Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 04-21-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What do you think of Red bulls RDS training programs? Besides the training element, does it really expose a kid to potential academy tryout down the road?
The training is great. And if your kid is talented enough to be deserving, it will certainly lead to an academy tryout. But if your kid is not, then no. As has been mentioned, RDS seems to be politic-free, so "exposure" and them "knowing your kid" will only get your kid so far. The rest of it needs to be earned.
Old 04-21-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
The training is great. And if your kid is talented enough to be deserving, it will certainly lead to an academy tryout. But if your kid is not, then no. As has been mentioned, RDS seems to be politic-free, so "exposure" and them "knowing your kid" will only get your kid so far. The rest of it needs to be earned.
True. Don't go in expecting it to lead to anything. It is very good training so look at it as just that. If it leads to something more, bonus
Old 04-21-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
yes that is what we were thinking as he is still only 9. if we keep him in the city, what are the best options in and around Manhattan? does it even matter at this age?
Check out manhattan kickers or dusc
Old 04-22-2019
Unregistered

My kid played for rds regional team last year. The training, professionalism, and teammate caliber will be significantly higher than DUSC and somewhat higher than MSC. Depending on which part of Manhattan you live in, playing for their NJ team may be slightly better logistically, though they may be offering you only the LI option. Separately, NY STars Premier on Randalls Island may also be worth checking out if you are uptown.
Old 04-22-2019
Unregistered

Ya my son really enjoyed the tryouts and competition. I really wish we lived closer! Both the NJ locations and the LI location are really difficult for us traffic-wise.
Old 04-22-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
Ya my son really enjoyed the tryouts and competition. I really wish we lived closer! Both the NJ locations and the LI location are really difficult for us traffic-wise.
welcome to ny metro soccer -- get used to it.