Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    They dont have DA or ECNL. it means MGs team will go over for a game or two lol.

Seriously someone just started a thread like this 5min ago tho.... why
    Just wait until Eddie Rodriguez (Edsucko) takes the kids across the pond, just like he did with BlackWatch....

http://on-suicides-deaths.**********...-of-coach.html

Comment

The Rowdies coaches do train TBU players, many times during the season. DA trains with Rowdies staff several times at Al Lang. The Rowdies staff has been at ECNL training with several age groups over the course of this season. The Rowdies sent scouts around the Bay Area from August-September and invited around 25 players in older and younger age groups to train with the staff at Al Lang one night. Most of them were TBU players, but there was a mix from several clubs in both age group ranges.

4 TBU ECNL players spent the Rowdies pre-season training with the team and 3 of them played in pre-season matches, against both the MLS teams and college teams they played. Last week, 2 of those players made their 1st team debut in their US Open Cup match. I don't see any FL Celtic players making their 1st team debut in Glasgow, I doubt if anyone in Scotland even know there's an 'affiliation.' The closest any other club made to players actually getting a shot was when Steve Highway was at Chargers and flew a bunch of players over for trials at Liverpool.
      You TBU people go all in. I gotta give that to you. Y’all don’t just drink the Kool aid. You bathe in it. However acting as if the Rowdies are relevant is just silly. No one cares about the Rowdies. No one outside of the Tampa Bay area even knows who they are. Heck… Most people in the Tampa Bay area don’t even know where they are. The Rowdies are not even at the level of League 2 teams in England. So give it up. Just pay your sponsorship money like Liverpool and Celtic. I know it’s hard to accept ..... but you’re in the same level as them when it come to this. All of you are paying those “major” clubs to have their name and get nothing in return. End of story.

Comment

So they got a free vacation and the parents paid. They worked hard and the club is growing...they deserve a vacation.

Comment

Those two from FPFC are not good for the program. I am sure they will get a nice cut out of this(besides a free trip overseas) This is just another example of a non profit putting the parents money to work. Why not invest in the children who's parents are paying you instead of a merger with a club overseas. What a joke...
          ^spot on

Comment

You TBU people go all in. I gotta give that to you. Y’all don’t just drink the Kool aid. You bathe in it. However acting as if the Rowdies are relevant is just silly. No one cares about the Rowdies. No one outside of the Tampa Bay area even knows who they are. Heck… Most people in the Tampa Bay area don’t even know where they are. The Rowdies are not even at the level of League 2 teams in England. So give it up. Just pay your sponsorship money like Liverpool and Celtic. I know it’s hard to accept ..... but you’re in the same level as them when it come to this. All of you are paying those “major” clubs to have their name and get nothing in return. End of story.
            LOL the Rowdies owner doesn't even care about the rowdies, as soon as they lost the MLS bid he tried to toss that sh1t like expired mayo!

Comment

^spot on
              They will grow the club into a big-ass money pit! Its already starting to feel more like TBU with the circle-jerk politics.

Comment

LOL the Rowdies owner doesn't even care about the rowdies, as soon as they lost the MLS bid he tried to toss that sh1t like expired mayo!

Correct TBU does not need the Rowdies. The have almost a full boys DA. ECNL for both boys and girls. No other club within 200 miles can offer that, crap I don't think any club in FL has that. So getting a partnetship with any European team means ****! More money to milk the parents...

Comment

Well, I don't know where that attack came from. What team did you play for? It's funny how people talk down about any level of pro soccer. Even very few Premier League players start at the top club. Most grind out games learning the craft in League 1, Championship, or lower divisions before getting their shot. Something like 80+% of the MLS players started in USL.
                  If any of these TBU players think they're going to just move straight into the Rowdies, they're crazy. Certainly, the ones that were called into pre-season this year were surprised and were never given any indication that any ECNL or DA player would automatically have a shot at a trial just because they're TBU. If anything, the exposure just shows the players how hard it is to make it. Almost all players on the ECNL, DA, Elite teams are just trying to get college exposure (like players at any of the other clubs anywhere, except maybe some kids on MLS DA trying to make the first team).
                  I'm not sure the arrangement for Liverpool & Celtic, but way back when I was coaching at WP & they did the Everton thing, we really got nothing whatsoever out of it. And as soon as their connection with the Everton Academy left, WP ended the relationship. The whole thing came out to something like $9/player. What's the big deal.
                  We know what TBU fees were before Rowdies, and they're the same high rates after they became "TBU Rowdies." Really no difference.

