Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not saying there was, but all I've read on this board is how the women's team is failing, losing in Olympics, WC, friendly's etc. etc. etc. I've always thought they were BS whiny since sports can be quite unpredictable, but at the end of the day how does anyone know if something went on during those upsets or games where they played poorly? It's a fair question to ask but of course people like you will spin as homophobia.
    If it's had an impact on poor play it's only one of ten reasons why. If it had an impact it would be limited, not multiple games. If they announced their engagement one would think there isn't much tension between them.

Comment

If it's had an impact on poor play it's only one of ten reasons why. If it had an impact it would be limited, not multiple games. If they announced their engagement one would think there isn't much tension between them.
      Married couples don't have issues?

- A study tracking married couples over a 10 year span found lesbian marriages were most likely to end in divorce. Of the 580 lesbian couples who were married in 2005, 30% were divorced ten years later compared to 18% for heterosexual couples and 15% for gay male couples.

Comment

Married couples don't have issues?

- A study tracking married couples over a 10 year span found lesbian marriages were most likely to end in divorce. Of the 580 lesbian couples who were married in 2005, 30% were divorced ten years later compared to 18% for heterosexual couples and 15% for gay male couples.
        and? It's up to the coaching staff to keep tabs on it. It's not my call or yours.

Comment

Sounds like the team has been fortunate that nothing major has happened. Not because some are gay but just because they're teens and emotions can run wild. Not sure a coach can do much - if he's even aware - other than keep close tabs on it. Tough for him to figure out bed assignments if he doesn't have a list but certainly players could privately say to him, hey I'd rather not room with xxxx
          Same issues on my dd’s team. Male coach has no clue. The dating couples just switch beds with another player and the coach is none the wiser. My dd thinks it’s funny though because they are strictly forbidden from having boys in their rooms but half the team is gay and hooking up - sometimes with the coach being the one who assigned them the same bed! ;-). If one of the straight hurls got caught with a boy in her room, she’d be sent home at parent’s expense and kicked off the team. Double standard.

Comment

Same issues on my dd’s team. Male coach has no clue. The dating couples just switch beds with another player and the coach is none the wiser. My dd thinks it’s funny though because they are strictly forbidden from having boys in their rooms but half the team is gay and hooking up - sometimes with the coach being the one who assigned them the same bed! ;-). If one of the straight hurls got caught with a boy in her room, she’d be sent home at parent’s expense and kicked off the team. Double standard.
            Straight girls not hurls!

Comment

How the heck do you know that? How do you know something wasn't going during the Olympics or some other event? The Olympics are legendary venues for athletes hooking up. Are you saying that they would never cheat on one another? Are you on the team? Do you know them personally?

You seem to be taking the position that since they are gay, they get a pass at all these questions. I get that you are for gay rights, and that is fine, it's not an issue here, but you seem to imply that they should not be subject to scrutiny, simply by virtue of being in protected class. That's ludicrous.

Comment

How the heck do you know that? How do you know something wasn't going during the Olympics or some other event? The Olympics are legendary venues for athletes hooking up. Are you saying that they would never cheat on one another? Are you on the team? Do you know them personally?

You seem to be taking the position that since they are gay, they get a pass at all these questions. I get that you are for gay rights, and that is fine, it's not an issue here, but you seem to imply that they should not be subject to scrutiny, simply by virtue of being in protected class. That's ludicrous.
                You seem to think that every gay couple has issues that will prevent them from doing their jobs or even having successful relationships. It has nothing to do with protected class but I'd like to assume that they are professionals and are handling it professionally. Do you not think the coaching staff has vetted this and had multiple conversations with them? If they haven't then they're the ones failing to do their jobs. If they think it might cause problems it's up to them to figure out how to handle it.

Comment

You seem to think that every gay couple has issues that will prevent them from doing their jobs or even having successful relationships. It has nothing to do with protected class but I'd like to assume that they are professionals and are handling it professionally. Do you not think the coaching staff has vetted this and had multiple conversations with them? If they haven't then they're the ones failing to do their jobs. If they think it might cause problems it's up to them to figure out how to handle it.
                  Not at all. But I've seen it affect workplaces throughout my career and my child has seen it affect some of her teams. No one handles love and emotions "professionally". No one.

As for the coaching staff, the difficulties in dealing with relationships is exactly why companies have no-fraternization policies and spouse hiring rules. It's because it is extremely difficult to manage. Jeez.

Comment

Not at all. But I've seen it affect workplaces throughout my career and my child has seen it affect some of her teams. No one handles love and emotions "professionally". No one.

As for the coaching staff, the difficulties in dealing with relationships is exactly why companies have no-fraternization policies and spouse hiring rules. It's because it is extremely difficult to manage. Jeez.
                    Same. It can get ugly but most times it's fine. You are right most companies have policies in place but that's more about protecting their own hides if a boss/subordinate relationship goes sour and lawsuits start flying. If the coaching staff has let it go on this long they can't really stop it without creating more of a mess. Nip it early or possibly pay the price later (or possibly not - might be totally fine).

Comment

Geez...

Seems like older teams have many switch hitters. Is that what my ulittle has to look forward to? Is this college? Or high school?

Comment

Exactly. They’ve been together for a decade. Everybody knows about it.

This is only “news” to white, straight, soccer dads and the homophobes on TS who gaslight the thread with “this is post is NOT...”, which is a Vegas neon sign for THIS IS WHAT THIS THREAD IS.... total bonus for the fake softball story.

It was almost creative.

Now, dudbros....Reality check - women understand no means no.

Also, pro tip - nobody is gonna waste an entire semester chasing your precious Susie Strait. Stop clutching your pearls and go watch some MLS to self soothe. You’ll all be okay.
                        ATTENTION: White , straight soccer dads. You are obviously guilty of something. Stop posting on this site as you are annoying angry bull lesbos who hate you upon sight.

Comment

Seems like older teams have many switch hitters. Is that what my ulittle has to look forward to? Is this college? Or high school?
                          1/3 to 1/2 of every top high school aged soccer team. Maybe every sports team...

Comment

1/3 to 1/2 of every top high school aged soccer team. Maybe every sports team...
                            Catholic Church has coaches ready for hire

Comment

not on the boys side...definitely a chick thing, although most of them look like guys

Comment

not on the boys side...definitely a chick thing, although most of them look like guys
                                It is totally on the boys side. Wake up.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X