Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 03-22-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Ummm, what the heck is this?
ECNL baby 👶
Old 03-25-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
ECNL baby 👶
Yeah ECNL baby. Because you will do a lot of crying on that 22 player roster. Good luck getting your 20 minutes. Keep looking at your watch
Old 03-25-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
Yeah ECNL baby. Because you will do a lot of crying on that 22 player roster. Good luck getting your 20 minutes. Keep looking at your watch
22? Try 24-26 on some teams / clubs...I hear the crying already
Old 03-25-2019
Unregistered

Default ECNL Starting soon

These clubs that put 20 plus players on a high level team are doing NOTHING for the team, the morale, the parents paying $$$, only stroking their ego's that they can take on how ever many they want. Where else to go. There are only 2 ECNL teams on LI. How is it helping kids who get 10 min a half "SHOWCASE" themselves at the u16 and u17 level to coaches? It does NOT ! coaches want to win so play the same old lineup. I know, I know, the kid needs to step up to be a starter, etc. That being said, the opportunity does not exist with the bottom half so why take so many? Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-25-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
These clubs that put 20 plus players on a high level team are doing NOTHING for the team, the morale, the parents paying $$$, only stroking their ego's that they can take on how ever many they want. Where else to go. There are only 2 ECNL teams on LI. How is it helping kids who get 10 min a half "SHOWCASE" themselves at the u16 and u17 level to coaches? It does NOT ! coaches want to win so play the same old lineup. I know, I know, the kid needs to step up to be a starter, etc. That being said, the opportunity does not exist with the bottom half so why take so many? Just my 2 cents.
Do you have any idea whet the DOC makes ? Thats why they take money from anyone who will pay. Then they tell a story about development, winning doesn't matter and anything else that will keep the checks rolling in. Scam
Old 03-25-2019
Unregistered

Default ECNL Starting soon

Developing? yeah right. by 16 and 17 there is not developing happening, just reinforcing and practicing. At this age they are showcasing so that bull crap line is ridiculous. And of course coaches care about winning. Teams are told "I want to win, so I 'll play my best 11 all game if I have too."
Glad this is OVER next year.
Old 03-25-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
Developing? yeah right. by 16 and 17 there is not developing happening, just reinforcing and practicing. At this age they are showcasing so that bull crap line is ridiculous. And of course coaches care about winning. Teams are told "I want to win, so I 'll play my best 11 all game if I have too."
Glad this is OVER next year.
I hear ya, and agree
Old 04-08-2019
Unregistered

So....what is going on with this NE ECNL regional league? WIll the tourny's be the same as the regular ecnl? Games the same time, right after each other, will there still be a NE NPL or that is what is being renamed? Wish I knew before taking my kid to a tryout to one of these clubs that currently have NE NPL. Hey clubs....put on your web page what your plan is for next year so we can make informed decisions? The first to do that will get my kid to come try out.
Old 04-08-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
So....what is going on with this NE ECNL regional league? WIll the tourny's be the same as the regular ecnl? Games the same time, right after each other, will there still be a NE NPL or that is what is being renamed? Wish I knew before taking my kid to a tryout to one of these clubs that currently have NE NPL. Hey clubs....put on your web page what your plan is for next year so we can make informed decisions? The first to do that will get my kid to come try out.
Call the club directly. Truth be told they may not even know themselves yet, but don't expect to find everything on a website. Some of these club owners aren't exactly Mark Cuban types
Old 04-22-2019
Unregistered

Default ECNL NE starting soon

Quote:
Call the club directly. Truth be told they may not even know themselves yet, but don't expect to find everything on a website. Some of these club owners aren't exactly Mark Cuban types
It's just a change of the letters