Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rumor regarding end of DA and expansion of TA

I heard a rumor last week that there are ongoing discussions surrounding expanding the Timbers Academy by adding a Westside team and a North(Vancouver) team. Players would still be associated with local clubs. They would practice twice weekly with the Timbers Academy and twice weekly with their usual club. The person I talked with said that there would be no Eastside TA team.

Has anyone heard similar rumors or is this scoring very high on the BS meter?

Sounds like another attempt - in a long list of attempts - by Timbers and Westside to screw over independent local clubs.

USDA slapped them down last year over some of their shenanigans.

Some old, some old.

Comment

Tried it 6 years ago; has been a smashing success: https://www.timbers.com/post/2012/02...mbers-alliance

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Sounds like another attempt - in a long list of attempts - by Timbers and Westside to screw over independent local clubs.

USDA slapped them down last year over some of their shenanigans.

Some old, some old.
        Nope. Not true.

Comment

I heard a rumor last week that there are ongoing discussions surrounding expanding the Timbers Academy by adding a Westside team and a North(Vancouver) team. Players would still be associated with local clubs. They would practice twice weekly with the Timbers Academy and twice weekly with their usual club. The person I talked with said that there would be no Eastside TA team.

So the clubs currently involved in local DA would no longer be?

Comment

So the clubs currently involved in local DA would no longer be?
            No USDA is already in contact with existing clubs about next year.

Comment

It sounds like there would be a westside TA, metro TA, and vancouver TA. There would no longer be the DA as we know it now. Kids would practice 2 days a week with their local club. I'm not sure how games and travel would work being on 2 teams.

Comment

US Soccer is really awful at soccer. Have you seen the USMNT?

Comment

https://i0-wp-com.cdn.ampproject.org...pg?w=720&ssl=1

US Soccer company car just arrived with some recommendations.

Comment

Timbers DA will continue as the only 'Full' Academy in Oregon due to it's MLS status.

But, US Soccer will invite the partial members into other age groups moving forward.

Bills, got to get paid back in chicago, sound familar us club (ecnl) lower standards = more dollars for the organizers.

Simple economics.

Comment

Pretty much.

Comment

wait

Timbers are required to have a boys DA program through US Soccer

Comment

Timbers are required to have a boys DA program through US Soccer
                          Also they are the only 'Full' academy in Oregon. No pun intended.

Comment

USMNT all fit in there?

Comment

Timbers DA will continue as the only 'Full' Academy in Oregon due to it's MLS status.

But, US Soccer will invite the partial members into other age groups moving forward.

Bills, got to get paid back in chicago, sound familar us club (ecnl) lower standards = more dollars for the organizers.

Simple economics.
                              This has nothing to do with ECNL, but the fact that hairbrained idea like the one that started this thread is even being discussed among the Timber cult tells you all you need to know about what goes on in Timberland: "hey we have an underperforming Academy, so lets triple the size".

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X