Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New Hampshire

Notices

New Hampshire Discussions about New Hampshire soccer.

Old 05-02-2018
Unregistered

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2251026]As for your ODP plan, I like most of it, especially at no cost. However, practicing 3-5 times with other strong players and good coaching, then playing in a tournament, would just not be enough. Yes, it would provide a little enrichment to a good player, but will certainly not make much a difference in their outcome long term. You need a DA type of environment (or better) if the kid has any chance of becoming a quality player. This, of course, can't be sustained for free, especially if you want quality coaches involved, and that's why are current system is what it is, pay-to-play with a few of the highest need players receiving scholarships.[/QUOTE]

I agree on both points. For ODP I guess it's a matter of philosophy - should it be run like a club, or should it be run like an all-star select team?

I think it should be a state version of YNT camps/games - bring the best players together, get them familiar with each other, then let loose in a few competitive games. This would be the opportunity for a player who care not in the cathcment area or can't afford a DA environment.

Separately, I think the focus of the state association should be to help grow the sport overall and support clubs who are looking to create higher level playing opportunities.
Old 05-02-2018
Unregistered

Didnít these coaches get let go by seacoast?
Old 05-03-2018
Unregistered

The three coaches are still with Seacoast through the end of the season. I have daughters on each team. Haven't decided which way we're going. Stay with coaches or Seacoast.
Old 05-03-2018
Unregistered

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2250030]ECNL level in NH will never be successful. There arenít enough truly elite players to field a team.

[/QUOTE]

Of course, you realize the Stars ECNL and NPL teams (which is on par with the ECNL team) have several NH girls on their teams. Add in a few from Seacoast, and a few more from NEFC or GPS possibly and, yes, you would have an excellent team. So, there is talent but it's diluted.
Old 05-03-2018
Unregistered

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2251991]Of course, you realize the Stars ECNL and NPL teams (which is on par with the ECNL team) have several NH girls on their teams. Add in a few from Seacoast, and a few more from NEFC or GPS possibly and, yes, you would have an excellent team. So, there is talent but it's diluted.[/QUOTE]

An excellent team playing NHSL...why!
Old 05-03-2018
Unregistered

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2251991]Of course, you realize the Stars ECNL and NPL teams (which is on par with the ECNL team) have several NH girls on their teams. Add in a few from Seacoast, and a few more from NEFC or GPS possibly and, yes, you would have an excellent team. So, there is talent but it's diluted.[/QUOTE]

What age group? Varies from year to year but no more than 2-3 girls from NH play on an ECNL/DA team from each birth year.
You canít compare Stars ECNL with GPS or Seacoast NPL talent. Itís not even close.
Old 05-03-2018
Unregistered

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2252118]What age group? Varies from year to year but no more than 2-3 girls from NH play on an ECNL/DA team from each birth year.
You canít compare Stars ECNL with GPS or Seacoast NPL talent. Itís not even close.[/QUOTE]

The girls 05 group for Stars, both ECNL and NPL (they dropped their DA before this age entered into it) are littered with NH girls. Enough to make up a full team. And, yes, you can compare some of them. Some chose to make the travel down to Lancaster, some chose to stay more local. I have direct knowledge of that.
Old 05-03-2018
Unregistered

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2252129]The girls 05 group for Stars, both ECNL and NPL (they dropped their DA before this age entered into it) are littered with NH girls. Enough to make up a full team. And, yes, you can compare some of them. Some chose to make the travel down to Lancaster, some chose to stay more local. I have direct knowledge of that.[/QUOTE]

Why would ECNL/NPL players want to play with a startup in NHSL...Never happen!
Old 05-03-2018
Unregistered

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2252139]Why would ECNL/NPL players want to play with a startup in NHSL...Never happen![/QUOTE]

They wouldn't. This appears to have drifted from the original topic. It was mentioned that an ECNL team would never be successful in NH, and it's my opinion that's not the case. There is the talent, but it's thin.

Where programs like Peak and some others fit, IMO, is to continue to develop in concentrated areas. But, not be prideful enough so that if a player outgrows the competition, encourage them to move into leagues where that exists.
Old 07-11-2018
Unregistered

Question Coaches leaving Seacoast or asked to leave question.

I wonder why people care if a coach leaves a club on their own or if they are asked to leave. I think the more important question is: Should young developing players follow a coach for their entire youth soccer career? Can they work with other coaches or is this an issue? If it is, and you have more than one player that falls into this scenario you need to look at the larger picture.