Reign Reserves

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry I said "shut up" on my post. That was quite rude. I apologize. Shouldn't have done that. Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Honestly, half of your Reign A team are B team players and same goes for ECNL. Unless your dd is an absolute stud, you should be worried if the real A team ECNL players came to the open sessions, but they won't, unless arrangements have been made before hand. At this level it isn't, "oh who is she?" but rather "oh, X is here." No strangers here.

Unless you are a Reign coach, I highly doubt you will know who is coming in from ECNL because any sign of disloyalty, like attending an open session, will result in being kicked off the team. Impact players which everyone will know will not be there unless they are already on the team.

People troll you Reign parents because you are so easy to troll. You guys go from 0 to 100 "rabid, defend Reign at all costs and circle the wagons" mode. Kind of funny and scary. Hey, all of this drama will end soon enough. Relax and enjoy the journey. Until, my kid decides to join the Reign and put your kid to ride the pine. :)
      Oh please. I would love for your kid to get on the reign. Because if she’s that good as you say, they’d make the team better. I had the exact same thoughts you did... why spend money, my kids just as good, etc. I was wrong. My daughter has gotten immensely better than if we stayed at ECNL. Bring your kid over and then you’d see all the resources being given to your daughter to help them play in college and elevate their game. You’d see the club DOC actually working with your daughter, talking to them about their goals and calling schools!

I know who’s coming in because parents are asking to come over. Maybe they will come, maybe they won’t. But they seem honestly interested. Our team has more than enough players and new players from other DA clubs just joined. It’s the younger teams that will have spots. They tend to only bring on impact players and If you actually watched a DA game you’d see that.

As for riding pine, I doubt it. My kid came in mid season just as you seem to be suggesting, and she did make other kids ride pine. As I said, everyone is an impact player. We defend players who put in the hard time because they are told “no” all their lives and instead of quiting, they work harder. They have to break through every ridiculous roadblock. They have to fight for their spots on soccer teams because parents want to bring players down and move their own kid up and don’t want their own kids to work. Other parents just donate money to get into a team. The politics is toxic. That’s not happening on reign, at least in the older ages. I wish I could make this arguement for our former ecnl club. But I can’t.

I can substitute reign with ECNL and it’s the same forum chatter. I can substitute US national team with Reign and I’ve heard the exact same complaints and counter arguments and trolling.

Guess what. Hard work pays off. That can’t be taken away from them.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2586312 Until, my kid decides to join the Reign and put your kid to ride the pine. :)[/QUOTE]

I’m going to add. Yes, come over if she’s not already in ECNL. Because if she’s impact, there won’t be any politics about bringing her on.

I’ve seen plenty of super talented, goal scoring players get turned away from ECNL teams, because “promises were made”. “Get on our A team and we will move you up” seems to be the response you’d get.

See you at open sessions in Nov.

Comment

The Biggest Threat to U.S. Women’s Soccer Dominance: European Superclubs

The Biggest Threat to U.S. Women’s Soccer Dominance: European Superclubs
          Recent investment from Europe’s richest teams is trickling up to national squads and building World Cup contenders

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-big...bs-11560420003

In the four years since the last women’s World Cup, clubs like Barcelona, Juventus and Manchester City have reached into their deep pockets and poured money into their women’s teams. While it remains a tiny fraction of what they spend on the men’s side, a few million dollars have proven more than enough to raise the standard of the top European players dramatically.

Every major club taking the short hop into women’s soccer has a similar story. The first step is a small financial commitment to make the teams fully professional. That means players no longer have to hold down day jobs or train late in the evenings.

Then they install the team at the same state-of-the-art training facilities used by the men and the elite youth academies, whether that is La Masia at Barcelona or the sprawling Etihad Campus at Manchester City. Bayern Munich, for instance, had fielded a women’s team since 1970, but its 2017 move into the $80 million Bayern Campus in Munich is now seen as the launch of the program’s modern era.
          -------------------

Meanwhile, back at the Batcave... The attacks on ECNL VS DA organizations, players, coaches, and parents roll on relentlessly. I hope clearer heads will prevail and sort this out before my 09 DD has to pick a side...er... uhm team.

Comment

There are other options besides ECNL in other states if you believe the news:

European powerhouses Sevilla FC have launched three new soccer academies in the USA and were Stateside on Wednesday to officially open them.

A European power play: Elite soccer clubs develop roots with American youth academies
            Most recently, FC Barcelona, the reigning European and Spanish champions, and Arsenal FC, one of England’s largest, most established clubs, have announced that they will be opening academies in the United States in the coming months.

Every Graduate Has Earned a College Scholarship or Signed a Professional Contract
            Now that's quite a bold statement.
            https://www.barcaacademy.com/academy/

AS Roma has established a comprehensive year-round partnership programme with select US-based youth clubs, all members of the U.S Soccer Development Academy, with a focus on identifying and developing top-tier players.
            https://www.asroma.com/en/teams/usa-academy

Ajax wants a foothold in the U.S.
            Thus Ajax can't afford to hold onto the wealth of talent it produces anymore.

So Ajax has had to come up with a different approach to competing for the public's mind share, one that involves U.S. soccer.

"We want to see if we can be present on every continent in the form of an academy," explained Marcus Keane, Ajax's American-born director of business development, over a pint of (what else?) Amstel Light.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              "elite" soccer has been so diluted that there's AT MOST 0-3 actual elite players per ecnl and da team. everyone one else is totally interchangeable. that's why parents of kids on these teams are so on edge all the time and the coaches have so much power. because in the end their player is easily replaceable.
              Thank you. Very well said. I was going to educate angry DA dad some more, but what for. Going from 36 (2 teams x 18) "elite" players PER age group to 108 (6 teams x 18) "elite" players PER age group in a couple years. Yay! Elite soccer by fiat.

Top ECNL players get everything from their clubs. They get to train with the boys and older girls for faster speed of play. They get the attention not only from their coach, but other coaches. Parents on edge 100% correct. The clubs are afraid that these players will leave b/c they can join any club and they are not replaceable. Hence, if a real ECNL player wanted to join Reign or another ECNL club, somebody is going to lose her job. Like I said before, there are no strangers at this level.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X