Comment

Well, I don't know where that attack came from. What team did you play for? It's funny how people talk down about any level of pro soccer. Even very few Premier League players start at the top club. Most grind out games learning the craft in League 1, Championship, or lower divisions before getting their shot. Something like 80+% of the MLS players started in USL.
                    If any of these TBU players think they're going to just move straight into the Rowdies, they're crazy. Certainly, the ones that were called into pre-season this year were surprised and were never given any indication that any ECNL or DA player would automatically have a shot at a trial just because they're TBU. If anything, the exposure just shows the players how hard it is to make it. Almost all players on the ECNL, DA, Elite teams are just trying to get college exposure (like players at any of the other clubs anywhere, except maybe some kids on MLS DA trying to make the first team).
                    I'm not sure the arrangement for Liverpool & Celtic, but way back when I was coaching at WP & they did the Everton thing, we really got nothing whatsoever out of it. And as soon as their connection with the Everton Academy left, WP ended the relationship. The whole thing came out to something like $9/player. What's the big deal.
                    We know what TBU fees were before Rowdies, and they're the same high rates after they became "TBU Rowdies." Really no difference.
                    Not the OP here... but OP made fair points despite coming off as pretty anti-tbu.

1-TBU people REALLY REALLY drink the kool-aid.
                    2-Professional affiliations generally are BS in this country.

Comment

Not the OP here... but OP made fair points despite coming off as pretty anti-tbu.

I was the OP and this is spot on! The other poster just needs to read the entire thread and see what was said. TBU's affiliation with the Rowdies is no better than any other club's affiliation with a pro team. Simple as that.

Comment

Pro affiliations are BS in every country, unless you're in the club's academy. In that case, they're not 'affiliated' the're actually part of the club. And even then, they tell the players that they're only part of the academy. Rodgers even warned the Celtic academy players of this a couple years ago, saying that only players on the first team are Celtic players. The rest are just being developed by the club.
                        Anyway, FPFC's 'affiliation' with Feyenoord is kind of funny, since maybe 1 player in the whole club might know who Feyenoord are, or even what league they play in. I don't think there's anything wrong with it, but it's kind of like the old RSL... Why? What possibly could you get from RSL, a team that had barely any resources and played in one of the smallest markets in the league. What FL youth player would want to wear RSL gear if they don't even know about (or can even watch) the team play.
                        At least TBU has proven they can get some players training with the team they're affiliated. And if you remember, TBU didn't go seek an affiliation with any club out there, the Rowdies reached out to TBU to connect with the DA in their preparation for the MLS bid to show they're building youth soccer in the community. It's part of all MLS' direction for the clubs and one of the ways the DA got its start.

Comment

I agree that most European sponsored teams are not very beneficial to the majority of those playing in the club. The same can be said for those that are affiliated with the MLS or as mentioned the Rowdies, though because these clubs do have a stake in showcasing home grown players, you will find more with local MLS teams.

The main thing to look at when a team becomes affiliated with a larger professional club is do they have to change their identity. You mention Celtic and Liverpool, where they clubs before they became Celtic and Liverpool and if so, I would argue that they may have had a few strong teams, but not a strong club. Why as part of the partnership they changed their name. The same is true for MLS youth clubs. If you have a strong club the team you are partnering with will not want you to change your name as it is that brand identity that draws top talent to the club.

Some history on this topic and Feyenoord partnerships, they where partnered with St Louis Scott Gallagher one of the top clubs in the country and controls the majority of St Louis soccer, including owning the USL team in St Louis. They had a partnership from 2016 till 2018 where they became a partner with Roma. Just like the Chargers partnership with Roma they didn't have to change their name to Roma.

The same is true for nearly every professional partnership. You want to know how strong your club is prior to the partnership, see if they change their identity. Otherwise, the rest of the partnership is meaningless for the majority of everyone involved.

When you are looking at clubs, don't go for the affiliation or club, but look at the coach and if they play and if that is the level and commitment you are look for. Clubs will find the players they want and just like a job will not blink an eye to cut a player regardless of who they are, so do not feel the same loyalty to an organization that has little towards you.

Comment

I agree that most European sponsored teams are not very beneficial to the majority of those playing in the club. The same can be said for those that are affiliated with the MLS or as mentioned the Rowdies, though because these clubs do have a stake in showcasing home grown players, you will find more with local MLS teams.

The main thing to look at when a team becomes affiliated with a larger professional club is do they have to change their identity. You mention Celtic and Liverpool, where they clubs before they became Celtic and Liverpool and if so, I would argue that they may have had a few strong teams, but not a strong club. Why as part of the partnership they changed their name. The same is true for MLS youth clubs. If you have a strong club the team you are partnering with will not want you to change your name as it is that brand identity that draws top talent to the club.

Some history on this topic and Feyenoord partnerships, they where partnered with St Louis Scott Gallagher one of the top clubs in the country and controls the majority of St Louis soccer, including owning the USL team in St Louis. They had a partnership from 2016 till 2018 where they became a partner with Roma. Just like the Chargers partnership with Roma they didn't have to change their name to Roma.

The same is true for nearly every professional partnership. You want to know how strong your club is prior to the partnership, see if they change their identity. Otherwise, the rest of the partnership is meaningless for the majority of everyone involved.

When you are looking at clubs, don't go for the affiliation or club, but look at the coach and if they play and if that is the level and commitment you are look for. Clubs will find the players they want and just like a job will not blink an eye to cut a player regardless of who they are, so do not feel the same loyalty to an organization that has little towards you.
                            Does Roma have a girls program?

Comment

Does Roma have a girls program?
                              Come on CC girls program is such a easy target

Comment

I totally agree

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X