Valencia CF Academy vs. FC Barcelona Academy - Pros & Cons

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the way , do you know how much fee for winter 10 weeks 30hrs practice + league?

please let me know :)

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I’m not sure it’s as simple as that. When a tenant sues a landlord it’s typically to break the lease. According to everything on here we got fields being built so I am not sure if the fields are being built at all. If anyone here know’s Keith D’s track record then they know he made his money suing people. He use to find big companies that utilized relatively small technologies in their operations, quickly file a patent on that technology after the fact and then claim The company owes him money. That’s Keith MO.
      They aren't suing to break the lease. They are suing to recoup the loss of expected income from the sale of sand and to get the landlord to stop acting like a POS to their subcontractors. The lawsuit quite clearly shows that they want to move forward with the project.

Comment

What are you talking about? So now all of the pictures on this site are also fakes? You are overplaying your hand a little bit on this.

What are you trying to communicate with your third sentence? And I totally disagree with your second sentence, just not true.

A tenant that wants to break a lease just vacates. If landlord can't fill space, then landlord sues, noone wants to pay lawyers if party is generally left even or a little in the hole, just not worth it. Tenants sue to make sure that landlord lives up to its obligations in a lease, for whatever services or other obligations that landlord is required to perform; this case seems special to me since a rent adjustment was built into lease with respect to fill to be excavated from site - somebody lied, or somebody wasn't paying attention when they toured the site.
        A few things here are peculiar. First, we have a property that according to legal documents hasn't had its rent paid since December 2015. Yet it was only last October that the Town of Smithtown forbade any further excavation of sand from the north slope of the site. So basically, we have over two and a half years of rent not being paid without any jurisdiction in direct conflict. I would say its safe to assume that if they haven't paid any rent up till the end of 2017 they probably still haven't paid anything for 2018 until there is a legal resolution. This appears to be the case as both parties prepare for a bench trial. Prospect Partners is not looking to pay anything until a number ruled upon.

Now in the past few weeks, we have had a person(s) post worksite images of what appears to be an artificial surface footing being built. This begs the question, why would anything be built, let alone a million dollar field, on a property with such uncertainty? We are looking at close to 4 years back rent on a property and a site with uncertain engineering capabilities. Why isn't Barca Pro going elswhere?

Comment

A few things here are peculiar. First, we have a property that according to legal documents hasn't had its rent paid since December 2015. Yet it was only last October that the Town of Smithtown forbade any further excavation of sand from the north slope of the site. So basically, we have over two and a half years of rent not being paid without any jurisdiction in direct conflict. I would say its safe to assume that if they haven't paid any rent up till the end of 2017 they probably still haven't paid anything for 2018 until there is a legal resolution. This appears to be the case as both parties prepare for a bench trial. Prospect Partners is not looking to pay anything until a number ruled upon.

Now in the past few weeks, we have had a person(s) post worksite images of what appears to be an artificial surface footing being built. This begs the question, why would anything be built, let alone a million dollar field, on a property with such uncertainty? We are looking at close to 4 years back rent on a property and a site with uncertain engineering capabilities. Why isn't Barca Pro going elswhere?
          your questions i assume are rhetorical. Barca is not going anywhere else becuase the project was never NOT moving forward. Gossip is not good for anyone.

Comment

your questions i assume are rhetorical. Barca is not going anywhere else becuase the project was never NOT moving forward. Gossip is not good for anyone.
            Yes, it's rhetorical but if you believe that the development of the property is going to be smooth sailing here on out then your sadly mistaken. Quite honestly, and I am not sure how you could disagree, this Kings Park thing site been a huge disappointment. The site has had major hurdles and people are giddy over a photo of a Bobcat skid steer parked near a fabricated curb.

You're going to tell me FCB thinks that this is progress?

How much more patience does FCB have for Keith D. and his cronies.

Comment

Yes, it's rhetorical but if you believe that the development of the property is going to be smooth sailing here on out then your sadly mistaken. Quite honestly, and I am not sure how you could disagree, this Kings Park thing site been a huge disappointment. The site has had major hurdles and people are giddy over a photo of a Bobcat skid steer parked near a fabricated curb.

There are really only two major issues at this point, stabilizing the north slope and a money dispute over sand sales/back rent. The intent of the lawsuit is to resolve the latter.

Comment

you are fabricating a story in your head. nobody said any of the words you stated.
                i dont know what FCB thinks, nor do you. people are giddy, because it is the most they have seen as far as 'progress'. no question, there are many hurdles in the smallest of projects. this is a very large (not so small) project. therefore bigger hurdles and bigger problems. yep, and one of them is money. and now attorneys smell it like blood to sharks. as the world turns.

Comment

There are really only two major issues at this point, stabilizing the north slope and a money dispute over sand sales/back rent. The intent of the lawsuit is to resolve the latter.
                  Let me give you a little insight into the property from when Prospect Partners wanted to build baseball fields there. The site has no sewers and the town wants them to be built if the site is going to be developed into something a little more then just a few fields. Prospect does not want to pay to do this. Does that affect the club's ability to train, absolutely not. They can have porta potties and trailers for the academy. However, the solvency of the facility is not solely reliant upon Barca training fees. Keith D. and Prospect Sports need tenants in their commercial offices. If they can't build their office space how long is the can they stay afloat.

Comment

Let me be the first to say that I no longer want Prospect Sports involved with Barca Pro. If all they are responsible for is the facility, which has been repeated ad nasueam, why can't Dome just find a college like Valencia has done and work out of there.

Comment

Let me give you a little insight into the property from when Prospect Partners wanted to build baseball fields there. The site has no sewers and the town wants them to be built if the site is going to be developed into something a little more then just a few fields. Prospect does not want to pay to do this. Does that affect the club's ability to train, absolutely not. They can have porta potties and trailers for the academy. However, the solvency of the facility is not solely reliant upon Barca training fees. Keith D. and Prospect Sports need tenants in their commercial offices. If they can't build their office space how long is the can they stay afloat.
                      Now you are getting ridiculous. Have you never heard of septic tanks?

Comment

To be clear, it was Prospect Sports asking/demanding that the town hook them up to the sewer system. It was not the town forcing it on them. The town was perfectly fine with them having an in-house sewage system but Prospect Sports was hoping to avoid that cost on their end.

Comment

Not if you want Northwell Health as a tenant or any other kind of medical offices.

Comment

To be clear, it was Prospect Sports asking/demanding that the town hook them up to the sewer system. It was not the town forcing it on them. The town was perfectly fine with them having an in-house sewage system but Prospect Sports was hoping to avoid that cost on their end.
                            Thank you, Keith, for clearing that up.

Comment

Ask Keith - Barca Academy is not going to be the anchor tenant at Kings Park.

Comment

Thank you, Keith, for clearing that up.
                                There are several newsday articles about them asking the town to provide the sewer hookup, not the other way around.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X