Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I know this age group really well and I was happy that my daughter made WATimbers. I was worried there for a bit. The talent was very good and I'm happy that my daughter made the team. The girl in question that left would have had trouble making this team. She would have been what coaches call a bubble player. It sounded as though that parent moved their whole family to eastside. Apparently sitting in a car for 4 hours per week going to and from practices is a good idea these days.

So a starter for the Reds makes the state cup champ team at ET and she's a "bubble player"? Sounds to me that it might just be your DD who is on the bubble and maybe you should be thankful that the other girl moved on..

Zactly. I don't know about being the actual kid on the bubble? But I must say, the first 3 sentences of that post look suspect. A post full of BS if you ask me.

Comment

I'm not quite sure who you're talking about, but it has to be her cause she was the only one. There were 2 girls who tried out across the river, they were both offered positions & only one accepted. Anyhoots, the said kid would have had zero issues making the Timbers Reds. If she didn't it wouldn't have been because of lack of talent. She was one of our top players.

Also, you don't make that Eastside team if you're a "bubble player" on the Timbers Red.
      There would be an issue with the one that left because she never came to tryouts. I know the coach and he doesn't offer spot prior to tryouts. Keep in mind the entire club was in a merger and that there were a 100 girls at tryouts. I'm not sure how many wa timbers carried on '00 roster but assuming 16-17 would tell me that would be a hard team to make.... I heard there were 8-10 Portland players and a couple of playups that came down that threw the whole mix up

Comment

Now that tryouts are done

Where does everyone see their teams at?
        Did they get stronger?
        Stay the same?
        Get weaker?

Comment

Friendlies of the weekend

My DD mentioned that Eastside, Westside and THUSC has some friendlies over the weekend. Anybody care to post some updates on how your team did. I assume they just trying out players in various positions before the Summer touney push!

Comment

My DD mentioned that Eastside, Westside and THUSC has some friendlies over the weekend. Anybody care to post some updates on how your team did. I assume they just trying out players in various positions before the Summer touney push!

No I can't, but I do know that FCP had friendlies in multiple age brackets with M.V.L.A. from NoCal. FCP (00's) won, but it's was a friendly, so it really doesn't mean anything. Just like those friendlies don't mean anything.

Comment

Thusc won 3-0, Lo/clackamas won 8-0, Eastside win 6-0

Comment

Fun. I love friendlies where no one loses, I guess they didn't play each other.

Comment

They all played teams from mvla NorCal club.

Comment

LO/Clackamas? did they merge from this past tryout? Should make for a pretty solid team I would think

Comment

LO/Clackamas? did they merge from this past tryout? Should make for a pretty solid team I would think
                      They were going to merge, but then the parent groups met each other and there were a few fights. Obviously the Clackamas parents won that one.

Comment

They were going to merge, but then the parent groups met each other and there were a few fights. Obviously the Clackamas parents won that one.
                        Funny

Comment

I think they played together in the spring. If the noise level of the parents are any indication. Not sure about state cup.

Comment

I think they played together in the spring. If the noise level of the parents are any indication. Not sure about state cup.
                            Salmon creek is going to run through everyone this year. Watch out.

Nemesis power!

Comment

Nemesis power!
                              bragging before the season starts is just dumb and classless. learn something..."humble in victory, noble in defeat"...and you still might recover from your lack of education.

Comment

Nemesis power!
                                Apparently you were kicked off of the 99's thread?

SC can be very good, the problem you can never are sure. It depends a lot if there are other matches they have to supply girls for and how many guest players they bring in and their skill level.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X