Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hall participation trophies

I'm talking captains here - 4 captains for one HS team???

This bothers you how?

Comment

Nuts. What they lack in coaching they try to make up for in Captains.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        1) why do you care if it isn't your team?
        2) I've seen more, I've seen less
        3) what matters more is WHO is selected not how many

Comment

everyone's a captain. Trophies for all. It's too cold to play soccer, boo hoo.

Comment

1) why do you care if it isn't your team?
            2) I've seen more, I've seen less
            3) what matters more is WHO is selected not how many
            Oh stop. Where exactly have you seen more? It’s a joke. Just a way to have moms send emails over summer to organize the summer league and the banquet in Fall, raise money for Coach’s pet charity, and make sure people are hosting team dinners, buying coach gifts, and working concessions. Call it what it is...the soccer mom captain planning committee.

Comment

Oh stop. Where exactly have you seen more? It’s a joke. Just a way to have moms send emails over summer to organize the summer league and the banquet in Fall, raise money for Coach’s pet charity, and make sure people are hosting team dinners, buying coach gifts, and working concessions. Call it what it is...the soccer mom captain planning committee.
              It's very odd

Comment

We actually have four as well... heres why- One kid was acting as the leader but players had zero respect for him. Kid couldn't play well, although he thinks he can, and his leadership skills were quite lacking in the players eye but not the coaches... Oh, and this players family are good friends with the coach... soooo, the team voted for captains and three were elected with this one kid not getting any votes. Coach felt bad for him so the coach made him the captain as well. Small town politics...this same kid has played like half the season, scored one goal and I will guarantee he will get all conference. Welcome to High School soccer at its finest!

Comment

I see the Glastonbury parents now have nothing better to do since they got bounced out of the tournament early.

How about you go cheer for your girls team. They have more intestinal fortitude.

Comment

I see the Glastonbury parents now have nothing better to do since they got bounced out of the tournament early.

How about you go cheer for your girls team. They have more intestinal fortitude.
                    Not a gbury parent but whatever let's you hall fruits sleep at night.

-Original thread starter

Comment

We once had five. It was fine, good group kids and it was a very successful year too. Not all were seniors either but actual leaders. Prior years and this year we've had one truly awful one and it's added a ton of unnecessary drama.

Comment

It started a couple of years ago when one of the Junior parent's told the coach he would pull his kid and send her to Loomis (who was recruiting her badly) if she was not made a Captain as a Junior. Coach relented and we ended up with 4. Now, it's a chronic problem with noisy Junior moms and dads. The kid that started it all did go on the play D1 so she got what she needed out of the deal.

Comment

It started a couple of years ago when one of the Junior parent's told the coach he would pull his kid and send her to Loomis (who was recruiting her badly) if she was not made a Captain as a Junior. Coach relented and we ended up with 4. Now, it's a chronic problem with noisy Junior moms and dads. The kid that started it all did go on the play D1 so she got what she needed out of the deal.
                          Her recruitment had nothing to do with captaincy. Coaches don't give a s**t about that, but it does help with admissions officers.

Comment

I'm sorry your kid wasn't chosen as one.

Comment

I'm sorry your kid wasn't chosen as one.
                              my kid isn't in high school but thanks for playing anyway LouZah.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X