Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yes. As a parent I should be able to start a social media page for my 8 year old. I should be able to tag my superstar older daughter in every post to maximize exposure for the 8 year old. I should be able to hashtag the 8 year old’s videos with things like #WitnessNext. I should be able to caption photos with quotes by Kevin Durant. And anyone who thinks this is sick and wrong is the problem for looking at the public social media page I created. I mean she created.
    He’s a rich twisted man. The parents have enough money (a pyramid scheme type company). They want the FAME for their kids and are willing to buy it no matter the cost. They bought her the media following and then Nike and the Thorns bought into her media persona. He started building OM’s media image from before 6 yrs old. The 8 yr old’s will be much easier because they can just piggyback off the older sister.

It’s sick but not surprising what these parents are doing to sell their children but it is surprising that Nike didn’t do better vetting on this one.

Comment

He’s a rich twisted man. The parents have enough money (a pyramid scheme type company). They want the FAME for their kids and are willing to buy it no matter the cost. They bought her the media following and then Nike and the Thorns bought into her media persona. He started building OM’s media image from before 6 yrs old. The 8 yr old’s will be much easier because they can just piggyback off the older sister.

It’s sick but not surprising what these parents are doing to sell their children but it is surprising that Nike didn’t do better vetting on this one.
      There's some truth to this. I know for sure that they bought 10s of thousands of insta followers last year. My daughter has been a fan for several years, and pointed it out to me....she went from several thousand to over 50k literally overnight. Most followers were "bots." random Accounts with just a few posts and few followers...easy to tell they weren't real

Comment

There's some truth to this. I know for sure that they bought 10s of thousands of insta followers last year. My daughter has been a fan for several years, and pointed it out to me....she went from several thousand to over 50k literally overnight. Most followers were "bots." random Accounts with just a few posts and few followers...easy to tell they weren't real
        Yeah, your daughter was a fan for several years and just noticed that she went from several thousand to over 50K literally overnight... lol

Comment

Yeah, your daughter was a fan for several years and just noticed that she went from several thousand to over 50K literally overnight... lol
          facts. if you dont think 12 year old girls notice things like that...youre clueless.

Comment

as a matter of fact, if you scroll through her insta followers there are still a bunch of bot fake followers

Comment

as a matter of fact, if you scroll through her insta followers there are still a bunch of bot fake followers
              true. no avatar. no or very few posts. very low followers, but following thousands (cause these fake account follows have brokered and sold off to people wanting to up their profile).

Comment

facts. if you dont think 12 year old girls notice things like that...youre clueless.
                You seemed sort of obsessed with this thing, but I am clueless.

Comment

true. no avatar. no or very few posts. very low followers, but following thousands (cause these fake account follows have brokered and sold off to people wanting to up their profile).
                  Did you or your 12 year old daughter figure that out?

Comment

Did you or your 12 year old daughter figure that out?
                    Pretty common among celebrities and politicians. Twitter and company have been trying to crack down, but have found it difficult to do so.

Comment

Pretty common among celebrities and politicians. Twitter and company have been trying to crack down, but have found it difficult to do so.
                      What's old is new again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claque

Comment

What's old is new again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claque
                        Seriously funny link!! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Pretty cool that your 12 year old daughter figured all of this out.

Comment

Seriously funny link!! Thanks for sharing.
                            Excellent! Think it is time to hire my ds to laugh my jokes - my dd refuses too ) :

Comment

Pretty cool that your 12 year old daughter figured all of this out.
                              Well...she’s not a retard, so it’s not that a big a deal. I know social media probably stumps you, but it’s part of life for these kids.

I understand that you are insinuating that she didn’t, and that I’m sort of some kind of detective myself...I couldn’t give a sh1t what you think, so troll on. Feel free.

Facts are facts. Bots are bots.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                                ^ ^ ^ s t i l l s t a l k i n g ^ ^ ^

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X