Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hahaha. Indeed it is. Doesn't matter, though. NYSC can put whoever they want all over their social media and that is what it is all about.
    That is what it is about for whom? Do families choose a soccer club because of social media? I hope not. If you are doing that...stop it and choose based on something of greater significance.

Comment

That is what it is about for whom? Do families choose a soccer club because of social media? I hope not. If you are doing that...stop it and choose based on something of greater significance.
      You mean to tell me I'm wasting my time trolling for FB likes??

Comment

Hahaha. Indeed it is. Doesn't matter, though. NYSC can put whoever they want all over their social media and that is what it is all about.
        to be fair, NYSC always promotes their NT call-ups, almost exclusively on the boys side, so the plug for JS is expected, too bad that they attach themselves to players like Sam Coffey, Gio Reyna, and others. Yes, yes, I know that at some point in their past they were members, but some are a real stretch...like u11??

Comment

That happens every year, nothing new here, but just to get back to JS, trust me there are plenty of parents that are not so happy to see her, entitlement is alive and well in Westchester, actually Westchester spelled backwards is white-entitlement....in French
          No in numbers as large as this.

Comment

to be fair, NYSC always promotes their NT call-ups, almost exclusively on the boys side, so the plug for JS is expected, too bad that they attach themselves to players like Sam Coffey, Gio Reyna, and others. Yes, yes, I know that at some point in their past they were members, but some are a real stretch...like u11??
            Every club does it. Fault the the club for other things but "claiming" athletes is SOP in youth sports.

Comment

Its all about the marketing to delusional parents. I have heard people mention the words "national team" who shouldn't be allowed to buy a ticket to a game, let alone think their kid might have an actual shot at making it. but they see those posts and think hey, we have a chance, too!

Comment

Its all about the marketing to delusional parents. I have heard people mention the words "national team" who shouldn't be allowed to buy a ticket to a game, let alone think their kid might have an actual shot at making it. but they see those posts and think hey, we have a chance, too!
                So why bring in a real deal NY player? They see the kid play and, if they are capable of even rudimentary analysis, can quickly see that the NT player is a gifted freak and their kids had best move on to more attainable goals. It is more discouraging then encouraging to any misguided parent thinking they have an pro on their hands.

Comment

So why bring in a real deal NY player? They see the kid play and, if they are capable of even rudimentary analysis, can quickly see that the NT player is a gifted freak and their kids had best move on to more attainable goals. It is more discouraging then encouraging to any misguided parent thinking they have an pro on their hands.
                  Meant real deal NT player.

Comment

NYSC just got lucky, her parents were sick of LI soccer, so much so that they would rather commute 1.5 hours and pay $16 for tolls per practice than stay....

Comment

NYSC just got lucky, her parents were sick of LI soccer, so much so that they would rather commute 1.5 hours and pay $16 for tolls per practice than stay....
                      Depending on traffic, it could be 1.5 hours each way....

Comment

correction sick of Fury

Comment

correction sick of Fury
                          How is that possible?

Comment

No it's not that. They just think the club actually had a big role in developing the NT player and therefore the club has good coaching. In this case

- the player developed elsewhere
                            - players at that level are genetically gifted and extremely hard working outside of their club training
                            - it really says little about the coaching staff or, more importantly, whether a coach is a good fit for anyone's own child

Comment

How is that possible?
                              lol are you new? Worst club in ECNL becomes worst club in DA. Who woulda thunk it?

Comment

have any of read any of the other TALKING SOCCER sites? I was bored and took a look at what's being posted about other DA and ECNL clubs. Our NY clubs are awesome! SSS in MA doesn't have team training sessions, on mass group sessions, and Matchfit is packing their teams with 30 players. STA has 12 players on their rosters and nobody wants to play for Seacoast. We are looking pretty good here in NY

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X