Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Guys this is a PSA forum please stop with the MFA dumpster fire feedback on here! If you have PSA feedback fine but please stop with DB, MFA etc we don’t care about that mess.
    blog
    DB started this under PSA so now its a MFA bashing..dont like it, then leave and start your own page

Comment

The reason MFA stuff is on here is because MFA is a CANCER. Until MFA goes away, it will infect and destroy everything soccer related.

MFA IS THE WORST SOCCER CLUB IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, MAYBE THE PLANET!
      While I understand your sentiment, I believe your metaphor is a little off. I think MFA is more like an angler fish. The one that lives in the deepest, darkest parts of the ocean and has the weird antenna that glows to lure in unsuspecting fish. The fish is attracted by the shiny object and CHOMP.

Glowing antenna is the ECNL badge for those having trouble with where this is going.

A more apt use of the cancer metaphor, and because this is a PSA forum, is that John Newman is a cancer to youth soccer in New Jersey. The original tumor in Princeton went untreated and has now metastasized through northern and central NJ. The cancer moves in all directions taking over both travel and recreational programs of the unsuspecting hosts. What the cancer doesn’t realize, or doesn’t care, is that its quest for profits is killing off the grassroots support of soccer in the state.

Bucci is a small scale problem only for those that want to get involved with MFA. Newman and others like him are a large scale problem for the future of soccer.

Comment

And you base your synopsis on what??? Please elaborate

Comment

Looking at PSA as a possible choice for my daughter (‘07) any feedback good or bad based on your experience, I know they have multiple locations considering either Long Branch or Princeton as we’re right in between. Thanks

Comment

Looking at PSA as a possible choice for my daughter (‘07) any feedback good or bad based on your experience, I know they have multiple locations considering either Long Branch or Princeton as we’re right in between. Thanks
            Princeton Elite Orange NJ rank 44 plays in the USYS EDP Conference and Wildcats (merged with FC Sportika) NJ rank 13 in the NPL NY Club Soccer League. PSA does offer PSA National where your daughter can be selected for a combined team that competes regionally and nationally. You should ask or find out if the Wildcats practice at Sportika in Manalapan and if they will continue to do so in 2020-2021. If not, you may practice at Ranney School or in Long Branch which is a distance concern for Wildcats parents in western monmouth. I believe both locations may offer Premier (B) teams that play EDP.
            So far I have heard generally very good reviews as PSA continues to grow. Princeton and especially Wildcats IMO are very good options for girls and hold their own vs CSA Monmouth, Boca, PDA Shore & MFA. The Elite teams practice x3 weekly and can play high school.

Comment

Do your research very closely on who the coach may be and especially look into their history and get feedback from the parents if you can. I believe a few of the recent coaching additions at PSA were booted out by other clubs, but I’m not totally sure. Either way ask lots of questions, observe quite a few training sessions and ask for some references if they are willing to share. Good luck!

Comment

Do your research very closely on who the coach may be and especially look into their history and get feedback from the parents if you can. I believe a few of the recent coaching additions at PSA were booted out by other clubs, but I’m not totally sure. Either way ask lots of questions, observe quite a few training sessions and ask for some references if they are willing to share. Good luck!
                Very good advice do lots of research! Talk to people in the local community, google coaches and club and also word of mouth is very powerful. And remember where there is smoke there is fire. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks I’ll proceed very carefully given the feedback.

Comment

The 2006 FC bucks parents are posting on the bucks thread that PSA is close to folding - any truth to that rumor? Or are the bucks parents just trying to deflect from the dumpster fire that bucks has become?

Comment

I would not listen to parents from a club like FC Bucks just ignore as they are only a step above a rec club.

Comment

If anything we’ll prob buy them and CSA too!

Comment

Why do the FC Bucks parents keep posting PSA is failing? Are they just deflecting from their clubs widely known issues or are there some real problems at PSA?

Comment

Why do the FC Bucks parents keep posting PSA is failing? Are they just deflecting from their clubs widely known issues or are there some real problems at PSA?
                            It’s all parents from the FC Bucks 06 Girls ecnl team. They Are bat**** crazy. They try to deflect from their own issues by tearing other local clubs down. They are also actively recruiting a couple PSA players. A couple have come to FC bucks open tryouts recently. They are trying to make PSA seem less attractive to these players and themselves more attractive. Reality is that the FC bucks 06 is an ecnl team in name only. They barely train - maybe 1x a week if lucky. The coach is checked out and doesn’t show up to games and practices. He provides zero feedback to the girls. And the team is run by an overzealous conflicted dad of one of the players who dresses up like a coach but has no real coaching qualifications. This team will try and lure you with its ecnl patch and dreams of D1 scholarships. Don’t believe it. Run as far away from this team as you can.

Comment

It’s all parents from the FC Bucks 06 Girls ecnl team. They Are bat**** crazy. They try to deflect from their own issues by tearing other local clubs down. They are also actively recruiting a couple PSA players. A couple have come to FC bucks open tryouts recently. They are trying to make PSA seem less attractive to these players and themselves more attractive. Reality is that the FC bucks 06 is an ecnl team in name only. They barely train - maybe 1x a week if lucky. The coach is checked out and doesn’t show up to games and practices. He provides zero feedback to the girls. And the team is run by an overzealous conflicted dad of one of the players who dresses up like a coach but has no real coaching qualifications. This team will try and lure you with its ecnl patch and dreams of D1 scholarships. Don’t believe it. Run as far away from this team as you can.
                              This is exactly how MFA is. Barely train, overzealous dads, no feedback. ecln patch etc.

Comment

Completely agree guys stay away from failing clubs like MFA and FC Bucks their coaches are not as qualified as ours and I think players are parents are finally starting to realize that! They just sell you on the ECNL patch, but do not get you better as a player. Invest wisely in a great and growing club like PSA!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X