Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Female Athlete Triad

Parents of daughters, I hope this is helpful to you. It was to us (my wife and I) who are parents to a daughter.

What I've realized, looking back, is our daughter simply was not getting enough calories, and she had a minor scare (injury). Training for soccer multiple times a week, and depending on the time of year also training for basketball and softball. Almost six days a week, and sometimes seven. There are a lot of teen girls out there like ours/yours. Thankfully, we didn't have a major injury or problem, but a physician informed us of this info (link below) before a big problem or injury did occur.

I believe that a lot of the girls I've witnessed being injured over the last few years likely have ties to this issue. Which is largely a caloric intake issue. These girls burn massive amounts of calories each week, playing soccer and other sports. They simply need to consume more than the normal teen girl does.

Please read over this, and monitor your daughter if she's training multiple days a week. A lot of injuries can be prevented if the diet/caloric intake is matched for the amount of training that your daughter is enduring.

https://www.starspt.org/female-athlete-triad/

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Parents of daughters, I hope this is helpful to you. It was to us (my wife and I) who are parents to a daughter.

What I've realized, looking back, is our daughter simply was not getting enough calories, and she had a minor scare (injury). Training for soccer multiple times a week, and depending on the time of year also training for basketball and softball. Almost six days a week, and sometimes seven. There are a lot of teen girls out there like ours/yours. Thankfully, we didn't have a major injury or problem, but a physician informed us of this info (link below) before a big problem or injury did occur.

I believe that a lot of the girls I've witnessed being injured over the last few years likely have ties to this issue. Which is largely a caloric intake issue. These girls burn massive amounts of calories each week, playing soccer and other sports. They simply need to consume more than the normal teen girl does.

Please read over this, and monitor your daughter if she's training multiple days a week. A lot of injuries can be prevented if the diet/caloric intake is matched for the amount of training that your daughter is enduring.

https://www.starspt.org/female-athlete-triad/
    Thank you for posting this! These kids are burning so many calories and it can be brutal to get them enough good ones.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    Working...
    X