Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice for Liberals

"Exactly. Here's the thing. I'm friends with George Bush," she said. "In fact, I'm friends with a lot of people who don't share the same beliefs that I have."
    DeGeneres said she believes people have forgotten that we are all different and that that's OK.
    "But just because I don't agree with someone on everything doesn't mean that I'm not going to be friends with them," she said. "When I say, 'be kind to one another,' I don't only mean the people that think the same way that you do. I mean be kind to everyone."

All this hate from the left needs to stop. It's divided this country.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    "Exactly. Here's the thing. I'm friends with George Bush," she said. "In fact, I'm friends with a lot of people who don't share the same beliefs that I have."
    DeGeneres said she believes people have forgotten that we are all different and that that's OK.
    "But just because I don't agree with someone on everything doesn't mean that I'm not going to be friends with them," she said. "When I say, 'be kind to one another,' I don't only mean the people that think the same way that you do. I mean be kind to everyone."

You are so right. Not a single person from the right has expressed any hatred whatsoever. What have we been thinking?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

Comment

I agree that the hate has to stop and has divided the country but both sides are guilty of it. It's not unique to liberals and Democrats. Trump has divided the country more than any president that I can remember and it has nothing to do with his politics. It has to do with him as a person.

Every president that I can remember, Democrat or Republican, has had policies and things that I haven't liked. I respected them as the president, though. I can't say the same about Trump. I don't respect him. Every now and then he'll do something and I'll think that he's getting his act together. Then he'll follow that up with something not so good and hate speech.

The better title to your thread is "Advice for Democrats and Republicans"

Comment

Republicans = party of hate (either complicit or willingly ignoring it)
        Democrats = party of over-reacting PC correctness

One is far worse than the other. Guess which.

Comment

Republicans = party of hate (either complicit or willingly ignoring it)
          Democrats = party of over-reacting PC correctness

One is far worse than the other. Guess which.
          Hmm, no hate from the dems?

Comment

Hmm, no hate from the dems?
            I can't speak for anyone else, but as a liberal and a Democrat I am furious with the Republican party right now. They are normalizing and enabling a psychopath. I don't know if being furious and frustrated could be described as hatred. I don't hate all Republicans or conservatives in general. I do, however, hate Trump and Mitch McConnell with probably every fiber of my being. They are betraying our country in almost every conceivable way. They deserve the scorn of every patriotic American, liberal or conservative.

I wouldn't say there is no hatred on the left by any stretch of the imagination. Of course there is. But you can't claim there is only hatred on the left. That's utterly absurd.

Comment

I can't speak for anyone else, but as a liberal and a Democrat I am furious with the Republican party right now. They are normalizing and enabling a psychopath. I don't know if being furious and frustrated could be described as hatred. I don't hate all Republicans or conservatives in general. I do, however, hate Trump and Mitch McConnell with probably every fiber of my being. They are betraying our country in almost every conceivable way. They deserve the scorn of every patriotic American, liberal or conservative.

I wouldn't say there is no hatred on the left by any stretch of the imagination. Of course there is. But you can't claim there is only hatred on the left. That's utterly absurd.
              I think it's time to get a refill on your meds.

Comment

I think it's time to get a refill on your meds.
                I think it's time you get a new line.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X