Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Break rules to what end? Who benefits? If you believe in the GDA curriculum, why would you care? Who gets hurt by it other than potentially the kids themselves?
    Well, the club for one. And, if you ever tried to see the results of an experiment with a soiled sample, you'd understand USSoccer is as well.

Should you care? That's up to you to decide.

Comment

I will give you an example, Jabolonski for Fury, my daughter played against her 3 times in GDA, and she could no ****e against her, my daughter kicked her arse, and she is basically the best HS soccer player on Log Island.
      Its a team game. I can guarantee you that once BJ gets to Virginia, she will be playing with others who can make her and her team better. Who cares what she does in HS vs your kid?

Comment

Well, the club for one. And, if you ever tried to see the results of an experiment with a soiled sample, you'd understand USSoccer is as well.

Should you care? That's up to you to decide.
        the club? seriously the club? spare me. there is not a club in striking distance of my player that is not corrupt and soiled. please.

Comment

Which comment, about Jabs?? Pretty sure I know the player that parent was referring to, the one on NYCFC that Jabs could not dominate, unlike all the girls she plays against now, btw she is not going to see the field at UVA for 3 years, just sayin....
          People said the same about RJ.

Comment

the club? seriously the club? spare me. there is not a club in striking distance of my player that is not corrupt and soiled. please.
            Agreed. Parents need to just see thru the nonsense a do hat best for their kid and her goals. The rest is BS

Comment

dude - we have tax payer funded education - that is the system we have. The tax payers provide education including sports for the children in the boundaries of the district. what am i missing here?

(and if they do a good job - the value of the property in the district reflects that)
              So now sounds like you are the elitist. Not every school or school district is the same. That's why there is inequality in our public school system. Now you want to move that over to high level athletics? Ugh. There are public schools that barely are getting by, have horrendous teachers, and fail their students. Now you want to give them more responsibility?

Have you seen the coaches in schools? They are gym teachers at best and math teachers at worst. No thanks.

I'll live with the travel as it affords our family to spend time together. Thanks though.

Comment

Agreed. Parents need to just see thru the nonsense a do hat best for their kid and her goals. The rest is BS
                True, but if someone does what is best for their kid and her goals, and that doesn't include playing HS, most of your panties get all knotted up...

Comment

True, but if someone does what is best for their kid and her goals, and that doesn't include playing HS, most of your panties get all knotted up...
                  Yes. Not playing HS may be the right call for a kid. Seems that others have a problem with that at times. Probably because it reduces their kids chances of winning something. Usually you can trace the root cause of these things back to jealousy or selfishness.

Comment

Yes. Not playing HS may be the right call for a kid. Seems that others have a problem with that at times. Probably because it reduces their kids chances of winning something. Usually you can trace the root cause of these things back to jealousy or selfishness.
                    That is bleak. dont play HS - that is fine. for many players it is HS or nothing.

I think it would actually reduce the shine on the big fish in the little country club pond if they go out in the big ocean.

Comment

That is bleak. dont play HS - that is fine. for many players it is HS or nothing.

I think it would actually reduce the shine on the big fish in the little country club pond if they go out in the big ocean.
                      I get that, but most are not comfortable just playing. They then want to talk accolades and quality. There is no big ocean unless you are talking College. Even there, the gulf between the top say 10 and the rest is massive.

Any level of soccer should be fun for the player. If they choose to make difficult choices to improve, let them, even if those choices may be wrong with the benefit of hindsight.

Comment

I get that, but most are not comfortable just playing. They then want to talk accolades and quality. There is no big ocean unless you are talking College. Even there, the gulf between the top say 10 and the rest is massive.

Any level of soccer should be fun for the player. If they choose to make difficult choices to improve, let them, even if those choices may be wrong with the benefit of hindsight.
                        if you are referring to the gda or the ecnl, that is a choice for a very limited number of players and I not talking because of talent level. surely realize our so called best players are playing in a small pond.

Mine does it too, but I am not dumb enough not to realize that she only has to compete against the few in her fancy league and not the many. It is unfortunate and no really competitive player finds this situation satisfactory.

Comment

Which comment, about Jabs?? Pretty sure I know the player that parent was referring to, the one on NYCFC that Jabs could not dominate, unlike all the girls she plays against now, btw she is not going to see the field at UVA for 3 years, just sayin....
                          Glad you seem to know so much and what top D1 program is your daughter committed to?

Comment

Glad you seem to know so much and what top D1 program is your daughter committed to?
                            Stanford, and Duke, and she sometimes goes to MIT...

Comment

if you are referring to the gda or the ecnl, that is a choice for a very limited number of players and I not talking because of talent level. surely realize our so called best players are playing in a small pond.

Mine does it too, but I am not dumb enough not to realize that she only has to compete against the few in her fancy league and not the many. It is unfortunate and no really competitive player finds this situation satisfactory.
                              Small watered down ponds. The GWDSPA and ECWDSPL. The girl's watered down small pond academy and the elite clubs watered down small pond league

Comment

This simply isn't true. And no team or league has unlimited teams at any age group or unlimited roster spots so in reality the "many" will always be on the outside.

Your class argument is just false as my family is not wealthy, certainly not in any country club, and don't look at the ECNL or GDA as "fancy".

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X