Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not dirty? Saw at least five dirty plays. Mostly playing the girl and not the ball

That's a poor infomercial
    Not dirty at all a couple of hard challenges but in no way dirty.

Comment

St Joes bitches every time a kid falls down. While not in this clip, they flop more than any other team in the FCIAC and JN and the parents go crazy for it.

Comment

St Joes bitches every time a kid falls down. While not in this clip, they flop more than any other team in the FCIAC and JN and the parents go crazy for it.
        monday morning hater alert
        no facts no context no proof, just bitchin

Comment

They definitely do and no complaints when they are unloading on the competition..... Quite funny the double standard that their fans and parents expect from the refs

Comment

They definitely do and no complaints when they are unloading on the competition..... Quite funny the double standard that their fans and parents expect from the refs
            a little News Flash for you
            every team is quiet for their kids and scream bloody murder when one of their own goes down

Comment

a little News Flash for you
              every team is quiet for their kids and scream bloody murder when one of their own goes down
              some scream louder than others

Comment

Some coaches clap louder than others.

Comment

very true- but they all scream
                  some just care more than others

Comment

Some coaches clap louder than others.
                    some just havent developed that skill. arrested development is no laughing matter. its a bit cruel for you to call out the coaches who cant master a skill

Comment

Bahh haa that's hilarious

The fact that they are highlighting them in an informercial whether "hard challenges" or dirty play is very suspect. It's bush league. If I recall correctly they did something similar last year.

I wouldn't want a program known for that. I would rather see game action (celebrations, passing, scoring, assists, tackles) Would they send those "hard challenges" as a recruiting video to a college. I think we all know the answer is no.

Comment

The fact that they are highlighting them in an informercial whether "hard challenges" or dirty play is very suspect. It's bush league. If I recall correctly they did something similar last year.

I wouldn't want a program known for that. I would rather see game action (celebrations, passing, scoring, assists, tackles) Would they send those "hard challenges" as a recruiting video to a college. I think we all know the answer is no.
                        Nothing sinister here. They've been highlighting the Darien defense for 3 or more years now. Why? It is what's good about their team.

As for the "crunches" only video: You've got a local sportswriter filming from field level. He doesn't even try and film from the stands or another vantage point that would let him catch more of the action. So when he's back at the computer editing his film together, the things that look exciting are the collisions. Everything else from field level looks like a pre-game passing drill.

Only a foolish coach would try and be more physical than Darien. Their starting 11 look like the UCONN womens basketball team by comparison to every other team in the FCIAC.

Comment

Have you ever seen a college game? Those "hard challenges" can earn them a full ride.

Comment

Have you ever seen a college game? Those "hard challenges" can earn them a full ride.
                            Agreed that college ball is physical. No college Coach is giving a free ride to a women who tackles the player and not the ball on a consistent basis. That's an issue for coachs job security

Comment

There's some scary looking soccer in this video. Can't believe that this is a positive advert for girls fciac soccer
                              Why would anyone who knows soccer post this video in this article and think it would help the players? The refs should be embarrassed to have let this game be played like this. Dangerous is an understatement.

https://www.darientimes.com/91933/vi...ll-of-the-nil/

Comment

I watched the two Darien videos, and while I agree that the team is overly physical, the biggest takeaway I got is that the team has great chemistry. I think this is why Darien has done so well this year. The girls seem to genuinely like their teammates, and they want to succeed as a group rather than a bunch of individuals seeking their own accolades at the expense of the team.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X