Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uconn rr out!

Title self explanatory: UCONN men’s soccer loses 4-1 to a strong Georgetown team. Now, the Huskies are 2-3 at the moment for this season. Yes, one could say that the season has just started and the team still needs time to develop. However, with how the future in the men’s program is holding up in their league, it’s time for RR to pack up and resign at the end of season. His old/strange tactics and style in training is not as it used to be a decade ago. Yes he’s been doing a lot for the program such as putting his money for the stadium however, these past years are no excuse for the very flawed performances.

Many star players have also left the men’s soccer program the past 3-5 years due to how RR treats them and bringing in international players. In other words, a very high percentage of international players or those transferring from a D1 school will most likely start over those who has been loyal to the program. If you don’t believe in that logic, then ask the players themselves(in the program or those that left), look at the stats for the past years, or go watch their games.

Lastly, RR is a perfect example of the stereotypes of soccer in the US where we have a 33 men roster and mainly puts the same 13-15 people who always plays despite having bad performances. Why doesn’t he give other players a shot? I’m sure there’s players out there that will perform better than yesterday’s dump show. There’s no tactic, no vision, and more importantly no real connection with coach and player.

Recruits anxious to play in college often overlook the likelihood of playing. That or they buy the snake oil the coach is selling them. RR has a history of huge rosters and never playing most of them + a high churn rate. I feel for the kids but they and their families should have done their due diligence. Always dig into current and past rosters of schools you're serious about. Dont' commit to a program that has 30+ rosters. And know that almost every coach will tell you "You're my top recruit." Be realistic with fit to help improve the odds of a successful college career.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Title self explanatory: UCONN men’s soccer loses 4-1 to a strong Georgetown team. Now, the Huskies are 2-3 at the moment for this season. Yes, one could say that the season has just started and the team still needs time to develop. However, with how the future in the men’s program is holding up in their league, it’s time for RR to pack up and resign at the end of season. His old/strange tactics and style in training is not as it used to be a decade ago. Yes he’s been doing a lot for the program such as putting his money for the stadium however, these past years are no excuse for the very flawed performances.

Many star players have also left the men’s soccer program the past 3-5 years due to how RR treats them and bringing in international players. In other words, a very high percentage of international players or those transferring from a D1 school will most likely start over those who has been loyal to the program. If you don’t believe in that logic, then ask the players themselves(in the program or those that left), look at the stats for the past years, or go watch their games.

Lastly, RR is a perfect example of the stereotypes of soccer in the US where we have a 33 men roster and mainly puts the same 13-15 people who always plays despite having bad performances. Why doesn’t he give other players a shot? I’m sure there’s players out there that will perform better than yesterday’s dump show. There’s no tactic, no vision, and more importantly no real connection with coach and player.
      Ray reid is a grumpy old man with nothing to offer

Comment

Ray reid is a grumpy old man with nothing to offer
        I heard he is going to coach at OW

Comment

Who would be your suggested replacement?

Comment

In the end, as long as the coach is playing those that give him the best day to day performance in training/games, then nothing else really matters. Are you suggesting that the players not getting playing time are consistently playing better than those he does put on the field and give the most minutes to? What is your evidence of that?

Comment

Who would be your suggested replacement?
              ABR: Anyone But Ray

Comment

In the end, as long as the coach is playing those that give him the best day to day performance in training/games, then nothing else really matters. Are you suggesting that the players not getting playing time are consistently playing better than those he does put on the field and give the most minutes to? What is your evidence of that?
                Not the OP, but it happens every day at every level of play. I’m sure you’ve seen it too.

Comment

I heard he is going to coach at OW
                  he would fit in perfect over there. Bunch of cranky old slobs telling everyone how great they are

Comment

UConn men are almost as bad as the women. Even game vs Manhattan college. Embarrassing.

Comment

Not the OP, but it happens every day at every level of play. I’m sure you’ve seen it too.
                      That doesn't answer the question posed.

It may happen at every level, every day. But the question is whether it is happening now at UCONN men's soccer. I've seen no credible argument to support the claim.

Comment

That doesn't answer the question posed.

It may happen at every level, every day. But the question is whether it is happening now at UCONN men's soccer. I've seen no credible argument to support the claim.
                        Listen, there’s no one on this site that can provide you with facts on this or a “credible argument to support the claim”. Unless someone is watching every training session then it’s impossible to comment on it. I’d venture a very strong and educated guess that it’s happening at UConn just like it happens everywhere else. PT can be very tricky and subjective.

Comment

Listen, there’s no one on this site that can provide you with facts on this or a “credible argument to support the claim”. Unless someone is watching every training session then it’s impossible to comment on it. I’d venture a very strong and educated guess that it’s happening at UConn just like it happens everywhere else. PT can be very tricky and subjective.
                          I can tell you that Ray is a old pr1ck who could care less what you think. The guy is on easy street, does very little and probably right now has his feet on the desk napping in his chair. He needs to go

Comment

I can tell you that Ray is a old pr1ck who could care less what you think. The guy is on easy street, does very little and probably right now has his feet on the desk napping in his chair. He needs to go
                            Ray should work a little harder at pretending he cares about something beside himself. The best coaches at UConn in any sport gave back in spades to the community and I'm not talking about writing checks. He could learn a lesson or two from some of the very good community first coaches that have coached in the past and were great coaches in their sports. He has the presence of a gnat

Comment

UConn losing to second Ivy ... pathetic

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X