Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Match Fit Girls 2006 ECNL

One of the new coaches at Match Fit has been trying to get me to bring my daughter over to the Girls Match Fit 2006 ECNL team. Does anyone know how they are?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    One of the new coaches at Match Fit has been trying to get me to bring my daughter over to the Girls Match Fit 2006 ECNL team. Does anyone know how they are?
    I sense a troll but I will bite because I am bored, pretty sure nobody is thinking of bringing their kid to MF if they did some basic research on their own to find they are currently rostering 28 girls already so your daughter would be #29. Currently in 2nd place in NE South but at what cost? I am sure the new coach is just trying to do her job and bring in some of her own girls, but at what point does the insanity stop?

And btw...did you not read the thread on the 07s and the club itself prior to posting this?

Comment

I sense a troll but I will bite because I am bored, pretty sure nobody is thinking of bringing their kid to MF if they did some basic research on their own to find they are currently rostering 28 girls already so your daughter would be #29. Currently in 2nd place in NE South but at what cost? I am sure the new coach is just trying to do her job and bring in some of her own girls, but at what point does the insanity stop?

And btw...did you not read the thread on the 07s and the club itself prior to posting this?
      Classic...........lolol way to call it out. Someone just trying to vent and want others to get involved in their unhappiness....lol. Nice try but I'm not biting but i do have a bowl of popcorn here just waiting for this convo to get started lol

Comment

Why would Match fit roster 28 kids? Isn’t that counter productive to winning? Who is the new coach you are referring to. It lists Dominic Bucci but he’s been there forever?

Comment

There is a new coach involved with the 2006’s, Meredith Rooney. Assume that is who the OP is referring to. The 06 team has really been growing. They brought in a ton of talent mid-season, like 11 new girls, so the roster is quite large. New girls at practice on a regular basis and they are rostered by the weekend, but the environment is super-competitive. Playing time is no longer consistent in the more competitive games with such a large roster but hopefully with 2 ECNL teams next year things will get better.

Comment

Oh boy. Here we go.

If you are not a troll and truly dont know what your getting yourself into than I wish you luck. Meredith is great but has no control, Bucci does. and to put it simply , he is a con man and a liar. That 06 team has a lot of talent but its a very caustic environment. The existing parents are not happy with all of the new kids coming in (and why would they be?) A few of the new kids that Meredith brought it already left after a few weeks. That should tell you something

Comment

Lol Parents are suckers and will throw money down the drain and eat up the bull**** that is flung at Match Fit . Good luck suckers!

Comment

There is a new coach involved with the 2006’s, Meredith Rooney. Assume that is who the OP is referring to. The 06 team has really been growing. They brought in a ton of talent mid-season, like 11 new girls, so the roster is quite large. New girls at practice on a regular basis and they are rostered by the weekend, but the environment is super-competitive. Playing time is no longer consistent in the more competitive games with such a large roster but hopefully with 2 ECNL teams next year things will get better.
                2 ECNL teams is a joke. You mean an A Team and a B team. Don’t believe the hype of two ECNL teams. Match Fit is just using the ecnl label to keep more kids and bring in more money.
                Match Fit is about money and that’s it. No development at that club what so ever . They capitalize on being in the ecnl and getting kids who were developed elsewhere . But they have hit a new low with claiming two ecnl teams . They will have an A team and B team in other words and that’s the truth.

Comment

I have heard great things about Meredith. It’s a shame she has got herself entangled in that mess at Matchfit. She could do so much more if she had landed herself at a more reputable club.

Comment

What happens to the Match Fit 2006 NPL team if they are bringing in all these girls for the two ECNL teams?

Comment

What happens to the Match Fit 2006 NPL team if they are bringing in all these girls for the two ECNL teams?

I believe the NPL team will now be part of the ECNL Regional league. Or ECNL 2. All Northeast ECNL clubs moving to this format

Comment

There is no way they are fielding 2 ECNL teams. They are just trying to suck I. As many players as they can because girls are fleeing from STA and Cedar Stars Bergen with the announcement of GDA on the horizon. No one wants to touch that mess, so Matchfit is telling everyone who leaves they can join their ECNL teams

Comment

There is no way they are fielding 2 ECNL teams. They are just trying to suck I. As many players as they can because girls are fleeing from STA and Cedar Stars Bergen with the announcement of GDA on the horizon. No one wants to touch that mess, so Matchfit is telling everyone who leaves they can join their ECNL teams

I agree with you that Matchfit is an absolute nightmare with Bucci and his Con. But, ECNL Regional league is true. Its another ECNL money grab to accommodate all of the former B team/NPL teams not just in Matchfit. So, Matchfit will have 2 ECNL teams with only one team being truly ECNL.

....and not too many fleeing STA to go to MAtchfit. Only B team kids or those that didnt make the DA team. There are alot more people than you think willing to try DA and considering Matchfit is your closest ECNL option most would rather take their chances in DA

Comment

Well if you see the post above and each of the two ecnl teams are A and B that would make the NPL team the C team. And if Match fit is telling you otherwise its a lie. A girl on the NPL has no shot at ever being called up to the A team. This is just another money grab by Match Fit. This is a quote for parents who might be considering Match Fit.

Quod volimus credimus libenter
                            we always believe what we want to believe

Parents please don’t believe the Match Fit staff.

Comment

Quod volimus credimus libenter
                              we always believe what we want to believe

Parents please don’t believe the Match Fit staff.
                              "But all of their social media posts seem so great and genuine and I'm having serious MOFO...I mean it is on the internet so it has to be true right?????.....right?????" LOL

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X