Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I agree somewhat. Our first team is still the best in the world. A morg at the 9, Tobin and Rapinoe on the wings are still gonna score against anyone. If Lindsey can stay healthy and Becky S plays always....we can win in 2019.
    Overall you are dead on. The issue is if the other team packs the box and has a quick counter we are in trouble. Especially if the high pressure. We have struggled with it. And Naher in goal is always a scary proposition

Comment

Best players are Rose Lavelle and Mallory Pugh. Unfortunately Jill Ellis will make them split time with lesser players. She cut a really good Crystal Dunn for a 45 year old useless Abby Wambach for no good Soccer reason last go round.

Comment

Best players are Rose Lavelle and Mallory Pugh. Unfortunately Jill Ellis will make them split time with lesser players. She cut a really good Crystal Dunn for a 45 year old useless Abby Wambach for no good Soccer reason last go round.
        Never watched it, Any hotties in the team ?

Comment

Another dummy, Dunn is on the team, Wambach is not.

Comment

Overall you are dead on. The issue is if the other team packs the box and has a quick counter we are in trouble. Especially if the high pressure. We have struggled with it. And Naher in goal is always a scary proposition
            If the other team packs the box that eliminates the idea of high pressure.

Comment

I’m assuming you are talking about Crystal being cut for Abby last WC cycle? She was certainly deserving 4 years ago, but when you’re putting together a team you need players that can bring different dynamics. Abby brought the aerial threat as a striker that Crystal did not. If anything, maybe Dunn should have made it over Morgan who was returning from injury and wasn’t fully fit, yet.

As far as Rosie and Mal are concerned...I think Mal has a long way to go. She has pace and can finish, but she is average technically and turns the ball over too much. She is still very young and think she has a chance to be a world class player, but still needs a lot of development. Rosie is better. She also has great pace and is better on the ball. She’s more versatile than Pugh, also. Doesn’t seem to finish quite as well, but the rest of her game is pretty strong. These are two of USA’s best younger players, but they aren’t close to the best players on the team, however.

Comment

Sadly I agree with you. Unless somehow we get it together quickly we aren’t going to win it all. The rest of the world has caught up to us and is about to surpass us.
                I think they can pull it off this year, but it will be the last. Four years from now we might not even be in the final.

Comment

Hope they lose. Sick of the entitled overly PC social justice warrior causes. Go rest of the world!

Comment

Hope they lose. Sick of the entitled overly PC social justice warrior causes. Go rest of the world!
                    Agree, Feminists & Dykes who think the World owes them everything.

Comment

Is the best outside back, Jaelene Hinkle, on the team? Or is anti Christian bias still alive and well in US soccer?

Comment

Is the best outside back, Jaelene Hinkle, on the team? Or is anti Christian bias still alive and well in US soccer?
                        No, she’s not on the roster.

Comment

I think they can pull it off this year, but it will be the last. Four years from now we might not even be in the final.
                          I think we have a chance to win, but it’s gonna be tough.

As this group ages out, I think we are in trouble internationally. The US does not have the structure and dedication to developing world class youth teams as evidenced by our recent struggles in the u17 and u20 World Cups (for girls not on the boys side).

Hope, I’m wrong, but countries like France and Spain are developing the next generation of women players in the same academies and through the same systems as their males players. The countries have a track record of developing world class players and teams. Plus, fans are attending the women’s professional games in those countries, so their is a financial incentive to develop talent. They have more fans at women’s side games then all but a few of our MLS teams have attend their games.

Comment

Great but no one cares about Women's Soccer.The attendance numbers prove that, Move on.
                            And in America nobody cares about boys soccer. I’m sure everybody in high school is saying that your wimpy boy play the girls sport....soccer

Comment

And in America nobody cares about boys soccer. I’m sure everybody in high school is saying that your wimpy boy play the girls sport....soccer
                              Ignore the trolls. It bothers them more not to be acknowledged.

Comment

The womens world cup roster was announced today. Standard players. They will win another World Cup and it won't be close.
                                What happened at the 2016 Olympics? Knocked out in the quarterfinals. Don't count on anything because this team is not that good.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X