Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    As a 2006 parent in a different club that has played both teams I would def like to see CFC ecnl play ct rush elite 2006. Probably won’t happen because rush would likely win handily. CFC won’t take that chance.
    I would say it’s the same at a few age groups like 03s and 07s rush elite would win.

Comment

I would say it’s the same at a few age groups like 03s and 07s rush elite would win.
      We are all shaking in our boots...scary thought for all of us at CFC. Probably more accurate your coach won’t set up game because they don’t want to have your top player or two poached. Yankee 06 and CFC ECNL 06 were scheduled to play last weekend, but was called off b/c of freezing rain. Yankee and CFC not afraid to play, where is Rush? CFC ECNL 06 now plays 14 regular season games, Jeff Cup, ECNL Houston, ECNL Phoenix and CFC Showcase in June so probably missed your chance. Serious question, where do girls at CT Rush who want to play in college commit? Have never seen a college commit list

Comment

We are all shaking in our boots...scary thought for all of us at CFC. Probably more accurate your coach won’t set up game because they don’t want to have your top player or two poached. Yankee 06 and CFC ECNL 06 were scheduled to play last weekend, but was called off b/c of freezing rain. Yankee and CFC not afraid to play, where is Rush? CFC ECNL 06 now plays 14 regular season games, Jeff Cup, ECNL Houston, ECNL Phoenix and CFC Showcase in June so probably missed your chance. Serious question, where do girls at CT Rush who want to play in college commit? Have never seen a college commit list
        you college people are touched. The club is 5 year sold. Kids are still developing. Why go to some place where you are a number. these kids are 13. Yeah because hauling your arse all over the country, staying in hotels, losing weekends, paying full freight is awesome for a 7th grader. Just don't understand how people get fired up about getting their kid to college as a 7th grader. The percentages are small that your kid gets money to go d1. That's the fact. So why not play to develop, play to love the game and like their teammates.

If the kids go, they go, but then it's a cattle call. I think most parents are getting smarter to this and are more patient with process. Why doesn't everyone worry about their own kid

Parent of a rush 06, not on regional 06 team

Comment

Uh huh, sure.

Good luck with recruiting Rush dad. Rush 03s are about their only decent team, but their coach left for another club. Where are the Rush 03s committed so far?

Comment

you college people are touched. The club is 5 year sold. Kids are still developing. Why go to some place where you are a number. these kids are 13. Yeah because hauling your arse all over the country, staying in hotels, losing weekends, paying full freight is awesome for a 7th grader. Just don't understand how people get fired up about getting their kid to college as a 7th grader. The percentages are small that your kid gets money to go d1. That's the fact. So why not play to develop, play to love the game and like their teammates.

If the kids go, they go, but then it's a cattle call. I think most parents are getting smarter to this and are more patient with process. Why doesn't everyone worry about their own kid

Parent of a rush 06, not on regional 06 team
            Same can be said of the Rush cheerleaders. The majority of players are solid, but few can crack the rosters of the top teams. By HS nearly all of the better players have left for those teams. ECNL and DA have better competition and college exposure. It's just a fact. I'm not saying all of those teams or players are top notch, but they're playing at a more intense level than EDP. That is why coaches look at them first. They're also more likely to have success once in college, and in the end that is what matters. Some players can win bench warmer/practice cone status and won't be on a roster by junior year.

- have had kids in both

Comment

The play in the Edp national league
              USYS had to launch national EDP league to compete with ECNL and DA.

As you know, ECNL and DA are closed leagues, so CT Rush found EDP as a solid alternative. EDP is growing and becoming more competitive......so in the end, we have 3 youth national leagues, all with their claim of prominence and all unwilling to play one another. As a result there will be plenty of travel and dollars required for the parents to fund. Makes sense, doesn't it?

In the meantime, parents (who need to justify the tons of money they are spending) need to pump out their chests proclaiming their league is the best. Just check out the DA vs ECNL discussions as example.

