Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019-2020 ecnl id

When do the clubs start doing their ECNL ID clinics for next year?

For those who have been through the process, do most ECNL players come from inside of the clubs (kids on pre-ECNL age teams) or from outside?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    When do the clubs start doing their ECNL ID clinics for next year?

For those who have been through the process, do most ECNL players come from inside of the clubs (kids on pre-ECNL age teams) or from outside?
    Why would you ever do ECNL, at least on the boys side?

Comment

Why would you ever do ECNL, at least on the boys side?
      The answer is none of your F'ing business.

Do you have an actual answer, or are you just trolling?

Comment

Wouldn’t ECNL be a decent option on the boys side if your kid wanted to play high school (not allowed by DA) or wasn’t good enough to make a DA team (but was still a solid player) or lived too far from a DA team? What’s a better New England option other than DA?

Comment

Yes, most ecnl kids come from within the club. But certainly not all.

Comment

So, for example, with the 2006 (U13) ECNL teams from Scorpions and FC Stars, what's the ratio of homegrown kids versus kids from who were at other clubs the year before ECNL started?

I'm guessing something like 80%-20% ratio?

Comment

The answer is none of your F'ing business.

Do you have an actual answer, or are you just trolling?
              Goodness me! Well, yes, I do have an answer. The answer is "never".

More interesting, though, is the question: When would you ever pay to play for a clear 2nd tier and travel all over the region and country so that a foolish, small fat guy in a full "football" suit can make decisions that are over his head? "Never"...

Play for a solid local club and play high school. ECNL on the boys side is a money grab. On the girls side, likely very worthwhile if your kid is good enough to play in colllege.

Comment

Trump

So, for example, with the 2006 (U13) ECNL teams from Scorpions and FC Stars, what's the ratio of homegrown kids versus kids from who were at other clubs the year before ECNL started?

I'm guessing something like 80%-20% ratio?
                If your kid wants to try out, then what does the ratio mean to you? If they are clearly better than the other kids, then they have a shot at getting on the team. It’s not like 20 or 30 kids show up and they pick them against a set ratio.

Email Stars or Scorpions and ask when the tryouts are.

Comment

Goodness me! Well, yes, I do have an answer. The answer is "never".

More interesting, though, is the question: When would you ever pay to play for a clear 2nd tier and travel all over the region and country so that a foolish, small fat guy in a full "football" suit can make decisions that are over his head? "Never"...

Play for a solid local club and play high school. ECNL on the boys side is a money grab. On the girls side, likely very worthwhile if your kid is good enough to play in colllege.
                  You are an angry little man. I'm guessing your kid didn't make it on Boys ECNL...or high level NPL for that matter ( and yes, high level NPL travels around the country for tournaments also).

Why would someone do ECNL? 1. DA in New England isn't that good, 2. DA is too far for that person, 3. ECNL is a very competitive program, 4. ECNL gives your kid the ability to play club at a high level and play for high school (if your high school is D1 and competitive this does make a difference), 5. The coaching at ECNL is usually better than the average club team, 6. The kid likes his club and the club offers multiple paths for growth, 7. Good college programs usually look at higher level club over lower levels., etc, etc

If your son is in high school and wants to play in college on a decent team (decent = Top 200 D1 or Top 25 D3) and isn't in DA, ECNL or Super Group NPL then you are misleading them. No matter what anyone says on this blog...low level club players/high school-only players get recruited less than 1% of the time...yes, I have looked at many, many college rosters for their pre-college activity.

Go to an ID camp with at least 50 kids...you will easily be able to tell the difference between the DA/ECNL kids versus everyone else.

Comment

2nd hand info, but was told from what they see rare is the person who comes from outside Stars (for example) makes it to their top team at the start. Even their second, err, ahem, "other" top team. They ply their trade in NPL for a year first.

I'm sure someone will prove me wrong...just what I was told when a common acquaintance didn't make it.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                      2nd hand info, but was told from what they see rare is the person who comes from outside Stars (for example) makes it to their top team at the start. Even their second, err, ahem, "other" top team. They ply their trade in NPL for a year first.

I'm sure someone will prove me wrong...just what I was told when a common acquaintance didn't make it.
                      Wrong

Comment

Maybe it depends on age. Read many a complaint on TS about a “Loyal” Stars player displaced by mid-season addition.

Comment

You do realize that’s because you can’t switch ecnl teams mid year right? Stars takes ecnl players from other teams mid season and sticks them on npl until they can be rostered for ecnl.

Comment

Maybe it depends on age. Read many a complaint on TS about a “Loyal” Stars player displaced by mid-season addition.
                            Absolutely true. Coaches often like their shiny new players that looked good so they promised something. Usually it works out in the end and the better player advances. There are no loyalty points in this game. Sad but true or just real life?

Comment

Absolutely true. Coaches often like their shiny new players that looked good so they promised something. Usually it works out in the end and the better player advances. There are no loyalty points in this game. Sad but true or just real life?
                              Absolutely true. They love to poach players from other ECNL teams and parents will only move and PAY for that league so those new players slide right on.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X