Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OCDA - whats the scoop

keep hearing they haven't picked DA teams yet... is this true? how much longer can they wait?

We've heard older teams have been selected. Not sure why having ID camp next week matters. Maybe for the younger ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      We've heard older teams have been selected. Not sure why having ID camp next week matters. Maybe for the younger ones.
      I have heard some U16/17's still "trying out"..?? do they have a USSDA deadline to list players or no..??

Comment

August 1st but believe they can roster later

Comment

August 1st but believe they can roster later
          August 5th preliminary roster due

Comment

Only some kids at each age group got roster spots. Not enough to field a team, so they will have to select more this weekend either from previous roster or externals invited out and there are a lot.

Comment

Ocys da

Good luck this week for all the DA players going to training in making the team if you did not get an email saying you are on the team.

And good luck to all the players that got invited to the DA ID try out this weekend!

Comment

Good luck this week for all the DA players going to training in making the team if you did not get an email saying you are on the team.

And good luck to all the players that got invited to the DA ID try out this weekend!
                Did OCDA cut any players? My sons OCDA teammates all made it and were told a couple of weeks ago. And now I’m hearing from new players/parents that they received an email confirming they made it as well. We are going to have a roster of 20+ players.

Comment

Did OCDA cut any players? My sons OCDA teammates all made it and were told a couple of weeks ago. And now I’m hearing from new players/parents that they received an email confirming they made it as well. We are going to have a roster of 20+ players.
                  What age group..??

Comment

many folks from the id session on sunday received a follow up email that they are invited for further evaluation to practices. not sure that is a full DA roster spot offer.

Comment

many folks from the id session on sunday received a follow up email that they are invited for further evaluation to practices. not sure that is a full DA roster spot offer.
                      they are offering some spots and are inviting others to 1 week evaluation starting today. Some players will receive full roster spots through out the week. others at the end of the week. The rest will be sent back to home clubs to continue their youth career. they also said they will send kids home daily if they are not a good fit. From what I have heard the u19s are full using existing 01 02 and some 03s. u17s have 5 open spots and they will fill those spots with 03 04 and 05s. U15s will be filled with 05 and 06s. they had 0 spots u14 will be 06 and 07 spots and they had 7 spots not offered yet. Good luck if you received the invite back. and Best of luck finding a team this late in the process if not. OC will be a mess this year but you can see they are back on the right path

Comment

they are offering some spots and are inviting others to 1 week evaluation starting today. Some players will receive full roster spots through out the week. others at the end of the week. The rest will be sent back to home clubs to continue their youth career. they also said they will send kids home daily if they are not a good fit. From what I have heard the u19s are full using existing 01 02 and some 03s. u17s have 5 open spots and they will fill those spots with 03 04 and 05s. U15s will be filled with 05 and 06s. they had 0 spots u14 will be 06 and 07 spots and they had 7 spots not offered yet. Good luck if you received the invite back. and Best of luck finding a team this late in the process if not. OC will be a mess this year but you can see they are back on the right path
                        Amazing how few teams OCYS actually has now. I would say they are at about 30% of what they were 2-3 years ago.

Comment

The u15 has 0 spots? Not sure where you got that information from but there are plenty of spots open.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2541394]The u15 has 0 spots? Not sure where you got that information from but there are plenty of spots open.[/QUOTE

How many?

Comment

At least 5

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X