Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 4 > Oregon

Notices

Oregon Discussions about Oregon soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #4901  
Old 1 Day Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Enjoy your 15 min Wash Timbers. Crossfire is coming for you.
Notice who is missing from this evening's turd fight?
Reply With Quote
  #4902  
Old 1 Day Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You mean the foul in the first half when "ROFLMAO" pushed' and then tomahawk chopped one defender, before punching the goalie. Oh, and then when the goalie offered ROFLMAO a hand up, ROFLMAO shoved the keeper's hand away. That kid is the only bad thing about FC. The rest of the kids looked and played really well. Love their mid, and glad to see him back playing with the 05's. Their 1st half keeper is top notch as well. The brute fouled 9 out of 11 starters and was never called for it. Shaking my head.
It's funny how many people complain about how one player is doing all of these unspeakable things during the soccer game, but yet they seem to get missed by almost ALL referees. My son played with him and I only recall him getting two TOTAL yellow cards out of all the games we played (summer tourneys, fall league, NW Champions league, futsal, Desert Classic, spring league & State Cup)! According to game reports from this year, he does not have any either. Are all referees blind?
Are conspiring to make calls in his favor?
I think the answer is that most of these plays are leagal and you parents that are complaining just don't realize how physical the sport is!

As for the first half goalkeeper, well from what I was told by a friend at the game, was that he did the same thing that he did the 1st time FC played Crossfire... tried to get a little too cute with footwork instead of clearing the ball away and the Crossfire forward did a good job of pressuring him and taking it right off his feet for a goal. Can you say OVERRATED!
Reply With Quote
  #4903  
Old 1 Day Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Very refreshing....

Vantucky 6. - CFC Timbers 1
Was this a prediction?
Final score was WashT 2, CFC 1
Reply With Quote
  #4904  
Old 22 Hours Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Was this a prediction?
Final score was WashT 2, CFC 1
A.L. played down with the 05's- CFC is a completely different team when he plays with them. My only question is did he keep himself in check or did the antics and dirty play come out?
Reply With Quote
  #4905  
Old 22 Hours Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It's funny how many people complain about how one player is doing all of these unspeakable things during the soccer game, but yet they seem to get missed by almost ALL referees. My son played with him and I only recall him getting two TOTAL yellow cards out of all the games we played (summer tourneys, fall league, NW Champions league, futsal, Desert Classic, spring league & State Cup)! According to game reports from this year, he does not have any either. Are all referees blind?
Are conspiring to make calls in his favor?
I think the answer is that most of these plays are leagal and you parents that are complaining just don't realize how physical the sport is!

As for the first half goalkeeper, well from what I was told by a friend at the game, was that he did the same thing that he did the 1st time FC played Crossfire... tried to get a little too cute with footwork instead of clearing the ball away and the Crossfire forward did a good job of pressuring him and taking it right off his feet for a goal. Can you say OVERRATED!
I was at the game and can speak to the fwd for FC. My son has played against him a lot. Has never really had anything bad to say about him either. Like the poster said, the sport is more physical than I think a lot of parents are willing to acknowledge. And, in most cases the players will play to the level the ref will let them get away with. When it comes to the FC fwd, he is kind of like Zalatan Ibrahimovic. He is bigger and physical, and when frustrated he will throw elbows, or target an individual. I watched him do this yesterday as I have watched him do this for the past year and a half. Watch and listen to his Dad and you will understand why.

As to the goal, it started with the defebder first. The fwd is unbelievably quick and extremely fast. Watch the video and you will understand. The keeper was not being cute, as you phrased it "FC Grandpa."
Reply With Quote
  #4906  
Old 20 Hours Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I was at the game and can speak to the fwd for FC. My son has played against him a lot. Has never really had anything bad to say about him either. Like the poster said, the sport is more physical than I think a lot of parents are willing to acknowledge. And, in most cases the players will play to the level the ref will let them get away with. When it comes to the FC fwd, he is kind of like Zalatan Ibrahimovic. He is bigger and physical, and when frustrated he will throw elbows, or target an individual. I watched him do this yesterday as I have watched him do this for the past year and a half. Watch and listen to his Dad and you will understand why.

As to the goal, it started with the defebder first. The fwd is unbelievably quick and extremely fast. Watch the video and you will understand. The keeper was not being cute, as you phrased it "FC Grandpa."
Have no problem with physical aggressive play if it's within the boundaries of the rules. What I have a problem with is the way in which the official behaved and operated within the game- to both teams. He was inconsistent, rude and talked to the boys in a manner that is not acceptable. He allowed the game to get out of hand and then made a call that changed the game. He made himself a huge part of the game for the 06's as well and a good official never does that. The sad part in all of this is it was well played by both teams bye the way and deserved to end in a draw for both. I can't wait for the video to be posted so all can see the yellow/pk in question so you can make up you own decision since parents of the teams in question have an obvious bias one way or the other. Also, others take head- FC is a different team when they have all their 05's playing on age, TE made a huge difference playing holding mid for them and #17 who was not there last time we played added even more size and speed on the outside.
Reply With Quote
  #4907  
Old 11 Hours Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Have no problem with physical aggressive play if it's within the boundaries of the rules. What I have a problem with is the way in which the official behaved and operated within the game- to both teams. He was inconsistent, rude and talked to the boys in a manner that is not acceptable. He allowed the game to get out of hand and then made a call that changed the game. He made himself a huge part of the game for the 06's as well and a good official never does that. The sad part in all of this is it was well played by both teams bye the way and deserved to end in a draw for both. I can't wait for the video to be posted so all can see the yellow/pk in question so you can make up you own decision since parents of the teams in question have an obvious bias one way or the other. Also, others take head- FC is a different team when they have all their 05's playing on age, TE made a huge difference playing holding mid for them and #17 who was not there last time we played added even more size and speed on the outside.
TE? Tight End? Wrong sport brother!
Reply With Quote
  #4908  
Old 10 Hours Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
TE? Tight End? Wrong sport brother!
Lol...nice. Those happen to be the initials of their best player. He is also a great kid.
Reply With Quote
  #4909  
Old 10 Hours Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Lol...nice. Those happen to be the initials of their best player. He is also a great kid.
Is it true that he is very good with a major attitude towards his teammates? In other words, he knows how good he is and it comes out verbally. This is a real question. That is the word....

And why isn't he playing TA? Obviously he could.
Reply With Quote
  #4910  
Old 10 Hours Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

How in the holy name of Pele did the F-bombs manage to lose to FC's B team?

Losing to Bend, I can understand. But unless half the team was sick, that's embarrassing....
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.