Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So how many A team players did the OPL teams add to their B and C teams…just so they could look good...
    The same as all the OYSA teams that had players on vacation during the summer. Are you really that stupid?

Comment

The same as all the OYSA teams that had players on vacation during the summer. Are you really that stupid?
      Why is it the folks who post on here and seem to support OYSA can post politely, while the OPL folks always seem to be jerks? Is it something to do with the organizations, I don't think I have seen a single pro-OPL post that hasn't started or ended with insulting whoever they are responding to.

Comment

Why is it the folks who post on here and seem to support OYSA can post politely, while the OPL folks always seem to be jerks? Is it something to do with the organizations, I don't think I have seen a single pro-OPL post that hasn't started or ended with insulting whoever they are responding to.
        You haven't read most of the posts then, have you?

Comment

You haven't read most of the posts then, have you?
          Your comment makes no sense.

Comment

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Glad folks are talking about the Peregrine/OYSA relationship. 2 old threads with some of the history.

Comment

Glad folks are talking about the Peregrine/OYSA relationship. 2 old threads with some of the history.
                The history is interesting--but goes to show that nobody, really, has entirely clean hands in this mess.

Indeed, someone could write a 1500 page novel about this sh1tshow. I'd call it "Game of Cones".

Comment

why does this matter ?

First there was OYSA.

Then there was the OPC who created the OPL through US Soccer

Then there was OYSA again, this time the league was run by the Timbers

For the most the part the clubs moved as a group and where always unified.

I am not sure why this matters or the point.

Youth soccer is a multi million dollar industry for sure. Not sure what the profit margin is for the Timbers. A youth team of 18 competitive players generates 27,000($1,500 per player). State Cup is $750, what is league fees $900?? so 6% of the fees go to the Timbers?

OYSA gets the registration fee, I think that includes some insurance. How much is that? $20.00 per player 1.5%. I know this math is rough but that is 7.5% of the club fees goes to administration.

I would think the biggest expense is field rentals, but I bet it is really DOC pay.

400 kids (how big is a club), and if the DOC makes $100,000 that is $250 per player. That is 17% of the total fees.

It would be really interesting to drill down into each clubs fiances and see exactly where the money goes in these non-profits.

Comment

First there was OYSA.

Then there was the OPC who created the OPL through US Soccer

Then there was OYSA again, this time the league was run by the Timbers

For the most the part the clubs moved as a group and where always unified.

I am not sure why this matters or the point.

Youth soccer is a multi million dollar industry for sure. Not sure what the profit margin is for the Timbers. A youth team of 18 competitive players generates 27,000($1,500 per player). State Cup is $750, what is league fees $900?? so 6% of the fees go to the Timbers?

OYSA gets the registration fee, I think that includes some insurance. How much is that? $20.00 per player 1.5%. I know this math is rough but that is 7.5% of the club fees goes to administration.

I would think the biggest expense is field rentals, but I bet it is really DOC pay.

400 kids (how big is a club), and if the DOC makes $100,000 that is $250 per player. That is 17% of the total fees.

It would be really interesting to drill down into each clubs fiances and see exactly where the money goes in these non-profits.
                    http://www.guidestar.org

It's no wonder the DoCs don't complain about the finances of the timbers/oysa. They are all on the doll and don't want anybody looking into their finances either.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X