Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 08-03-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There were two ISA's. You had the Intense Soccer Academy on the south shore, that SUSA bought. And you had the International Soccer Academy on the north short, that eventually SUSA also bought, lol.
SUSA is a robber baron
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-03-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
KK's plan was basically suck up all the good town kids in the geographic area by being the only game in town, and then have them play a ridiculous schedule which through sheer number of hours on the ball would have players improve.

Part of the training was excellent. But a good amount of their success was a directly related to them lifting all the quality players from Sachem, Lake Grove and the other nearby clubs.

They aren't the default go-to club anymore and with Dan gone, the already over-scheduled staff is collapsing upon itself.
To go one step further, Soccer is not a complicated game. Most kids, at least the ones that pay attention, pretty much know everything they need to know by they time they are 12. And there are no magic training secrets. High end teams are high end teams because they recruited naturally gifted athletes and motivated those athletes to put in the hours to hone their skills.

So when KK was destroying the world, it was because they had recruited naturally gifted athletes and had them practicing most of the week and playing multiple games every weekend to get those hours on the ball. It wasn't because their training is magical.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-03-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
To go one step further, Soccer is not a complicated game. Most kids, at least the ones that pay attention, pretty much know everything they need to know by they time they are 12. And there are no magic training secrets. High end teams are high end teams because they recruited naturally gifted athletes and motivated those athletes to put in the hours to hone their skills.

So when KK was destroying the world, it was because they had recruited naturally gifted athletes and had them practicing most of the week and playing multiple games every weekend to get those hours on the ball. It wasn't because their training is magical.
lol.. so your kid couldnt hang at KK. We get it. Bottom line is there is not a better trainer than KK. He may not be able to run a program properly, but if you dont think that KK and his staff have developed more younger talent than anyone, you are crazy.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-03-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
lol.. so your kid couldnt hang at KK. We get it. Bottom line is there is not a better trainer than KK. He may not be able to run a program properly, but if you dont think that KK and his staff have developed more younger talent than anyone, you are crazy.
You hit the nail on the head when you said "younger talent". Sure you can train kids at 8,9,10 to be fast and aggressive and pump up the kids who are natural athletes to be your stars, but then what? What happens when the other kids catch up? That's usually when KK dumps the teams on someone else, right around 13/14 when the other kids are running circles around KK kids when it comes to tactical and technical skill.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-03-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You hit the nail on the head when you said "younger talent". Sure you can train kids at 8,9,10 to be fast and aggressive and pump up the kids who are natural athletes to be your stars, but then what? What happens when the other kids catch up? That's usually when KK dumps the teams on someone else, right around 13/14 when the other kids are running circles around KK kids when it comes to tactical and technical skill.
uh no. You may see teams be better teams because they are focused on winning. KK kids hands down have more individual talent and development than other clubs. If you care about winning then yes you are correct, but if you care about development you are wrong. Set plays, blah blah blah.. its a shame because you are one who more than likely has their weekend determined by your childs win/loss outcome. Good luck!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-03-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
lol.. so your kid couldnt hang at KK. We get it. Bottom line is there is not a better trainer than KK. He may not be able to run a program properly, but if you dont think that KK and his staff have developed more younger talent than anyone, you are crazy.
You missed my point completely. I wasn't bashing KK. My point is that there is no such thing as "great" soccer training. There is good training and there is bad training. And for that matter some really awful training. There just isn't anything all that special about high end trainers.

Watch any pro game and 99.9% of the play is very straightforward fundamental moves executed with very high precision that only comes from hours on the ball.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-15-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

More and more teams leaving the ever so friendly KK. He should have watched and cared about the business.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-15-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
More and more teams leaving the ever so friendly KK. He should have watched and cared about the business.
All private these private acadamys are good with good trainors. theres no reason to bash one over the other. I think three years ago when KK was the one of the few in Central LI, they had a good thing going with little competition (SUSA was not like it is now three years ago). But now there is SUSA, Barca, Valencia ( and they are also planning for a training facility as well), Real Madrid is rumored to enter the NY Market in the next few years as well.

If you want to stay on top, you must constantly evolve, adapt, and innovate, if not, you will learn a painful lesson from someone who has.

Regardless, these are exciting times for LI soccer.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-15-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
More and more teams leaving the ever so friendly KK. He should have watched and cared about the business.
What teams will those be? Enlighten us
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-15-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What teams will those be? Enlighten us
My club could use some 04 players still. Let me know if KK's 04's break up.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.