Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transgender high school athletes spark controversy, debate in Connecticut PART II

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Field hockey is a men's sport in half the world.
    Nah dude....field hockey is a girls sport everywhere, but I agree, it is played by males in some parts

Comment

When it hits a sport with a big following or big money, it will be a big issue. Until then few will take notice. A few obscure cycling or track or handball competitions won't do it.

Comment

When it hits a sport with a big following or big money, it will be a big issue. Until then few will take notice. A few obscure cycling or track or handball competitions won't do it.
        That describes petty much all female sports. Other than the Olympics and WC, few pay attention to female athletes. The skimpier the outfit the better.
        If a female who has transitioned to a man does well in Male sports that's seen as an accomplishment. If they don't do well everyone says "see, women can't really compete " If its man to woman then, well, sorry. Its science/biology and they have an unfair advantage.

Comment

That describes petty much all female sports. Other than the Olympics and WC, few pay attention to female athletes. The skimpier the outfit the better.
          If a female who has transitioned to a man does well in Male sports that's seen as an accomplishment. If they don't do well everyone says "see, women can't really compete " If its man to woman then, well, sorry. Its science/biology and they have an unfair advantage.
          Not arguing that but until there is some money or fame at stake, not many care too much. If the very unlikely event occurs that a transgender person also happens to be agolf or some other pro capable of actually winning a lot if money, it may become a bigger issue.

Comment

I doubt it at any level post puberty.

I had a daughter on a nationally ranked team who went on to earn a D1 college scholarship. They played against their club boys teams, also nationally ranked up until U13. They competed successfully because up until that point many of the girls were actually bigger than the boys, but the quickness of the boys even at that age was pretty obvious. A year later and the size differential was gone. Never mind the fact that testosterone allows boys to add muscle, but estrogen causes girls to add fat (and I don't mean that in a mean way. It's just a fact of nature.) The US women's soccer team get slaughtered playing U16 boys club teams for a reason.
            Dr obvious is a d000uche

Comment

Males have 15-25% more lung capacity then do women due to larger rib cage that allows for lung expansion.

Males have larger hearts.

Males have broader shoulders and narrower hips.

Males have denser muscles and more fast twitch fibers.

Males have denser bones

Females have a wider Q-angle. That’s the hip to knee ratio (that is also why females are more susceptible to ACL injuries).

Even with the hormonal use of testosterone, human growth hormones and steroids female biology is still inferior to a male’s when it comes to the Q-angle, hip-shoulder ratio, muscle density, bone density heart and lung volume.
              Those substances are all banned by the NCAA but I bet they let trans athletes use

Comment

People have bigger issues to deal. Sorry you have one of the few kids in the state that is suffering from having to compete against a transgender child but it just is directly affecting a tiny few. Try to look at it as a challenge to help your kid improve and be grateful you dont have bigger problems to face.
                This is pretty short sided. It's ridiculous that they would even consider allowing transgender boys play girls sports. This issue has the potential to destroy & make a mockery out of all woman's sports. It'll be a lot more than a "few kids" who are impacted.

Comment

A high school with 400 or 500 kids is estimated to have zero to 3 transgender students. Doubt the one of them that may want to play a sport will "destroy" anything. Probably would not even pursue their interest 8i sports to avoid the likes of angry closeted transgenders like you.

Comment

A high school with 400 or 500 kids is estimated to have zero to 3 transgender students. Doubt the one of them that may want to play a sport will "destroy" anything. Probably would not even pursue their interest 8i sports to avoid the likes of angry closeted transgenders like you.
                    It’s over the top liberal positions like this that will get Trump re-elected.

Comment

People have bigger issues to deal. Sorry you have one of the few kids in the state that is suffering from having to compete against a transgender child but it just is directly affecting a tiny few. Try to look at it as a challenge to help your kid improve and be grateful you dont have bigger problems to face.
                      Not the OP but you are out of your mind pal. Sorry your kid has to deal with it and be grateful you don't have bigger problems? Tell me, if you have a daughter, are you OK with a fully grown man using the same bathroom while she's in there? Theres way more to this than just sports. Grow up and use your brain. I can't believe people could support this type of stuff. We are so far gone its ridiculous.

Comment

Not the OP but you are out of your mind pal. Sorry your kid has to deal with it and be grateful you don't have bigger problems? Tell me, if you have a daughter, are you OK with a fully grown man using the same bathroom while she's in there? Theres way more to this than just sports. Grow up and use your brain. I can't believe people could support this type of stuff. We are so far gone its ridiculous.
                        You are way overreacting. Relax no one is going to hurt you or your kid because the don't have a heterosexual orientation. Trust me...if you have a daughter she is at much greater risk of harm from straight men then any transgender person.

Comment

You are way overreacting. Relax no one is going to hurt you or your kid because the don't have a heterosexual orientation. Trust me...if you have a daughter she is at much greater risk of harm from straight men then any transgender person.
                          Absolutely. Criminal statistics bear that out - nearly all physical and psychological abuse, rape and even murder are at the hands of straight men who are close to their victims. Transgenders aren't sexual predators. They only are in the minds of homophobes.

Comment

Our HS of 1000 students has had one. One. He/she was anything but sporty.

Comment

In CT, as long as the person "identifies" as a female, he/she can compete as a female....in any sport. No hormones or transition to female is needed or required. A full-on complete biological male can compete on any female high school sports team in CT. It just so happens that they has started in track & field. These same athletes would not qualify for any D1 scholarships because the athlete would not meet the hormone level requirements to qualify as a female.

Comment

Again. If this is the biggest issue you have to worry about in your life, consider yourself very lucky.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X