Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 3 > Florida

Notices

Florida Discussions about Florida soccer.

Old 03-29-2019
Unregistered

when are the tryouts scheduled? Haven't seen anything posted yet.
Old 03-29-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
HA! Someone got called out.
BTW they are just like every other Florida DA, average at best. The best DA teams are from the west coast and one from Texas.
Philadelphia Union and NYCFC need to be added to the list of top DA programs. Union and FC Dallas are the top 2.
Old 04-01-2019
Unregistered

There are no structured try outs for DA, usually just ID sessions. Best thing would be to contact Montverde directly for info
Old 04-07-2019
Unregistered

Any word on id sessions? looks like the 05 and up are getting better progressively. would like to get my kid over here since the da at our club ends at u14. any info is appreciated
Old 04-07-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
Any word on id sessions? looks like the 05 and up are getting better progressively. would like to get my kid over here since the da at our club ends at u14. any info is appreciated
Good old Rush. What's the point if you have to go from DA back to their regular academy soccer. Opted out and went to ECNL last year when our son went u15. I know i mentioned 05s but remember the 04 are merging with the 03 next season and heard the current DA 04 are going to have to beat out 03s and their 03 ecnl boys looking to get back on.
Old 04-11-2019
Unregistered

Default Orlando City DA-Monteverde

Quote:
I don't know anything about that age group but I do know that the entire OC DA from the 05's and up are awful and always in last place. They discriminate against other kids and parents who are not part of the in crowd.
Old 04-11-2019
Unregistered

You just sound bitter and sad, I doubt you actually follow these teams, probably just didn't make it last year
Old 04-12-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
I don't know anything about that age group but I do know that the entire OC DA from the 05's and up are awful and always in last place. They discriminate against other kids and parents who are not part of the in crowd.
The current u18 team is in 1st place on their way to the playoffs and u16/17 are in 4th place on their way to the playoffs. Both out of a 14 team difficult southeast division. Both 04 and 05 teams will get much stronger next year with the influx of players coming in. Clearly, you have no idea about the garbage you are spewing.
Old 04-12-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
The current u18 team is in 1st place on their way to the playoffs and u16/17 are in 4th place on their way to the playoffs. Both out of a 14 team difficult southeast division. Both 04 and 05 teams will get much stronger next year with the influx of players coming in. Clearly, you have no idea about the garbage you are spewing.
OC has been saying this “next year they will come” crap for years. Monteverde is more of the same. Fact is the best players move on because this program is not a serious MLS academy. It is going to take years to reverse the damage done by the politics and incompetence of the dynamic duo and the club will need to step up and actually fund its academy and stop doing the absolute bare minimum. Program is a joke and one life support at Monteverde. There focus is now on trying to get more Ivory Coast 25 year olds cleared to play by FIFA and us soccer. Not developing local (or even American) players. Joke.
Old 04-12-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
OC has been saying this “next year they will come” crap for years. Monteverde is more of the same. Fact is the best players move on because this program is not a serious MLS academy. It is going to take years to reverse the damage done by the politics and incompetence of the dynamic duo and the club will need to step up and actually fund its academy and stop doing the absolute bare minimum. Program is a joke and one life support at Monteverde. There focus is now on trying to get more Ivory Coast 25 year olds cleared to play by FIFA and us soccer. Not developing local (or even American) players. Joke.
people let it go about the dynamic duo, they had good intentions and great vision, needed more support. either way you can't blame your kids lack of success on them. get over it.