• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You need flat-soled futsal boots

You need turf-specific boots

You need firm-ground boots

You need long, screw-in style deep-turf boots

This message brought to you by Nike.

(FYI, FG boots are made for turf now and most companies have begun to phase out the turf-specific boot offerings due to them being unnecessary)
    Can't use screws in many youth leagues. Not many kids play futsal and really you could wear regular sneakers if you wanted so that's another shoe eliminated. There are some cleats that are ok on turf with a somewhat shorter stud, and some that really should only be used on grass (and shouldn't be used on turf). Do your homework and try to figure out how much of either your kid really is going to need, see if you can get away with one. By HS aged it's more turf than grass

Comment

turf fields

You need flat-soled futsal boots

You need turf-specific boots

You need firm-ground boots

You need long, screw-in style deep-turf boots

This message brought to you by Nike.

(FYI, FG boots are made for turf now and most companies have begun to phase out the turf-specific boot offerings due to them being unnecessary)
      last winter my son played at the coliseum in NJ last winter, they would not let him play with his cleats, so he played with his regular sneakers....he is not the best player on his team but he had a great tournament with 5 goals and 6 assists... so F_CK YOU NIKE, and F_ck YOU Kaepernick while I'm at it!!!!!!! :)

Comment

who enforces the no cleats rule? the refs?

which other turf fields have strict no cleat rules?
        I can only speak for Cedar Creek, there are signs entering the turf fields in the back and during a tournament, one of the coordinators told the coaches to switch to turf shoes. Whether or not all the players did I don't know, but we always have extra cleats etc. in the car so I got lucky lol.

Comment

Do people prefer grass or astroturf?

Comment

I think most kids prefer turf because of the speed and consistency.

Comment

turf fields

I think most kids prefer turf because of the speed and consistency.
              european teams demand that they play on real grass. the new stadiums (including yankee stadium) all have a hybrid turf system that is part synthetic, part real grass.

Comment

european teams demand that they play on real grass. the new stadiums (including yankee stadium) all have a hybrid turf system that is part synthetic, part real grass.
                Yankee Stadium does not have hybrid turf. It's 100% Kentucky Blue.

Comment

yes i know - i prefer when my kid's team is playing on grass but for some reason the kids like the turf. I think especially as the newer turf fields are installed and the blades are longer and more grass like they just see the advantages because it drains better (they just see practice never gets cancelled) and isnt so bumpy like most grass fields.

Comment

Turf. As in artificial turf. No one calls grass turf you wanker.
                    It's called artificial turf because turf literally means grass. I was pointing out the irony in the fact that the common usage is the exact opposite of what the actual definition is.

You're better at pretending to sound British than you are at reading.

Comment

turf fields

Yankee Stadium does not have hybrid turf. It's 100% Kentucky Blue.
                      my bad

Comment

Yes, the consistency as someone mentioned. Kids are so spoiled I crack up.

My D gets on an immaculate real grass pitch and complains! Real grass is much better, but I understand why so many fakes are being put in.

Comment

Turf is preferred by most clubs and colleges because it is far more durable. You can practice year round and in bad weather with twice as much use without having to worried about it getting destroyed.

But if money and overuse aren't an issue, grass is preferred.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X