Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    what is your definition of "great"? mine definition for the term "great" is national or world caliber. If you are not national or world caliber. You are not "great"....sorry.
    My team is national and world caliber so we are great. so get lost.

Comment

Kids must be home from camp and on ts today!
      the ‘roid-head wrestling guy is back lol

Comment

you must be one of the faggot, self-entitled snob parents I was referring too...you P_ssy.
        let the kids grow up to be real men and woman...strong, not like you...you are pathetic...whining all the time.
        This website seems to be full of snowflakes.

Comment

This website seems to be full of snowflakes.
          oh boy..snowflake faggot poster is back!

Comment

oh boy..snowflake faggot poster is back!
            Look through these threads. It's snowflake city, bitchy parents calling out coaches and people because they couldn't get their way.

Comment

Look through these threads. It's snowflake city, bitchy parents calling out coaches and people because they couldn't get their way.
              And the special snowflakes that do whine and get their way coach? what do we call them? Super snowflakes?

Comment

But isn’t it by attending the prospective school’s ID camps that a player gets noticed? Don’t the players pick their preferred schools, and essentially “try out” for the coaching staff by attending those camps? I’m genuinely curious as to what the advantages of the fancy kits and fancy leagues are, except as a good way to part with cash. Ostensiblly, can’t the player and their family do the research on their own? I get that having hundreds of college coaches at a tournament is impressive, but they’re probably not coming to look at just your kid, who may only get minutes of PT. For those very few players in this area that are standouts, I get it. But for those not headed for NT or Stanford ( can you say “majority” )? For those who love to watch our kids play, whose plans include hoping their daughter learns the lessons of hard work, making some lifelong friends and memories, and attending a solid institution of higher learning, where, if they choose, they can continue to play? I just wonder sometimes, if all that cash wouldn’t be better spent, in some cases, on tutors. I know of more than one talented player who either couldn’t get recruited or lost scholarships because of academics.
                ID clinics play an important role but how do you get noticed at one of those....

Player 1 - Registers and Shows up to the clinic
                Player 2 - Registers writes the coach introducing herself and includes soccer info
                Player 3 - Receives personalized email from a coach regarding the id clinic, registers writes the coach thanking them for the invite expresses mutual interest

Player 1 better be really good to get noticed
                Player 2 will get a decent look, if the coach is intrigued
                Player 3 will get most of the attention. The coach is happy you are there. They or someone they trust already wanted you to be there . For this scenario you were noticed somewhere... most likely at an ecnl or da event.

Now multiply each player by 20 and when they camp all the player 3's will be grouped together. This makes it more difficult for player 1.

** there are exceptions, but generally speaking ecnl and da provide the exposure others cant

Comment

ID clinics play an important role but how do you get noticed at one of those....

Player 2 - Registers writes the coach introducing herself and includes soccer info
                  Player 3 - Receives personalized email from a coach regarding the id clinic, registers writes the coach thanking them for the invite expresses mutual interest

Player 3 will get most of the attention. The coach is happy you are there. They or someone they trust already wanted you to be there . For this scenario you were noticed somewhere... most likely at an ecnl or da event.

Now multiply each player by 20 and when they camp all the player 3's will be grouped together. This makes it more difficult for player 1.

** there are exceptions, but generally speaking ecnl and da provide the exposure others cant
                  You forgot one very important part. There are not as many great players in ECNL and DA as you lead on. Both of the leagues contain dozens of teams that are no better than a town team and who players are average at best. As I posted earlier my daughter played in EDP and never played on a DA or ECNL team. She went to an ID Clinic where there were many DA and ECNL players and still stood out and is now attending the school of her choice not only because she is a good soccer player but a smart one as well. There are many talented players who do not let a league affiliation define them and a who are still able to get into their choice of College playing the game they love.

Comment

You forgot one very important part. There are not as many great players in ECNL and DA as you lead on. Both of the leagues contain dozens of teams that are no better than a town team and who players are average at best. As I posted earlier my daughter played in EDP and never played on a DA or ECNL team. She went to an ID Clinic where there were many DA and ECNL players and still stood out and is now attending the school of her choice not only because she is a good soccer player but a smart one as well. There are many talented players who do not let a league affiliation define them and a who are still able to get into their choice of College playing the game they love.
                    I think college coaches are well aware of the landscape. Not that there not great players is these fancy leagues but obviously there are plenty that do no have that option available. College coaches want to win. If your kid will help them do that, they want her.

Comment

This, this and this...

Comment

Nobody said the ECNL and DA players were all great
                        They do get the most exposure though and take up iver 70% of the D1 roster spots. In the scenarios listed your daughter is Player 1. I am glad it worked out for her. Do you mind sharing the school?

Comment

One more point: when it comes down to choosing players, if two players at the same position appear to be of similar talent at the ID clinic, he coach will then look at their soccer experience as part of their decision-making. A player coming from DA or ECNL probably has a distinct advantage over a NYCSL player because the coach can make some inferences about the level of competition and training environment that those DA/ECNL players come from, whereas they may not be as familiar with the other leagues.

Comment

One more point: when it comes down to choosing players, if two players at the same position appear to be of similar talent at the ID clinic, he coach will then look at their soccer experience as part of their decision-making. A player coming from DA or ECNL probably has a distinct advantage over a NYCSL player because the coach can make some inferences about the level of competition and training environment that those DA/ECNL players come from, whereas they may not be as familiar with the other leagues.

What a crock of shyte. If a coach likes what he or she sees, none of that league crap matters. Keep trying to spin that.

Comment

Even more SUSA tryouts

What a crock of shyte. If a coach likes what he or she sees, none of that league crap matters. Keep trying to spin that.
                              that is what the guy is trying to say.....with all things being equal....the coach (will probably) select the player with the better experience.....i would.

Comment

that is what the guy is trying to say.....with all things being equal....the coach (will probably) select the player with the better experience.....i would.
                                My kid had a recruiting call with a top 100 D1 and coach asked several questions regarding league.
                                Coach asked-
                                -How did you get on this team, where did you play prior?
                                -What are the major differences between playing NPL and ECNL, how has that affected you as a player, what did you do to adjust, which do you prefer?
                                -Why did you decide to play ECNL and not GDA?

Anyone who claims "league doesn't matter" is not dealing with a stong collegiate program.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X