• Show
Clear All

Pay up

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Everyone is losing players to WC:
    - PDA
    - Match Fit
    - Cedar Stars

Basically its the only club worth playing for in the North East.
    hahahahahahahhahahahah, oh man, to much for me to get started on this fine Friday. But I'll leave you with this thought.

https://www.lohud.com/story/opinion/...ge/2454671002/

What this essentially says is that if you live in Westchester, it will cost you 165% more in 2020 than it does right now. Right now the EZPASS charge is $4.75 ....

https://www.thruway.ny.gov/travelers...tivetolls.html

thats $122 per month (with 3 trips per week).... or an extra 1k per season to the toll man.

EVERYONE pays.... just a question of WHO you pay.

Comment

hahahahahahahhahahahah, oh man, to much for me to get started on this fine Friday. But I'll leave you with this thought.

What this essentially says is that if you live in Westchester, it will cost you 165% more in 2020 than it does right now. Right now the EZPASS charge is $4.75 ....

thats $122 per month (with 3 trips per week).... or an extra 1k per season to the toll man.

When your kid loves where she plays, do you think that matters? You have to do better than that pal, even with the extra $1000 WC will be less than NYSC idiot

Comment

When your kid loves where she plays, do you think that matters? You have to do better than that pal, even with the extra $1000 WC will be less than NYSC idiot
        Well, just do what everyone else does, and alter your plates, its an epidemic, and illegal, but it hasn't stopped anyone from what I can tell...

Comment

I'm sure you're some sort of a geography genius, but I don't understand HOW CSA/PDA/MF players would have to pay any of these fees? These kids are from North Jersey.

Comment

I'm sure you're some sort of a geography genius, but I don't understand HOW CSA/PDA/MF players would have to pay any of these fees? These kids are from North Jersey.
            I hate guys like you, who spoil a good story with logic.

Comment

First off, I'm not your pal.

And of course if someone lives in NJ they don't have to pay the toll, I'm speaking of the Westchester/CT crew.

That said, its not just the $1,000 for tolls, or that all in costs. Its what you get for what you pay. VALUE discussion.

NYSC built a brand new indoor facility, I'm pretty sure you've been there. I'm pretty sure you were impressed. ... the Armory is getting old PAL.

3 practices per week in the winter
              4 practices per week in the fall/winter
              And you can come to ANY NYSC practice 6 days a week and train if you so choose.

There is nothing you can say that there is not an answer for. 40 mins of traveling per day across the bridge, $1,000 in tolls (let alone gas - about another EXTRA $500 a year) canceled practices, crappy winter time programming, and a stupid ECNL badge to go a long with it.

HA.... HA.... HA..... please, jokers like you make me laugh. The scary part is that you might ACTUALLY believe the crap you spew. That makes you dangerous from stupidity.

Comment

And of course if someone lives in NJ they don't have to pay the toll, I'm speaking of the Westchester/CT crew.

That said, its not just the $1,000 for tolls, or that all in costs. Its what you get for what you pay. VALUE discussion.

NYSC built a brand new indoor facility, I'm pretty sure you've been there. I'm pretty sure you were impressed. ... the Armory is getting old PAL.

There is nothing you can say that there is not an answer for. 40 mins of traveling per day across the bridge, $1,000 in tolls (let alone gas - about another EXTRA $500 a year) canceled practices, crappy winter time programming, and a stupid ECNL badge to go a long with it.

HA.... HA.... HA..... please, jokers like you make me laugh. The scary part is that you might ACTUALLY believe the crap you spew. That makes you dangerous from stupidity.
                Looks like STA and Cedar Stars Bergen have a blueprint.

Comment

Looks like STA and Cedar Stars Bergen have a blueprint.
                  Exactly, it’s the NYCSL distinction of Excellence, not.

Comment

My daughter spent almost 5 years with NYSC, so unless you have stayed longer, my opinion holds the most cred. Its simple, on the girls side, if your daughter wants more, and is not challenged enough, a dedicated player goes to NYCFC/WCFC. Its the way its been for at least 7 years, and the list of success is too long to count.

