Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 05-20-2019
Unregistered

Default College ID Groups

I am new to the college recruitment aspect of this. My daughter gets these ad's about ID camps where 10 to 20 schools are listed. Are these good opportunities or just a moneymaker for someone?
Old 05-20-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am new to the college recruitment aspect of this. My daughter gets these ad's about ID camps where 10 to 20 schools are listed. Are these good opportunities or just a moneymaker for someone?
Having gone through this my advice is go to the camp for the school your child is interested in applying to. I found when there were too many coaches then there were too many kids and it got very difficult for them to see everyone. Good luck.
Old 05-20-2019
Unregistered

If you can afford it, it's one day and they're on the younger side it's not a bad way to get your feet wet and see where you fit. I agree it's generally best to do on campus events at specific schools, but these bigger events can help get the jitters out
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey! Do your research on these Showcase Events. Like anything, some are good, some are bad. You want to have something with a recruiting educational component for players/parents. We went to No. 1 Soccer Camp Showcase up in CT in November and while my son played, they took the parents into the classroom for a recruiting seminar. I wish they brought the kids in too, because they don't listen to us. But I digress.

With the money - they have to charge you per NCAA rules. Of course someone will make $ from this, who is giving up 4-6 hours of their day and not bring home some money.

Just my $.02