CCSL vs EDP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edp much stronger leauge and has a higher end game of play. Ccsl still ok but features more travel type teams which is good for travel but not so great for premeire clubs unless the teams aren't that strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Edp much stronger leauge and has a higher end game of play. Ccsl still ok but features more travel type teams which is good for travel but not so great for premeire clubs unless the teams aren't that strong.
      EDP top brackets are very competitive, lower ones much less so. But they do have promotion/relegation also. Younger teams, which make up the bulk of CCSL teams, don't need to be traveling all over for games.

Comment

I think in my town's case it was a lot of short-term thinking, and not considering the long-term ramifications. Sounds like your town was the same.
        Our town program was strangled to death by three dictators who know nothing about the game. 5 years later they are still at it but everyone left. Short sighted people

Comment

Our town program was strangled to death by three dictators who know nothing about the game. 5 years later they are still at it but everyone left. Short sighted people
          Ours strangled by people with only their kid, their kid's friends, and their own teams in mind. It was very frustrating to see them handcuff everyone's teams with stupid rules (except their own teams).

Comment

Forever grateful our town board was taken over but some people who cared about the game, not their own kids or politics. Several have stayed on for years after their kids were done.
            They also knew trying to form "premier" teams would kill travel because we just don't have the numbers. The few towns that have done it decently well are fairly large. Of course kids still leave for premier clubs, but it's mostly kids who should. The program isn't as big as it once was but it's still there and holding strong. Leadership matters.

Comment

Forever grateful our town board was taken over but some people who cared about the game, not their own kids or politics. Several have stayed on for years after their kids were done.
              They also knew trying to form "premier" teams would kill travel because we just don't have the numbers. The few towns that have done it decently well are fairly large. Of course kids still leave for premier clubs, but it's mostly kids who should. The program isn't as big as it once was but it's still there and holding strong. Leadership matters.
              In general I think this is an interesting topic with some relatively polite discourse from people with different points of view. My question for the people who are against town premier is this ; What should a club do when it has a travel team that is beating everyone in their district league 6 - 0 in every game? Where should they have that team play if not in some premier league?

Comment

In general I think this is an interesting topic with some relatively polite discourse from people with different points of view. My question for the people who are against town premier is this ; What should a club do when it has a travel team that is beating everyone in their district league 6 - 0 in every game? Where should they have that team play if not in some premier league?
                That can happen with a team here or there, but
                1) that doesn't mean they need an entire town premier club. Maybe they can manage it just with teams that make sense
                2) what age? By U12-u13 the departures of the better players to "better" clubs is inevitable. That weakens the team and they may no longer be able to compete against some premier teams. Some kids also decide to focus on other sports.
                3) can the team stay together into the HS years? Unfortunately there's few options for U15+ for kids who just want to play without spending/traveling a lot. CCSL makes a lot of sense in that case vs joining say an EDP club.

Comment

You should actually encourage kids that are you would consider are the top players "Out performing" current travel program and consider Soccer as their only sport to move onto a higher level Premier/DA team which has better developmental training. "Player First Mentality" there are lots of clubs Good & Bad. I'm not going to mention any as everyone has a different perception. If you look at "All" town premier/travel team they success rate starts to drop off considerably at high school age. U15 and beyond.

Comment

I wish our town had dedicated volunteers like yours. Unfortunately our town program has steadily decreased in participation numbers and many families very discouraged. Our town has a rich soccer history with many state titles and programs that were filled to the gills. The program today is hardly recognizable. Yes, players leave for Premier but the Premier programs are not dragging players by the hair. Parents and players frustrated by poor leadership, weak coaching and know discernible plan for improvement.

Comment

Winning 6 nil means nothing. It just means there's a few kids who need to move on to premeire or the competition is weak. Travel has fallen to the point that most teams have mixed ages playing just to field teams. I'd either play that team up a year or play in a higher division. There's always better competition. Ask for scrimmages against local premeire clubs and see where you fit in.

Comment

I wish our town had dedicated volunteers like yours. Unfortunately our town program has steadily decreased in participation numbers and many families very discouraged. Our town has a rich soccer history with many state titles and programs that were filled to the gills. The program today is hardly recognizable. Yes, players leave for Premier but the Premier programs are not dragging players by the hair. Parents and players frustrated by poor leadership, weak coaching and know discernible plan for improvement.
                        our town program has essentially been cleaved into two completely separate clubs - the premier side and the non-premier. Not surprising which side is largely left out in the cold. Once a kid goes to premier they are not seen again on the travel side, there is zero double rostering, zero scrimmages, zero crossover, zero contact between the two sides. I have never seen the DOC at any travel practices or games, it's like the travel side doesn't even exist.

Comment

No I'm very aware the town was lucky and an exception

Comment

No I'm very aware the town was lucky and an exception
                            Yeah, our town tried to run their own Premier for a few years. It was poor. Club no longer does Premier but the programs are poorly run. Numbers down each year, lot of squabbling at the Board level, no one wants to get invilved because of it.

Comment

That can happen with a team here or there, but
                              1) that doesn't mean they need an entire town premier club. Maybe they can manage it just with teams that make sense
                              2) what age? By U12-u13 the departures of the better players to "better" clubs is inevitable. That weakens the team and they may no longer be able to compete against some premier teams. Some kids also decide to focus on other sports.
                              3) can the team stay together into the HS years? Unfortunately there's few options for U15+ for kids who just want to play without spending/traveling a lot. CCSL makes a lot of sense in that case vs joining say an EDP club.
                              1) agreed , the club only currently fields 2 premier teams and will only do so when and If a team has demonstrated dominance in the travel A division
                              2)It was U-13 when the team went premier and it is still together
                              3) yup, still together playing CCSL

Comment

You should actually encourage kids that are you would consider are the top players "Out performing" current travel program and consider Soccer as their only sport to move onto a higher level Premier/DA team which has better developmental training. "Player First Mentality" there are lots of clubs Good & Bad. I'm not going to mention any as everyone has a different perception. If you look at "All" town premier/travel team they success rate starts to drop off considerably at high school age. U15 and beyond.
                                The Coach did encourage the best players to tryout with CFC and FSA to see if they could make those clubs top level teams. The kids were not interested and the parents were glad to avoid the expense and travel out of state.

The level of success may drop off but if they are still competitive and would dominate HS age travel teams ( and they would ) then there really isn't any other place to find competitive matches.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X