Worst Long Island Coach

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Susa Sucks! Susa Sucks! Susa Sucks! Susa Sucks! Susa Sucks! Susa Sucks! Susa Sucks! Susa Sucks! Susa Sucks! Susa Sucks! Susa Sucks! Susa Sucks! Susa Sucks! Susa Sucks! Susa Sucks! Susa Sucks! Susa Sucks! Susa Sucks! Susa Sucks! Susa Sucks! Susa Sucks!
    Susa Sucks! Susa Sucks! Susa Sucks! Susa Sucks! Susa Sucks! Susa Sucks! Susa Sucks! Susa Sucks! Susa Sucks! Susa Sucks! Susa Sucks! Susa Sucks! Susa Sucks! Susa Sucks! Susa Sucks! Susa Sucks! Susa Sucks! Susa Sucks! Susa Sucks! Susa Sucks! Susa Sucks!

Comment

Ron Alber

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Ron Alber
        Oh he's definitely awful! Not a terrible trainer, but AWFUL coach. Falls in love with a player or 2 and then forces the rest of the team to cater to those player's every whim. If his favorites are off that day or don't produce, he blames everyone else and rides every other kid because his stars were "dim".
        Am I on point?

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
          oh he's definitely awful! Not a terrible trainer, but awful coach. Falls in love with a player or 2 and then forces the rest of the team to cater to those player's every whim. If his favorites are off that day or don't produce, he blames everyone else and rides every other kid because his stars were "dim".
          Am i on point?
          y
          e
          s
          !

Comment

Oh he's definitely awful! Not a terrible trainer, but AWFUL coach. Falls in love with a player or 2 and then forces the rest of the team to cater to those player's every whim. If his favorites are off that day or don't produce, he blames everyone else and rides every other kid because his stars were "dim".
            Am I on point?
            He's an OK trainer. All by the book stuff. No imagination or thought in his sessions. Spot on about the assessment about player favorites. Great Admin., he should stay behind the scenes and do that.

Comment

Am I on point?
              To the T.
              Completely obsessed with the Half Hollow Hills kid, heard he got his wife to pull some strings and get the kid on the All-American team when she wasn't even on the watch-list. Wife was the All-American game coach last year, so she has some connects. At least he delivers on his promises, lol

Comment

Worst Long Island Coach

Am I on point?
                No, You can't have a good team if 1 or 2 kids are scoring all the goals...everyone else has to step up...this is life (its not just soccer).

Comment

Ron Alber

I believe Ron is a good trainer as well from what I see but his coaching skills stink according to multiple friends that have or have had daughters play for him. He has pure tunnel vision and any good he does at his sessions is ruined by his game day management. I don't know what sport he thinks he is managing but here is a reminder, there are 11 kids on the field at a time try and play the game right. He has dumped on kids with not playing who have been chased by schools for a scholarship and has put others who received local interest only. I guess these schools and their programs are wrong and Ron is right?

My vote for worst coach is Nir Sverei. Not a good trainer or a good coach, very bad reputation among numerous parents. Same story with this guy. Actually both came from ISA together so no surprise they share the same approach when dealing with young athletes.

Bottom line Susa needs better trainers across the board. The owner needs to get involved and raise the standards by reminding these trainers of their role and impact they have on these kids. "A lot (not all)" of these kids work hard sacrificing a lot of their free time, "most (not all)" deserve respect and fairness, as well as a coach who is dialed into the team concept of the sport. Not saying you should reward the kid who isn't working hard consistenly and growing. Most would agree opportunities and attention need to be given to those who earn it. Not to those who are in your ear, doing privates with you or your buddies, dating you, buying you expensive gifts or has parents who don't kiss your butt because they are those sorts who would sell their souls for their kids to be one of your chosen ones, etc..

If you care more about your customers than your profits, usually your business will grow more than if you are short-sided with your decisions.

Comment

Worst Long Island Coach

I believe Ron is a good trainer as well from what I see but his coaching skills stink according to multiple friends that have or have had daughters play for him. He has pure tunnel vision and any good he does at his sessions is ruined by his game day management. I don't know what sport he thinks he is managing but here is a reminder, there are 11 kids on the field at a time try and play the game right. He has dumped on kids with not playing who have been chased by schools for a scholarship and has put others who received local interest only. I guess these schools and their programs are wrong and Ron is right?

My vote for worst coach is Nir Sverei. Not a good trainer or a good coach, very bad reputation among numerous parents. Same story with this guy. Actually both came from ISA together so no surprise they share the same approach when dealing with young athletes.

Bottom line Susa needs better trainers across the board. The owner needs to get involved and raise the standards by reminding these trainers of their role and impact they have on these kids. "A lot (not all)" of these kids work hard sacrificing a lot of their free time, "most (not all)" deserve respect and fairness, as well as a coach who is dialed into the team concept of the sport. Not saying you should reward the kid who isn't working hard consistenly and growing. Most would agree opportunities and attention need to be given to those who earn it. Not to those who are in your ear, doing privates with you or your buddies, dating you, buying you expensive gifts or has parents who don't kiss your butt because they are those sorts who would sell their souls for their kids to be one of your chosen ones, etc..

well for the kid who is doing private sessions with the trainer...isnt that also called "doing extra" and "earning it"....Its certainly better than the other kid who is not doing private training sessions while sitting home playing XBOX!

If you care more about your customers than your profits, usually your business will grow more than if you are short-sided with your decisions.
                    that is a virtuous and noble statement ....but in the end, smart business grows your profits over BS cookie cutter statements.

Comment

Lol. Wah wah wah. My daughter didn’t play and was told she isn’t perfect. What in the world will I do? The captain at his finest. When your kid cannot cut it search for excuses. Typical Steve.

Comment

Zolnut

Comment

the landscaper from East Coast.

Comment

the landscaper from East Coast.
                            Is that the fat lady ?

Comment

Is that the fat lady ?
                              i don't know who that is, it's a dude. witholding name.

Comment

i don't know who that is, it's a dude. witholding name.
                                Yes, that fat lady is annoying that's for sure ! Her son is the next Messi i heard? Is this true

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X