Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I did not watch the tryouts but I did hear from some players of the turnout. It was mostly SCU returning players but each age group did have about 5 or so players from some of the competing clubs in the area. The top players that already play for OC or FKK did not come to tryouts (except at the younger age groups) I don't know if the rest were top players or bottom players but out of the 6 or so in the age group that my kid tried out for there were 2-3 that he said would likely be offered ECNL positions, but who knows if they will accept a position on the team or just stay with their own club. From what I hear is that the coaches of the competing clubs in the area have been lying to their players and telling them that SCU isn't going to be a "true ECNL" club, that they are ECNLR Kind of sad if a coach would lie to try to keep a player instead of letting the players decide what is the best move for them.
    Coaches may or may not be saying that but that’s not the reason no kids came out. New kids didn’t come out because they don’t exist. The only other players who would be good enough already play ecnl and they didn’t come out.

Comment

The only boys teams thus far that have made it on the field are the u18/19 all others were canceled due to lightning.

Comment

Considering that ECNL for the boys is just Florida teams now, it’s really a rebrand of NPL. Additionally, the ECNL-R is the same. Play the same teams in NPL of past for all that money.

Real important things is to play competitive games and have competitive training sessions. That causes player growth. No matter the leagues name, it just needs to be competitive. Good luck to all Brevard players trying to find their fit.
        there's the confirmation I needed to show that it was true. I heard beachside also told their players not to go to SCU because beachside was going to join the national league.

Comment

Who’s going to tryouts tonight?

Comment

Who’s going to tryouts tonight?
            Didn’t look like a lot of 05 boys the day it got cancelled

Comment

Went to tryouts, god it was horrendous. No one showed up outside of space coast players. You can tell because all space coast players are in full uniform. They will be awful next year, they already had most of the best players and still suck. Terrible talent coached by terrible coaches.

Comment

Went to tryouts, god it was horrendous. No one showed up outside of space coast players. You can tell because all space coast players are in full uniform. They will be awful next year, they already had most of the best players and still suck. Terrible talent coached by terrible coaches.
                The 2005 group had good talent . I see that being a good team

Comment

The 2005 group had good talent . I see that being a good team
                  It's the same team as last year, they won't do much. Have you watched ECNL games before? How do you think they will do against their new competition? I am genuinely curious.

Comment

]Went to tryouts, god it was horrendous. No one showed up outside of space coast players. You can tell because all space coast players are in full uniform. They will be awful next year, they already had most of the best players and still suck. Terrible talent coached by terrible coaches.[/QUOTE]

What age group ? and boys or girls ? On the girls side team tryout's were very good
                    Excellent outside Talent showed up. The 07G look Extremely Impressive They should be battling for the top spot in the state. My kid is not on this team either.

Comment

It's the same team as last year, they won't do much. Have you watched ECNL games before? How do you think they will do against their new competition? I am genuinely curious.
                      If they pick up 4 good players from these tryouts, which I definitely saw out there, they will get at least mid-table.

Comment

If they pick up 4 good players from these tryouts, which I definitely saw out there, they will get at least mid-table.
                        Is this sarcasm?

Comment

I went to the ENPL national championships last year so I guess they should have been the top ECNL teams, not just low level or mid table. I watched a lot of games because there wasn't much else to do. I have been to three national championships and 3 Jefferson cups and had teams play in the top bracket so I have a pretty good idea at national talent. As much as people don't want to think it , the ECNL players are not DA level in most cases. they are 2nd tier players. SCU last year had their U19's go to Louisiana and they had their U18's go to Illinois. Not enough players could make it to Illinois due to having to report to colleges the following week so SCU threw together a group of kids that were some seniors, Juniors, couple sophmores, and even a freshman. They played the team that ended up winning the national championship and they lost 4-0. that was their worst loss of the tournament and the team that won didn't allow a goal the entire tournament and beat the other ECNL teams by similar scores. So How do I think they will do against other florida ECNL teams? I think they will do fine. will they be top of the table? I hope not because that would say the other teams are awful. I think some of teams will do well, some will be mid table , others will be at the bottom. From what I hear FESA is the only team that was heads above the rest.

Comment

Some 05 space coast boys won’t return, but it will be a good team . Trust me space coast will compete with any Ecnl team in the state.

Comment

I went to the ENPL national championships last year so I guess they should have been the top ECNL teams, not just low level or mid table. I watched a lot of games because there wasn't much else to do. I have been to three national championships and 3 Jefferson cups and had teams play in the top bracket so I have a pretty good idea at national talent. As much as people don't want to think it , the ECNL players are not DA level in most cases. they are 2nd tier players. SCU last year had their U19's go to Louisiana and they had their U18's go to Illinois. Not enough players could make it to Illinois due to having to report to colleges the following week so SCU threw together a group of kids that were some seniors, Juniors, couple sophmores, and even a freshman. They played the team that ended up winning the national championship and they lost 4-0. that was their worst loss of the tournament and the team that won didn't allow a goal the entire tournament and beat the other ECNL teams by similar scores. So How do I think they will do against other florida ECNL teams? I think they will do fine. will they be top of the table? I hope not because that would say the other teams are awful. I think some of teams will do well, some will be mid table , others will be at the bottom. From what I hear FESA is the only team that was heads above the rest.
                              I hope you know the U18s played in the second division of the ENPL Playoffs. You can call losing by 2 or 3 goals being competitive, but at the end of the day you’re still losing lol.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X