Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girls Lacrosse or Girls Soccer

My daughter has been playing soccer, but I recently put her in some beginning level lacrosse lessons. It kind of appears to me that there are less girls playing youth lacrosse vs. soccer, yet there are just as many women's college scholarships for both sports. If my goal is for her to play a college sport, why would I not put her in lacrosse? Statistically speaking, it appears to me that there is a lot better chance of her getting to play lacrosse in college.

Golf has the most av for women.

Comment

Agree! Golf is the way to go if you are a girls looking for money!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        My daughter has been playing soccer, but I recently put her in some beginning level lacrosse lessons. It kind of appears to me that there are less girls playing youth lacrosse vs. soccer, yet there are just as many women's college scholarships for both sports. If my goal is for her to play a college sport, why would I not put her in lacrosse? Statistically speaking, it appears to me that there is a lot better chance of her getting to play lacrosse in college.
        bye....

Comment

Girls are abandoning soccer en masse and migrating to girls lacrosse.

Comment

How about letting her play the game she loves and wants to play? How about letting her do what she wants to do and what her goals are? Am I the only person that reads this and it just makes my stomach turn!

Comment

How about letting her play the game she loves and wants to play? How about letting her do what she wants to do and what her goals are? Am I the only person that reads this and it just makes my stomach turn!
              no it caught me too. "I just put..." does she even want to play any sports? what are her interests? it amazes me. over the years we have provided many opportunities for our kids to join teams, causes, etc., to spark their own interests in whatever it may be.

Comment

Maybe she wants to lay around and do nothing! Maybe she wants to get high! Have a boyfriend hanging around at age 12. Would you still let her do what she wants to do? You, my friend, make my stomach turn!

As a parent, you show them the paths and you help guide them along the way. No one mentioned that the daughter was not given a choice, you just assumed that she did not. Now go knit another sweater!

By the way, soccer rules and lacrosse is played with a stick and a softball!

Comment

Very difficult to say which one is harder to tolerate and watch: womens soccer or womens lacrosse?

But thanks to Title IX both have been made available at the collegiate level.

Comment

By the way, soccer rules and lacrosse is played with a stick and a softball!
                    By the way, a lacrosse ball is NOT soft.

Made of solid rubber a lacrosse ball is smaller,more dense and heavier than a basball. At the professional level in mens lacrosse shots on goal have been recorded in excess of 100 m.p.h.

Have seen a car windshield destroyed by a lacrosse ball.

And by the way, lacrosse is "the fastest game on two feet".

Comment

Made of solid rubber a lacrosse ball is smaller,more dense and heavier than a basball. At the professional level in mens lacrosse shots on goal have been recorded in excess of 100 m.p.h.

Lacrosse is so boring. Can hardly believe it's considered a sport especially for girls. My daughter tried it and unlike soccer there is no physical contact allowed in the girls game. I put it right up there with competitive cheerleading.

Comment

Total BS!
                        Signed Usain Bolt

Comment

Lacrosse is so boring. Can hardly believe it's considered a sport especially for girls. My daughter tried it and unlike soccer there is no physical contact allowed in the girls game. I put it right up there with competitive cheerleading.
                          I agree with you 100% on all counts.

Comment

It is a fine sport for girls that can't make the soccer team or play softball.

Comment

It is a fine sport for girls that can't make the soccer team or play softball.
                              agree. now whoever continues to bring up lax, start your own thread.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X