Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GDA vs. ECNL

From a deleted thread, which proves pro-USSF forces are censoring anything on TS critical of GDA:
    Originally posted by Unregistered
    I don't disagree with any of the above US Soccer conspiracy theories, but right or wrong their $$ will see to it that ECNL fails or becomes obscure, that's why many clubs offered DA accepted. They didn't want to be left behind.
    Time will tell. USSF has already chosen NOT to fully subsidize GDA in its first year. That would have been the most effective way to use their financial power to start killing off ECNL. I don't see another way to use their $$ to convince people to move away from ECNL and other programs that have proven track records and allow High School sports. Without a financial incentive to join GDA, there is no other sales pitch to get people to sign up. After the first year people will see through the chest-beating and empty cheerleading.

Editorial note: The above is a reasonable, civil opinion based on factual information. There are no violations of the TS terms of service. If the moderators choose to delete this thread please explain why.

GDA is the only top program available in South Florida at Boca and Weston. GDA will be the only choice in those markets. No worry about its competition or future success in S East FL.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      GDA is the only top program available in South Florida at Boca and Weston. GDA will be the only choice in those markets. No worry about its competition or future success in S East FL.
      Thank you, Weston mod. Care to explain why So. Fl elite players should choose GDA over some of the top clubs in the area? You seem to be ignoring one top club in particular.

Give me your argument based on facts and logic, not baseless declarations.

Or you can just deleted this thread, which would prove MY point.

Comment

From a deleted thread, which proves pro-USSF forces are censoring anything on TS critical of GDA:

Time will tell. USSF has already chosen NOT to fully subsidize GDA in its first year. That would have been the most effective way to use their financial power to start killing off ECNL. I don't see another way to use their $$ to convince people to move away from ECNL and other programs that have proven track records and allow High School sports. Without a financial incentive to join GDA, there is no other sales pitch to get people to sign up. After the first year people will see through the chest-beating and empty cheerleading.

Editorial note: The above is a reasonable, civil opinion based on factual information. There are no violations of the TS terms of service. If the moderators choose to delete this thread please explain why.
        This is an internet discussion forum, the owners and those who run it have every right to pick and choose to allow which content they want. If you don't like what they delete, you are free to start your own forum to discuss youth soccer...vbulletin, Xenforo, phpbb are just a few you can use to host it.

Instead of complaining, actually, do something to solve this apparent problem. You may also...not visit this site, it may seem like a small gesture and I highly doubt those that run this forum even make enough from the ad revenue to cover the hosting cost, but it would still show your displeasure. Although, not sure how much anyone can miss "random forum contributor who does not register".

Comment

following....however my guess is that very often what starts as a discussion about a broader topic (like this one ecnl vs gda) often turns club specific. Obviously that, for whatever reason, is where the moderators lose their minds. Many posters come here for lots of entertainment and the occasional bits of useful information. If censorship continues traffic is going to suffer and so will the site owner's bottom line.

Comment

ECNL is and always will be a league where players that don't make GDA will play.
            If they remove ECNL, some other B-league will be a filler

Comment

following....however my guess is that very often what starts as a discussion about a broader topic (like this one ecnl vs gda) often turns club specific. Obviously that, for whatever reason, is where the moderators lose their minds. Many posters come here for lots of entertainment and the occasional bits of useful information. If censorship continues traffic is going to suffer and so will the site owner's bottom line.
              People like to read and post about what relates to them or their club. Nothing interests anymore and check TS much less. It is a sign of the times for TS, and views and posts are down.

Comment

This is an internet discussion forum, the owners and those who run it have every right to pick and choose to allow which content they want. If you don't like what they delete, you are free to start your own forum to discuss youth soccer...vbulletin, Xenforo, phpbb are just a few you can use to host it.
                I agree with the right of the owners to pick and choose. I am only making the reasonable request that you explain your criteria for what stays and what goes. Your answer will dictate whether I continue to come here or go somewhere else.

I may indeed start my own forum. If I do so, I will clearly both explain and enforce the terms of service. And require registration. I don't understand, given the renewed vigilance on this site, why TS continues to allow unregistered posters.

If anything in my post violates the TS terms of service, please explain before deleting the thread.

Comment

If I were running this site, my rules would be simple:
                  - Registration would be required
                  - No youth shall be referenced by name
                  - No unsubstantiated accusations of criminal behavior permitted
                  - No off-topic discussion allowed (i.e. only soccer-related, no politics etc.)
                  - No profanity or inappropriate sexual references

Posts or threads would not be removed based solely on the personal beliefs of the owners or moderators. Individual posts violating these rules would be removed. The rest of the thread would remain. The mods would retain the right to ban by username or IP address if these terms are repeatedly violated.

If TS were to adopt these rules your viewership might start to creep back up. No charge.

Comment

Not just that, but the club(s) the mod protects suffers as well. It gives the image that the criticism or opinions must be correct..or why else censor? That actually makes said club(s) look worse.

Comment

If I were running this site, my rules would be simple:
                      - Registration would be required
                      - No youth shall be referenced by name
                      - No unsubstantiated accusations of criminal behavior permitted
                      - No off-topic discussion allowed (i.e. only soccer-related, no politics etc.)
                      - No profanity or inappropriate sexual references

Posts or threads would not be removed based solely on the personal beliefs of the owners or moderators. Individual posts violating these rules would be removed. The rest of the thread would remain. The mods would retain the right to ban by username or IP address if these terms are repeatedly violated.

If TS were to adopt these rules your viewership might start to creep back up. No charge.
                      Registration won't work-they tried it with another state board and it tanked. Your proposals also require constant monitoring, yet clearly whoever moderates only comes in now and then. Totally agree with your other points - it's frustrating when a good thread starts then one or two posts go off the rails and the entire thread disappears. Naming kids or making accusations is disgusting behavior.

Comment

Not just that, but the club(s) the mod protects suffers as well. It gives the image that the criticism or opinions must be correct..or why else censor? That actually makes said club(s) look worse.
                        I disagree. When a naïve visitor to the forum visits for the first time (moved into Florida and looking for a club for example), and 4 of the top 5 threads are bashing one club in particular (WFF), it doesn't bode well for the club subject to the negativity (whether legit or not). That is why supporters of competing clubs continually do this, to try to portray a rival club in a negative light and therefore harm the club financially. Anyone who frequents this site knows this, it is the same clubs over and over that are bashed, probably by a handful of hateful people. That is not what this forum is about (based on the owners deletion of these threads which they have every right to do).

I guess if one's feelings are that strong, they could start an entire new site dedicated to bashing one particular club, as long as they are prepared for a legal mess if any of the assertions are not valid.

Comment

I disagree. When a naïve visitor to the forum visits for the first time (moved into Florida and looking for a club for example), and 4 of the top 5 threads are bashing one club in particular (WFF), it doesn't bode well for the club subject to the negativity (whether legit or not). That is why supporters of competing clubs continually do this, to try to portray a rival club in a negative light and therefore harm the club financially. Anyone who frequents this site knows this, it is the same clubs over and over that are bashed, probably by a handful of hateful people. That is not what this forum is about (based on the owners deletion of these threads which they have every right to do).

I guess if one's feelings are that strong, they could start an entire new site dedicated to bashing one particular club, as long as they are prepared for a legal mess if any of the assertions are not valid.
                          In the case of WFF, those threads were extremely accurate & spot on.

Comment

In the case of WFF, those threads were extremely accurate & spot on.
                            And by naming a specific club, you've now killed this thread.

Comment

And by naming a specific club, you've now killed this thread.
                              Boo hoo..such a tragedy.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X