Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 04-15-2019
Unregistered

Default EM dumping Smithtown

Looks like East Meadow is dumping Smithtown and joining forces with Farmingdale. Great news for Farmingdale who will now have access to higher level competition and showcases.
It'll be fun to watch Smithtown try and spin this narrative as a positive!
Old 04-15-2019
Unregistered

Thumbs up

It was always odd to have clubs that are not near each other to partner up like they did.

With KK abandoning Sachem for Stonybrook, I'm going to guess that Smithtown ends up going full partnership with Sachem for the fall. Just a hunch.
Old 04-15-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It was always odd to have clubs that are not near each other to partner up like they did.

With KK abandoning Sachem for Stonybrook, I'm going to guess that Smithtown ends up going full partnership with Sachem for the fall. Just a hunch.
Smithtown has a bombshell coming. TL has been telling people that he will have ECNL with a partnership he is working on. Yes I know none of his teams are ECNL caliber but that was the rumor this past week.

Yes Cosmos.. that includes you.
Old 04-15-2019
Unregistered

Geez, Farmingdale becoming their ECRL arm? The watering down is at an all time high.
Old 04-15-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
Geez, Farmingdale becoming their ECRL arm? The watering down is at an all time high.
Farmingdale is better than Smithtown. In addition they will be able to attract more talent than Smithtown.
Old 04-15-2019
Unregistered

Quote:

LIPS only succeeded turning Sachem into a Rec.club. There is nothing to parter with.
Old 04-15-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
Farmingdale is better than Smithtown. In addition they will be able to attract more talent than Smithtown.
Agreed, Smithtown is a dud club, their partnership with EM was the only thing they had going for them. Farmingdale has had some real top level teams through the years, nobody was better than the 97s (I know, I'm dating myself,lol). Also expect to draw talent from Massapequa and Levittown where the grumbling about the new (definitely not) improved EDP/USYS, has already begun.
Old 04-15-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
Smithtown has a bombshell coming. TL has been telling people that he will have ECNL with a partnership he is working on. Yes I know none of his teams are ECNL caliber but that was the rumor this past week.

Yes Cosmos.. that includes you.
Who is TL?
Old 04-15-2019
Unregistered

Farmingdale is definitely not better than Smithtown and quite frankly, it's going to hurt EM not to have Smithtown. With the exception of maybe one, all of the smithtown teams were at the top, or near the top in each NE NPL age group. One rumor going around for the divorce was actually because some of the Smithtown teams were/are better than the EM ECNL teams.

To the person that wrote Smithtown will have a big announcement, do tell?
Old 04-15-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
LIPS only succeeded turning Sachem into a Rec.club. There is nothing to parter with.
While I could care less about sachem, at least get your facts straight because this statement is beyond dumb. The sachem board ruined that club long before LIPS got there.