Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

URI Winter ID Camp?

Anyone know when/if URI is having an ID Camp? I've checked and cannot locate any information. Thanks.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Anyone know when/if URI is having an ID Camp? I've checked and cannot locate any information. Thanks.
    I've heard they were not.

Comment

Save your $$$! URI (Men or Women) are not taking RI players! Maybe (a very small maybe) will they take 1 "token" Rhode Island player each year.
      ID camps, for the most part, are team fundraisers.
      Don't waster your money or get your hopes up. I have been watching this for several years with several of the big schools.

Comment

Save your $$$! URI (Men or Women) are not taking RI players! Maybe (a very small maybe) will they take 1 "token" Rhode Island player each year.
        ID camps, for the most part, are team fundraisers.
        Don't waster your money or get your hopes up. I have been watching this for several years with several of the big schools.
        URI isn't the only program like this. UMASS Amherst Women's soccer has 6 players from MA, 7 International players and the remainder are from other states on a roster of 28. Of the current freshmen class, only 2 are from MA. New coach is honoring the old coach's roster selection, but changing the incoming recruiting classes makeup (as he should), and the team is performing better. That means more competition for fewer spots from locals.

Not to bring this back to clubs, but if you're seriously considering playing at a D1 school, playing for the RI clubs isn't going to cut it. NEFC RI teams are 3rd tier under NPL and DA. Add in the MA ECNL clubs FC Stars and Scorpions and SSS DA and RI NEFC/Bayside/Bruno/GPS isn't even on the radar of these schools. Best bet if you're a top RI player is to play for one of the MA clubs above on their top team.

If you think I'm wrong, Bayside has a a coach who is an assistant coach at PC. How many Bayside girls is PC recruiting? Few previously and none recently. 2 from Bayside currently on the roster, a Junior and a Grad student. 5 from FC Stars, 1 from Scorpions and 1 from NEFC. 2 of those are recent recruits in the freshmen class.

Comment

URI isn't the only program like this. UMASS Amherst Women's soccer has 6 players from MA, 7 International players and the remainder are from other states on a roster of 28. Of the current freshmen class, only 2 are from MA. New coach is honoring the old coach's roster selection, but changing the incoming recruiting classes makeup (as he should), and the team is performing better. That means more competition for fewer spots from locals.

Not to bring this back to clubs, but if you're seriously considering playing at a D1 school, playing for the RI clubs isn't going to cut it. NEFC RI teams are 3rd tier under NPL and DA. Add in the MA ECNL clubs FC Stars and Scorpions and SSS DA and RI NEFC/Bayside/Bruno/GPS isn't even on the radar of these schools. Best bet if you're a top RI player is to play for one of the MA clubs above on their top team.

If you think I'm wrong, Bayside has a a coach who is an assistant coach at PC. How many Bayside girls is PC recruiting? Few previously and none recently. 2 from Bayside currently on the roster, a Junior and a Grad student. 5 from FC Stars, 1 from Scorpions and 1 from NEFC. 2 of those are recent recruits in the freshmen class.
          Yes you did bring it back to clubs, MA clubs at that.
          Ok, a few teams from MA have grabbed a handful of players for their programs. Not very many for a medium to large size state of MA.

As I said previously, I have been watching several of the big schools and some D2 (RI/MA/CT) . Not too many from MA and definitely not a lot from RI.

My point; Stay Away from ID camps! Especially URI Men/Women

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X