Ivy League - Bribes for Admission

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The college admissions scandal has seen a lot of bizarre stories, from “a falsified list of regattas” to Olivia Jade’s time on USC board chair Rick Caruso’s yacht to a rapper known for a song called “When The Drugs Kick In” hitting a blunt while defending his implicated parents. But the latest one is particularly fun, featuring UCLA women’s soccer “player” Lauren Isackson. Isackson was part of a 2017 UCLA recruiting class ranked second-best nationally, which included U.S. and Canadian national team members, and she was listed as actually on the team that season (the Bruins finished as national runners-up, losing the championship game to Stanford) despite reportedly having never played competitive soccer before."
    https://thecomeback.com/ncaa/admissi...on-soccer.html

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      "The college admissions scandal has seen a lot of bizarre stories, from “a falsified list of regattas” to Olivia Jade’s time on USC board chair Rick Caruso’s yacht to a rapper known for a song called “When The Drugs Kick In” hitting a blunt while defending his implicated parents. But the latest one is particularly fun, featuring UCLA women’s soccer “player” Lauren Isackson. Isackson was part of a 2017 UCLA recruiting class ranked second-best nationally, which included U.S. and Canadian national team members, and she was listed as actually on the team that season (the Bruins finished as national runners-up, losing the championship game to Stanford) despite reportedly having never played competitive soccer before."
      https://thecomeback.com/ncaa/admissi...on-soccer.html
      A national championship-calibre team hid someone who’d never played competitive soccer on its roster.

Comment

A national championship-calibre team hid someone who’d never played competitive soccer on its roster.
        My favorite story was the kid who was a football kicker but his school didn't even have a football team. I wonder how many more admissions officers will now be using Google a whole lot more?

Comment

My favorite story was the kid who was a football kicker but his school didn't even have a football team. I wonder how many more admissions officers will now be using Google a whole lot more?
          But, unlike the UCLA kid, the fake football player didn't take a roster spot.

Comment

But, unlike the UCLA kid, the fake football player didn't take a roster spot.
            The big problem is they both took a spot at the school as a student, depriving another honest applicant the spot.

Comment

The big problem is they both took a spot at the school as a student, depriving another honest applicant the spot.
              This is more on point. I doubt #41 bounced anyone off the team and was simply there to gather the balls after practice and hoof them to the storage room. As a positive, I bet she got in the best shape of her life though.

Comment

This is more on point. I doubt #41 bounced anyone off the team and was simply there to gather the balls after practice and hoof He's entitled to his own opinion but you don't have to publish it. to the storage room. As a positive, I bet she got in the best shape of her life though.
                Since rosters often vary in size year to year it would be nearly impossible to prove any one person was harmed by any one cheater - you'd have to have a witness (coach) say "we rejected person X for person Y". Similarly with the lawsuits filed by students claiming they were denied spots because of these few cheaters. These schools reject tens of thousands of applicants. Most likely those rejected were rejected for a reason

Comment

This is more on point. I doubt #41 bounced anyone off the team and was simply there to gather the balls after practice and hoof them to the storage room. As a positive, I bet she got in the best shape of her life though.
                  And received free swag, boots, possibly some hardware from the finalist finish in 2017, who knows. But, most definitely a questionable spot.
                  Don't let the number fool you. Some really good players have played the game with high numbers on their shirt in tribute to other players, family members.
                  On my team, the freshman gathered balls, put back the nets, carried the water, and more. And they were actual soccer players that contributed.

Comment

And received free swag, boots, possibly some hardware from the finalist finish in 2017, who knows. But, most definitely a questionable spot.
                    Don't let the number fool you. Some really good players have played the game with high numbers on their shirt in tribute to other players, family members.
                    On my team, the freshman gathered balls, put back the nets, carried the water, and more. And they were actual soccer players that contributed.
                    Is that still allowed nowadays? If that happened at a fraternity it would be called hazing.

Comment

Is that still allowed nowadays? If that happened at a fraternity it would be called hazing.
                      No, this was back when there were segregated lunch counters.

Comment

Hazing? What are you talking about? They aren't pelting them with the soccer balls or not allowing them to drink water after running. Do you have a flip phone too?
                        Many schools do it as a way to learn to respect those that have paved the way and become part of the pyramid.
                        #not part of the snowflakes or snowflake parents

Comment

Hazing? What are you talking about? They aren't pelting them with the soccer balls or not allowing them to drink water after running. Do you have a flip phone too?
                          Many schools do it as a way to learn to respect those that have paved the way and become part of the pyramid.
                          #not part of the snowflakes or snowflake parents
                          That’s how we did it back in 1982 when I was drinking beers after working out with PJ. We drank a lot of beer. I like beer.

Signed Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

That’s how we did it back in 1982 when I was drinking beers after working out with PJ. We drank a lot of beer. I like beer.

Signed Brett Kavanaugh
                            And Senators drove their cars off of bridges after parties too back in the day. Out of the basement today huh? Need to run to the hemp store and stop and get some Cheetos? Hit me up when you get back.

Comment

Signed Brett Kavanaugh
                              Yeah, I would much rather hang with a guy that ate dirt than drank beer. That is what we need in this country, more people that eat dirt and less that drink beer.

Comment

Yeah, I would much rather hang with a guy that ate dirt than drank beer. That is what we need in this country, more people that eat dirt and less that drink beer.
                                It would improve their immune systems too. Double bonus.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X