Comment

^ kind of. the Top two EDP brackets are good, especially the top one. But after that it's barely above travel level. All one needs to do is compare the lists of college coaches going to an DP showcase vs ECNL or GDA. It's night and day. Yes you can get recruited in EDP or NPL, but by and large it will be mostly lower level programs. Yes of course there's a few exceptions here and there, but they're outliers. Plenty of players in the top EDP brackets never even get recruited, where as with ECNL or GDA most times the entire roster has a home and the level of play much higher.

Comment

Rush 06 beat FSA ecnl 4-1
                  Rush 07 beat CFC ecnl 2-1 with their branch team. Their elite team would like best them by more.

Maybe CFC 06s are scared.

Comment

Rush 07 beat CFC ecnl 2-1 with their branch team. Their elite team would like best them by more.

How are thise ecnl II teams doing? Money grab much? Cfc needs to keep up the charade to keep lights on. Aside from 3 to 4 players on 03 and 02 teams no one is going pro. Lol. Enjoy it and cfc should shut it.

Comment

CFC ECNL teams don’t unite until u14 buddy, so that’s branch vs branch team.....

Comment

How are thise ecnl II teams doing? Money grab much? Cfc needs to keep up the charade to keep lights on. Aside from 3 to 4 players on 03 and 02 teams no one is going pro. Lol. Enjoy it and cfc should shut it.
                        Going pro? What are you talking about??

Comment

Going pro? What are you talking about??
                          There are no female players in the state right now of HS age that have a shot at going pro, and few would want to regardless. College is the goal; a few in the state will reach higher level D1. That's it. Small state, only so much talent

Comment

There are no female players in the state right now of HS age that have a shot at going pro, and few would want to regardless. College is the goal; a few in the state will reach higher level D1. That's it. Small state, only so much talent
                            This is correct

Comment

you people have to calm down. I'm pretty positive 'going pro' was the poster throwing out the insanity of people at CFC clamoring about all things ridiculous for 12 year old kids. No one cares about going pro... and 95% of the kids at CFC won't get money to play. Just like the talk of NT at OW... it's all for naught. Be happy when your kids love the game enough to work on it when no one is looking and love it enough to keep playing.

I have seen this Rush team play. And it's pretty good. I have seen most 05, 06, 07 teams play in state and except for a small number of exceptional kids I'm not sure how parents start these conversations about D1.

I have always found that the best kids in the end are the small technical kids that are late bloomers. Most of the time at 12/13 I see clubs lumping balls into the big, fast kids. That isn't development.

How about we all take a chill on 'poaching, 'chest pounding', and table talk and concentrate on what works for your household. There's a woman in town who has moved her kid to three clubs in three years (kid's 13) and the kid still plays in town and she isn't great no matter what Mom does and says. If the kid just worked with the ball, she would have a chance. Mom has her at xfit and personal training... how about ball work?

Ready set go - go tear into my commentary

Comment

you people have to calm down. I'm pretty positive 'going pro' was the poster throwing out the insanity of people at CFC clamoring about all things ridiculous for 12 year old kids. No one cares about going pro... and 95% of the kids at CFC won't get money to play. Just like the talk of NT at OW... it's all for naught. Be happy when your kids love the game enough to work on it when no one is looking and love it enough to keep playing.

I have seen this Rush team play. And it's pretty good. I have seen most 05, 06, 07 teams play in state and except for a small number of exceptional kids I'm not sure how parents start these conversations about D1.

I have always found that the best kids in the end are the small technical kids that are late bloomers. Most of the time at 12/13 I see clubs lumping balls into the big, fast kids. That isn't development.

How about we all take a chill on 'poaching, 'chest pounding', and table talk and concentrate on what works for your household. There's a woman in town who has moved her kid to three clubs in three years (kid's 13) and the kid still plays in town and she isn't great no matter what Mom does and says. If the kid just worked with the ball, she would have a chance. Mom has her at xfit and personal training... how about ball work?

Ready set go - go tear into my commentary
                                Got no problem with it. Parents are cra cra

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X