Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The combined teams are one of the best things about the gda .
    It is, so getting rid of it for girls shows how hypocritical USSF is. Glad they're keeping it for the boys...for now.

Comment

No it is a feeble attempt to keep players who wouldn't make the combined team in the system. Thing is, USSF certainly doesn't care about players that aren't strong enough to make the combined teams. It's all about market share.
      Aren’t there a lot of clubs that currently don’t have u16/17? So their u15 would be asked to compete at this level. It would weaken an already weakening product.

Comment

Aren’t there a lot of clubs that currently don’t have u16/17? So their u15 would be asked to compete at this level. It would weaken an already weakening product.
        In GDA almost all clubs are full U14-u19. Four clubs don't have a U19 team. Two only have U14 and U15, both in the Mid Atlantic (LISC and Arlington). I know LISC is getting U16 added for next year (so the current U15s just move up). Not sure about U17 (probably not as they'd have to add an entire new team).

Even if GDA wasn't splitting the U15s the transition to U17 is always there. The teams tend to be heavily weighted to the older players. They move up qualified younger players, drop some dead wood, maybe pick up a few outside players and you have a team. Now clubs can hold on to the weaker/younger players by letting all play as U16s. Boys are keeping the U17 teams, which, personally I think is one of the few good things about DA. Only the strong survive, as it should be for the supposed "top" league

Comment

In GDA almost all clubs are full U14-u19. Four clubs don't have a U19 team. Two only have U14 and U15, both in the Mid Atlantic (LISC and Arlington). I know LISC is getting U16 added for next year (so the current U15s just move up). Not sure about U17 (probably not as they'd have to add an entire new team).

Even if GDA wasn't splitting the U15s the transition to U17 is always there. The teams tend to be heavily weighted to the older players. They move up qualified younger players, drop some dead wood, maybe pick up a few outside players and you have a team. Now clubs can hold on to the weaker/younger players by letting all play as U16s. Boys are keeping the U17 teams, which, personally I think is one of the few good things about DA. Only the strong survive, as it should be for the supposed "top" league
          link to this year's club map http://www.ussoccerda.com/2017-girls-club-map

Comment

Well then to do this for girls and not boys is just weak

Comment

What happens when two Alby teams meet? Do they have enough kids?

Comment

What happens when two Alby teams meet? Do they have enough kids?
                It’s a gross display of soccer

Comment

Well then to do this for girls and not boys is just weak
                  Totally is lame. It's all about trying to keep more players not development

Comment

Totally is lame. It's all about trying to keep more players not development
                    I concur, a total mess!!!!

Comment

I concur, a total mess!!!!
                      After a hard winter for PR trying to recruit players...no one came. In fact, many solid players are leaving Fury for other programs. It’s a mess.

Comment

After a hard winter for PR trying to recruit players...no one came. In fact, many solid players are leaving Fury for other programs. It’s a mess.
                        Can barely field teams, he needs new blood in there fast

Comment

The link in the initial post doesnt seem to be working anymore. Does anyone have the name of the u12 league or a link to the website? Thanks.

Comment

The link in the initial post doesnt seem to be working anymore. Does anyone have the name of the u12 league or a link to the website? Thanks.
                            I don't think NY/NJ area will have MLS Youth League for U12.. I believe its only Florida area will have MLS Youth League for U12

Comment

I don't think NY/NJ area will have MLS Youth League for U12.. I believe its only Florida area will have MLS Youth League for U12
                              It will be called EDP

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X