale has had some real top level teams through the years, nobody was better than the 97s (I know, I'm dating myself,lol). Also expect to draw talent from Massapequa and Levittown where the grumbling about the new (definitely not) improved EDP/USYS, has already begun.
You're just crazy
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-16-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default EM dumping Smithtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
A lot of Smithtown bashing going on here. That's sad, I know a lot of those guys and they are great people. They always seem to be looking after their kids and their teams and trying to find good opportunities for them. Totally unfair.

I can only guess this crazy thread is being fueled by the big club(s) who want to try to poach their stronger players. There are too many leagues out there! GDA has some good teams and some poor teams. ECNL has some good and bad, too. As does NPL and EDP. Each club seems to have strengths and weaknesses in various age groups. Their are a lot of players out there who obviously don't belong playing at those levels. It's a massive watering down of talent.

It's too bad the local Long Island clubs can't compete on a merit system based on team performance in these higher leagues. Teams that get automatic DA, ECNL, EDP, and NPL often don't belong there and it's obvious because of where they fall in the standings.

The trash and lies I see on this thread really show the quality of parents pushing their kids travel soccer agendas. People should be really look at the motivation of a thread like this and hopefully see through the BS smear campaign going on. Who is writing this crap and why?

I like the people at Smithtown and as a fellow local neighboring and competing club member can't stand to see this nonsense thrown their way. Is it solely the greed of the big clubs and trainers pitting these clubs against one another? I for one will stay away from the big organizations and let my daughter play in a place with good coaches and trainers any day and a reasonable price.
I couldn't agree more!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-16-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
A lot of Smithtown bashing going on here. That's sad, I know a lot of those guys and they are great people. They always seem to be looking after their kids and their teams and trying to find good opportunities for them. Totally unfair.

I can only guess this crazy thread is being fueled by the big club(s) who want to try to poach their stronger players. There are too many leagues out there! GDA has some good teams and some poor teams. ECNL has some good and bad, too. As does NPL and EDP. Each club seems to have strengths and weaknesses in various age groups. Their are a lot of players out there who obviously don't belong playing at those levels. It's a massive watering down of talent.

It's too bad the local Long Island clubs can't compete on a merit system based on team performance in these higher leagues. Teams that get automatic DA, ECNL, EDP, and NPL often don't belong there and it's obvious because of where they fall in the standings.

The trash and lies I see on this thread really show the quality of parents pushing their kids travel soccer agendas. People should be really look at the motivation of a thread like this and hopefully see through the BS smear campaign going on. Who is writing this crap and why?

I like the people at Smithtown and as a fellow local neighboring and competing club member can't stand to see this nonsense thrown their way. Is it solely the greed of the big clubs and trainers pitting these clubs against one another? I for one will stay away from the big organizations and let my daughter play in a place with good coaches and trainers any day and a reasonable price.
I think this is very valid. Lots of good club options out there that offer a great and realistic alternative.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-16-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
LOL! Idiot why would East Meadow "dump," using your words Smithtown when they're teams are performing so well, too well. Maybe their just perceived as a threat.
Smithtown a threat to EM? Please tell me you are kidding
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-16-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default EM dumping Smithtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Smithtown a threat to EM? Please tell me you are kidding
All of Smithtown's teams are making EMSC look good! Why would they turn their back on them? Makes zero sense. Some of these high priced EM trainers/staff shopping themselves around?

Something smells pretty bad here.... The DOC of Farmingdale also a EM trainer brings his teams over. Some wheeling and dealing and shady stuff going down.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.