Boys 05

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else have any current TA training cones, I mean bench players, come begging for spots on their rosters to mainly get game minutes at the expense of kids who have put in the time all year? We have had several out t eastside practices this week. Maybe it's because of the alliance or that we are folding the DA program next year or who knows. Why would any existing club fall for being someone's clean up crew and five minutes to someone who obviously spurned their local club (which obviously was a better fit) just so little johnny could be number 15-21 and say their son plays for TA. I hope our coach does not fall for it....

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Anyone else have any current TA training cones, I mean bench players, come begging for spots on their rosters to mainly get game minutes at the expense of kids who have put in the time all year? We have had several out t eastside practices this week. Maybe it's because of the alliance or that we are folding the DA program next year or who knows. Why would any existing club fall for being someone's clean up crew and five minutes to someone who obviously spurned their local club (which obviously was a better fit) just so little johnny could be number 15-21 and say their son plays for TA. I hope our coach does not fall for it....
      TA to Eastside? Well that would be a major fall down the talent ladder. One extreme to the next. We haven't had any at our practices.

Comment

Given a fair bit of them hopped around the Washington County clubs, sneaking onto Eastside might be an easier pill to swallow than returning to their old clubs.

As Billy Joel sang, Brenda and Eddie went back to the Village but you can never go back there again...

Comment

How many have been out to practices?

Comment

How many have been out to practices?
            Any who live on the west side of town?

Comment

We heard about one going to take a look. Were there others?

Comment

Little TA coach is sending benchwarmers to Eastside DA for game minutes? What a douche. So much for “development”.

Comment

Not a fan of the Timbers, but should kids on bench be finding minutes elsewhere? Eastside could certainly use some help - seems like a win, a win for player and Eastside (and arguably their opponents will have a higher quality game).

I do appreciate plenty of what the TA did at this age seems shady, but kids searching for minutes and adults finding them for them doesn't seem to be a bad thing.

Comment

Little TA coach is sending benchwarmers to Eastside DA for game minutes? What a douche. So much for “development”.
                    I got the impression that we are talking about kids who have quit TA looking for a club to play in for the last month of the season, not about players being sent/loaned to Eastside for playing time.

Comment

Not a fan of the Timbers, but should kids on bench be finding minutes elsewhere? Eastside could certainly use some help - seems like a win, a win for player and Eastside (and arguably their opponents will have a higher quality game).

I do appreciate plenty of what the TA did at this age seems shady, but kids searching for minutes and adults finding them for them doesn't seem to be a bad thing.
                      TA coach should be finding a 12 year old boy minutes in his own team, not sending him out to the Gresham to get minutes with a team and coach he doesn’t even know. Sounds like winning has become everything over there.

Comment

If these kids are committing to the program going forward it might make sense but my understanding is they will still be training with TA and keeping their proverbial foot in The door and just would be stealing game minutes because they are not really good enough to be in that environment. And It is a "bad thing" for the eastside kids who will lose minutes that they need and have earned by both paying their dues and attending practice all year long. Many of the training cones are not much better if at all than existing players, they just knew the right people or mommy and daddy paid the way....

Comment

If these kids are committing to the program going forward it might make sense but my understanding is they will still be training with TA and keeping their proverbial foot in The door and just would be stealing game minutes because they are not really good enough to be in that environment. And It is a "bad thing" for the eastside kids who will lose minutes that they need and have earned by both paying their dues and attending practice all year long. Many of the training cones are not much better if at all than existing players, they just knew the right people or mommy and daddy paid the way....
                          No integrity.

Comment

A lot depends on the state of Eastside's roster.

Earlier in the year they were having trouble forming a team; a few weeks ago they only could field 9 players in a match. If they have openings, having TA kids show up might not be a bad thing.

Were existing ET players being cut or held out of games for TA players, that would be problematic.

Comment

Earlier in the year they were having trouble forming a team; a few weeks ago they only could field 9 players in a match. If they have openings, having TA kids show up might not be a bad thing.

Were existing ET players being cut or held out of games for TA players, that would be problematic.
                              True and it’s not for every game. Next weekend they are shipping those kids at the bottom of the pack to play Snohomish. They will get lots of game minutes there. None of those kids will see minutes this weekend.

Comment

Or you could try and think about it from the perspective of some of the better kids on Eastside. Is it fair to tell them they can't play with better players because these other bad players have put in more work?

DA is not supposed to be a typical club soccer experience.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X