Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It is also the COO''s team. The same guy who makes sure he tells anyone who will listen how he runs the club. Conveniently he has all the tryout info about players. Feel bad for the kids. Larry has censored so many posts about this guy that were posted by his own team parents. Nice job Surf. Get rid of this guy before he ruins you.
    Between this guy and the psycho mommy manager in the G03, Surf is already destroying any real interest or potential to really make a name for themselves. The only decent teams they have are the 2 older girls teams they got from ISA and KK Atletico when they were displaced by the age change mandate. But I really don't foresee the club achieving anything notable in the next few years...

Comment

Testing

I am resting how to reply. Thanks great site.

Comment

I just heard what Surf charges for 2006 on LI. I was blown away! They have to be the most expensive club in the area. And for what? I am really baffled. The Massapequa girls who left, will be back at Massapequa (for half the price) or at another program a year from now. Bank it.

Comment

I just heard what Surf charges for 2006 on LI. I was blown away! They have to be the most expensive club in the area. And for what? I am really baffled. The Massapequa girls who left, will be back at Massapequa (for half the price) or at another program a year from now. Bank it.
          More than Susa? How much was the quote?

Comment

More than Susa? How much was the quote?
            According to the FAQ on their website, NY Surf charges $2495 for 2006/2007 players. Includes the following:

Fall, Winter and Spring Training
            In Season Training: 2-3 times per week
            Winter Training 1-2 times per week.
            For H.S. age teams (U15 and older), training will start after the school season ends
            Fall, Winter and Spring League Registration
            League Referee Fees
            Insurance Fees
            Trainer Fees
            Tournament Fees- 3 Tournaments
            Goalkeeper Training- Regional Group Training 1x per week
            Coach Tournament Travel Expenses and per diem coaching fees
            Team Media Guides/Profile Sheets
            Full-time Coach who conducts all training sessions, league games, outdoor tournaments and indoor events
            Team Management & Operational Support
            College Recruiting Assistance
            Access to College Fit Finder Membership
            Access to Techne Futbol Training resources

Comment

Christie Welsh joins surf as coach and AD. Might be worth the few hundred dollars more to have her as your coach!

Comment

Tough loss for Massapequa considering that's where she's from and played.

Comment

According to the FAQ on their website, NY Surf charges $2495 for 2006/2007 players. Includes the following:

Fall, Winter and Spring Training
                  In Season Training: 2-3 times per week
                  Winter Training 1-2 times per week.
                  For H.S. age teams (U15 and older), training will start after the school season ends
                  Fall, Winter and Spring League Registration
                  League Referee Fees
                  Insurance Fees
                  Trainer Fees
                  Tournament Fees- 3 Tournaments
                  Goalkeeper Training- Regional Group Training 1x per week
                  Coach Tournament Travel Expenses and per diem coaching fees
                  Team Media Guides/Profile Sheets
                  Full-time Coach who conducts all training sessions, league games, outdoor tournaments and indoor events
                  Team Management & Operational Support
                  College Recruiting Assistance
                  Access to College Fit Finder Membership
                  Access to Techne Futbol Training resources
                  Not at all out of the norm

Comment

Christie Welsh joins surf as coach and AD. Might be worth the few hundred dollars more to have her as your coach!
                    Not surprised. MF is an organizational disaster.

Comment

Not surprised. MF is an organizational disaster.
                      That's why she didn't last at LIRR. Shows how little Surf knew when they brought her on board. Honestly Surf has made every mistake you can think of and still they march on.

Comment

Keep hearing Surf is a non-profit which means nobody owns it. Would like to know how to get the parents on the board so the club can narrow its focus on our kids. That should be public if truly a non-profit.

Comment

Keep hearing Surf is a non-profit which means nobody owns it. Would like to know how to get the parents on the board so the club can narrow its focus on our kids. That should be public if truly a non-profit.
                          If it's a non profit it's probably under the SD Surf umbrella. You can look at their 990 but details for the local level might be hard to suss out - kind of like anoperating division at a big corporation where the company may want to hide a poor performing division..

There's no requirements that a non profit club has to have parents on the board unless mandated by a state law or the organization's own bylaws. A club being a nonprofit doesn't mean it operates like a true charity. I'm the end they're still a business taking advantage of a tax structure

Comment

Surf remove references to their labor day travel tournament. Maybe next year ...

They are still advertising the HS tournament but that is going to struggle getting teams with all the restrictions that HS programs operate under.

Comment

Surf remove references to their labor day travel tournament. Maybe next year ...

They are still advertising the HS tournament but that is going to struggle getting teams with all the restrictions that HS programs operate under.
                              What!? Larry can't help them?

Comment

Larry still stringing the parents of Surf along promising ECNL or GDA in 2018. I guess they are losing too many players.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X