Comment

My daughter is making the switch from NYSC to WC ECNL next season. We just attended a uniform fitting last week, and the girls they had assisting with the fittings were more helpful to us with how we should proceed with college recruiting than NYSC has been in the last 4 years we have been there. The girls were shocked to learn that we haven’t be informed on how to go about the recruiting process and my daughter is going into her sophomore year. My daughter left there asking me if we waited too long to make the switch.

Comment

We were at NYSC for 5 years. It SUCKs there. I can’t wait till they find out my mind isn’t coming back next year. Build all the bubbles you want. No one is allowed to use them without paying extra. That should be your club name EXTRA. Extra political, extra expensive, extra hostile. Good try though PAL

Comment

You obviously are still in the honeymoon period at NYSC. NYSC has as many weaknesses as any other club and you clearly cannot see them yet.

No, not true. My daughter has played for NYSC for 4 years. Never once have they been allowed to attend another practice. It is not allowed. You must practice with your team (or you will be benched) and you're not allowed to attend other practices as it will disrupt the flow of the team. You MIGHT be invited to attend other practices if a kid is being considered to move up but that is it. If anyone tells you you can join any practice any time, they are lying or your kid is the president's son. However, WC has not only told my daughter she can join any practice, they've referred her to other coaches who have practices she has joined.

built a brand new indoor facility, I'm pretty sure you've been there. I'm pretty sure you were impressed. ... the Armory is getting old PAL.
                          Yeah, it's nice. But ONE field among 30-40 teams plus the rentals to various futsal programs does not leave much room for winter practices. Some teams are exiled to Armonk. Most NYSC teams only practice twice a week in the winter. The Academy teams might get 3 times a week, but the rest do not. Winter is the shortest part of the season. Fall and Spring are the majority of the season and many teams, and especially the girls, do not get to practice at Manhattanville and are scattered throughout Westchester and CT. As much as I hate the Armory, I'd rather have 5 fields available for the bulk of the season than 1 extra nice field in winter.

You do realize that NYCFC/WC is $1000 a season less than NYSC? That makes the tolls a wash. And most kids from Westchester carpool which cuts that toll burden down significantly. And while traffic can suck, my drive home from WC is the same duration as my drive from wherever NYSC had us practice. It's just an extra 20 minutes to get there most days.

NYSC is not a terrible club for girls, far from it. But we switched to World Class last year and have been very happy with the coaching. Fredy is an excellent technical coach and my daughter has improved significantly working with him. Everything about WC has impressed us so far and we're happy with the switch. The bridge is inconsequential compared to the quality we are getting at WC. That's value.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2516682]You obviously are still in the honeymoon period at NYSC. NYSC has as many weaknesses as any other club and you clearly cannot see them yet.

No, not true. My daughter has played for NYSC for 4 years. Never once have they been allowed to attend another practice. It is not allowed. You must practice with your team (or you will be benched) and you're not allowed to attend other practices as it will disrupt the flow of the team. You MIGHT be invited to attend other practices if a kid is being considered to move up but that is it. If anyone tells you you can join any practice any time, they are lying or your kid is the president's son. However, WC has not only told my daughter she can join any practice, they've referred her to other coaches who have practices she has joined.

Girls from my daughters DA team practiced with boys instead of going to the practices for their own team. As is typical at NYSC the rules differ depending on who you are.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2516718]
                              You obviously are still in the honeymoon period at NYSC. NYSC has as many weaknesses as any other club and you clearly cannot see them yet.

Girls from my daughters DA team practiced with boys instead of going to the practices for their own team. As is typical at NYSC the rules differ depending on who you are.
                              Yes players looking for more challenging training are invited to practice with other teams. Tell your kid to stop whining and work harder and then when they are adults they won't have to come on websites like this and cry how unfair life is.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2516718]

WC didn’t have any competitive teams this year. So attending ‘any practice ‘ does not really get anyone ahead in this situation, but it’s just an indicative of chaos and poor coaching

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X